Describe Derek Dooley in one sentence

If he was the best coach that Tennessee could get, it speaks volumes about the next 10 years of UT ball. If you are over 60 hold your breath on living long enough to see a 10 win season.

I don't understand the Negavols on Dooley. Two top 15 classes. Came in and stablized a program in chaos. Took a undermanned and inexperienced team and got us to a bowl game, and was a heartbeat away from getting us 8 wins. Anyone here think for a minute that Fulmer or Kiffin could have done that last year?

Please tell me what else he could have done to this point that would make you guys happy? I admit that when he was first hired I was a little worried. I didn't know a whole lot about him, and thought he could have been a panic hire, but since then he has done nothing but impress me. I really think he is the right man for us. I believe that he will be the man that gets us back to the top of the mountain.

I got a very good feeling that a lot of people on here is going to be eating crow in a couple years. Go Vols

I think the opinions of a lot of these Negative fans comes from Media opinions of the Dooley Hire. Some fans take way to much stock into Sports Writers opinions.

Ask AU fans now how that crappy Chizik hire turned out, or ask Texas AM, Michigan, or Colorado fans have those awesome Franchione, Rich Rod, and Hawkins hires turned out for them.

Sports Writers are paid for their opinions but like they say opinions are a A Holes. Everyone has got one.

Last edited:
I think its still to early to tell if DD will be able to get the results needed at UT, he inherited an absolute mess and its going to take time to fix it. Our recruiting as of now has got me a little worried.

Mine:

Five years from now we will look back and thank Coach Dooley for stabilizing the program so our current coach could have immediate success.

So in this scenario, you expect Dooley gone in 3-4 years, and then the next coach would come in and immediately start playing at a championship level?

Coach Derek Dooley; the kind of coach that you want your son to play for!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I don't understand the Negavols on Dooley. Two top 15 classes. Came in and stablized a program in chaos. Took a undermanned and inexperienced team and got us to a bowl game, and was a heartbeat away from getting us 8 wins. Anyone here think for a minute that Fulmer or Kiffin could have done that last year?

Please tell me what else he could have done to this point that would make you guys happy? I admit that when he was first hired I
was a little worried. I didn't know a whole lot
about him, and thought he could have been
a panic hire, but since then he has done
nothing but impress me. I really think he is
the right man for us. I believe that he will be
the man that gets us back to the top of the
mountain.

I got a very good feeling that a lot of people on here is going to be eating crow in a couple years. Go Vols

Outstanding post!! Bravo, Bravo!!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

"He's our coach, so forget you!" that's what I usually say.

Last edited by a moderator:

VN Store

Back