Detrick Mostella dismissed from team

We have eternal crabs and can't get rid of them. If we could get rid of them as easily as we get rid of scholarships, we'd be cured. Itch on in fits of furious madness. It's our destiny.

"I've always been very clear about the standards that members of this program will be held to," Tennessee coach Rick Barnes said. "Those standards are very high, and Detrick unfortunately has not lived up to them."

Grant Ramey posted an article earlier where Tom Satkowiak said it wasn't related to drugs or academics and now that isn't in the article anymore. Either way, that's gonna leave a mark. Dammit. We can't catch a freakin' break.

More experience for our young guys, I suppose. There isn't really a good way to spin this but considering we've got to live with it might as well try to find something positive here. Sucks for the team and for Mostella, whatever the case.

That's surprising. Not what we needed. It opens up valuable playing time for someone.

If there's one player I wouldn't mind seeing dismissed, it's Lew Evans. He already has his degree and he's not very good with an orange round ball you put through a net.

Reactions: 4 people
Games played: 15
Minutes/game: 21.5
Points/game: 10.5
FG Pct: 40.5
3FG Pct: 37.1
FT Pct: 70.3

Rebounds/game: 3.9
Assists/game: 1.2
Turnovers/game: 1.5
Assist/turnover ratio: 0.8
Steals/game: 0.4
Blocks/game: 0.4

One of the best 3-point shooters on a team with no threat in the paint.

If TN finishes with a winning record and an NIT bid, Barnes should be the SEC COY.

Reactions: 2 people
Bowden and Phillips are going to have to step up. Phillips has tailed off. It's time for him to take advantage of more playing time.

Reactions: 1 person
It's a shame to see a kid derail his future

As for the program, I think it's probably for the best.

I posted on the ARK game thread that CRB pulled Detrick out of the game after a defensive lapse and DM was visibly pissed and mouthing during a TO, and that Hubbs and one of the assistant coaches moved over to calm him down. It didn't bode well at the time imo.

Woodson could be getting some minutes if Phillips doesn't get his butt in gear. I'll be very surprised if Johnson's redshirt is removed.

I posted on the ARK game thread that CRB pulled Detrick out of the game after a defensive lapse and DM was visibly pissed and mouthing during a TO, and that Hubbs and one of the assistant coaches moved over to calm him down. It didn't bode well at the time imo.

I saw Parker copping the same attitude earlier in the year. Walked right past Barnes after getting pulled out while Barnes was talking to him. We don't need players unwilling to be coached that put themselves ahead of the team.

This leaves Hubbs as the only player that Barnes did not have a hand in their recruitment. Schofield and Phillips are the only others that aren't 100% CRB's. Schofield just came off of suspension and Phillips seemed to have been moved to the dog house last game.

Thank the Lord for the 7 freshmen. We need every one of them now.

A bit inconsistent, but one of the most electric players we had. Maybe even my favorite on this team. I honestly don't know what's the hopes for this team for the year should be. Hoping the close losses to caliber opponents will influence recruiting but if not, then I just don't know.

VN Store

Back