Derrell Scott vs Florida

My guess is that young is the only one the coaches trust to catch the ball. If the others are more likely to muff it then I will take young all day every day.

Reactions: 1 person
CBJ stop short of saying much about Derrell Scott, I'm wondering if he is just showing out in practice...There is no doubt he is a Above average RB, I'm ready to see the 2 headed monster start showing his face.

The bad thing about Lane is he stays bit with the injury bug. I would love to see what the kid could do if he would stay healthy.

Lane is hurt and has less than 50 carries, I guess we should toss him off the team along with Croom?

The yearning for Derrell Scott is similar to the second string QB being the most popular guy on the team (with the exception of the current Vols and Peterson). Scott may indeed end up being good or even great, but let's let him earn his carries like everyone else.

Reactions: 1 person
Had played a down but hadn't played in another game yet. (Hmmmm, posting what I mean the first time would be a good idea....)
I went to that Georgia game with a friend from Athens, Ga. He told me beforehand that Georgia had this hotshot running back that was supposed to really be something.
I don't think that Walker came into the game until the second half, or very late in the first. My friend was certainly right about Walker. I had never heard his name mentioned until my friend alerted me before that game.

You are correct, 72 Grad. Hershel came in at the beginning of the 2nd half and the rest is history. What a beast! You never know when that "hot shot running back" is going to be THE hotshot running back. Sure is fun watching Hurd get better and better. Sounds like Kamara will be a good one next year but like our QB who left us whose name escapes me right now. You'd like to actually see them and see what they can do. However, I have full faith in this coaching staff to do that at the right time....certainly not when I think we should see a given player.

Young can't get full momentum and see holes on kickoffs. What makes you think he can at the running back position with a lesser reaction time?

I'm not downing Young but I don't see him being resourceful over Lane at running back.

Scott will come in for Hurd on a few plays this week. Lane is in a no contact jersey today in practice and Scott got a huge amount of carries.

The yearning for Derrell Scott is similar to the second string QB being the most popular guy on the team (with the exception of the current Vols and Peterson). Scott may indeed end up being good or even great, but let's let him earn his carries like everyone else.

@FootballTimeMag: Derrell Scott looked really solid today. He was RB No. 2 behind Hurd since Lane was in a green jersey.

I always wondered why they didnt give pig howard a shot at RB?

I much prefer Pig at WR. He has made some huge plays for us in his career. You can always count on Pig. Even the fumble against UGA last year was a gnat's hair from winning the game for us.

Shouldn't see Scott until Chattanooga. No way he gets his first taste of college football in a game as big as Florida imo.

Young can't get full momentum and see holes on kickoffs. What makes you think he can at the running back position with a lesser reaction time?

I'm not downing Young but I don't see him being resourceful over Lane at running back.
Ouch, how do those words taste after seeing Young produce when Lane couldn't? (Today)

VN Store

Back