Detrick Mostella dismissed from team

Fulkerson's injury, now Stella out. The other shoe has dropped.

Probably won't be the last...

Last edited:
More experience for our young guys, I suppose. There isn't really a good way to spin this but considering we've got to live with it might as well try to find something positive here. Sucks for the team and for Mostella, whatever the case.

Losing a player that is arguably your biggest threat offensively is never good thing. We will be lucky to win 6 SEC games.

Reactions: 2 people
I posted on the ARK game thread that CRB pulled Detrick out of the game after a defensive lapse and DM was visibly pissed and mouthing during a TO, and that Hubbs and one of the assistant coaches moved over to calm him down. It didn't bode well at the time imo.

I would tend to agree with this, but Mostella has continued to play and play big minutes. With other players (ie Phillips, Admiral and Hubbs last year) he has set them substantial periods of time and sometimes an entire game. This hasn't happened with Mostella. This leads me to believe its something else.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Hope for his sake it wasn't a crack pipe or "works" (needle etc...) Rolling papers is dumb enough.

A lot of people are gonna ask why or think this isn't deserving of the boot, however this was a final type of deal, he had been warned multiple times.

I think something happened after this. It's been posted on scout that this incident happened before the ETSU game.

I think something happened after this. It's been posted on scout that this incident happened before the ETSU game.

Very likely, with his court date being 2 weeks away it doesn't seem like this incident happened in the last few days. Not sure what the final straw was, maybe with semester ending it was final grades coming out, but I do know it wasn't one major incident but just a series of small issues that kept building.

Hope for his sake it wasn't a crack pipe or "works" (needle etc...) Rolling papers is dumb enough.

"Rolling papers" doesn't need to be put together with those and it's really not that dumb. It's better than getting sh!t faced drunk. The double standard there is behind dumb. It still baffles me that athletes are aloud to drink but if they want to chill out and smoke then they're labeled different and face some pretty harsh consequences. An athlete that smokes is going to chill out. An athlete that goes and drinks, more often than not, is going to go get themselves in trouble by doing something stupid. DUI, assault, and even rape now a days.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't disagree with you. Dumb to have them on you or in your room. Many on here will flame you though.:D

Sucks but it's not the end of the world.

Losing Phillips would be far worse. I hope he gets his act together and takes advantage of this opportunity.

Someone is going to have to step up the rebounding

Reactions: 1 person
"Rolling papers" doesn't need to be put together with those and it's really not that dumb. It's better than getting sh!t faced drunk. The double standard there is behind dumb. It still baffles me that athletes are aloud to drink but if they want to chill out and smoke then they're labeled different and face some pretty harsh consequences. An athlete that smokes is going to chill out. An athlete that goes and drinks, more often than not, is going to go get themselves in trouble by doing something stupid. DUI, assault, and even rape now a days.
The 'multiple warnings' doesn't compute.
No benching or suspensions.
Really doesn't fit the Barnes discipline model.

Double standard in a drug culture. I sometimes think illegal drugs are the ones where the government doesn't get its cut.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back