Derek Dooley will be SEC coach of the year in 2012

I did reply before you edited; sorry I missed that.

To your points, you base most of the "upgrade" argument on experience. That certainly matters, but is not the end-all-be-all. None of these guys come in as top guys in their positions. Sunseri is highly regarded as an LBs coach, but he's a major question at DC.

Every single one of these guys could be an upgrade over the previous staff. But any definitive statement would be based off of hopes and dreams.

Didn't base it off of experience, I based it off of results. Thompson has nowhere near the resume of Palermo at dl. We got a former nfl special teams coach that produced results. Jay graham is better than a ga named chino. Sunseri like you said is an all world lb coach. Db coach has question mark but they replace a question mark. The ol coach is an upgrade both in recruiting and in coaching. Hinshaw moving to wr coach helps recruiting but he isn't as good as baggett as a coach. I don't think looking at experience, results, and resumes in comparing what we lost and what we got is dreaming. I'm not saying every position upgraded because like at dc and db you just don't know.

Wrong. If you are in sales, you should know that you DO NOT sell on faith. Results are what matters. Not hopes and prayers. This organiation is broken. Until they fix it, I don't see why anyone would blindy say they have faith in it.

You do not sell on faith? Lulz

:hi:

Dont allow reality to knock your buzz. Enjoy yourself - delusions are wonderful, I know how much I enjoy mine. I have a new worry for you and me- are they gonna try and install a new defensive scheme ? That would be a major impediment to getting better and maybe getting to 8-9 wins.

If your going to dream why dream little if DD gets Coach of the Year in the SEC then it might mean we won the SEC east and maybe heading to a BCS bowl game . The Vegas odds might be against this but what the heck. We can dream

Err. Faith is one of the all time best sellers in the history of mankind, yo.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

:good!:

You know what's up. I won't even start a conversation about whether the church thinks faith sells.

Anyways... I sure hope we can close out a strong season for a change, and turn this big monster around. We are way past due!

IF Derek Dooley is a great coach, he will prove it this year. IF not, it is time for Tennessee fans to move on.

A terrible record backed up by non competitive blowouts to better teams and underachieving against less talented teams is evidence against Dooley ever turning anything around. The fact that practically his entire staff made lateral moves to other teams also is evidence against his greatness. I acknowledge that he inherited a disaster and the team is better than when he found it but I have yet to see anything on the field that proves that he will ever be in the caliber of coaches like Saban, Miles, Petrino, Spurrier, or even Richt. It isn't enough to be a good coach in the SEC, you have to be great to win; Dooley has yet to prove he is even a decent HC.

Naww man. The U of Tennessee aint no stupid ugly monster. Its a wild stallion with the grace and ellegance the likes of which ain't no ALABAMA ever had. Its been a little underfed, maltreated and short on power these last few years. But its got some rough around the edges and scrapiness that its gettin' ready to bust out on some would-be predator on some sunny weekend this fall. Gotta float like a battleship n go win some rings.

Reactions: 1 person
Hey DaddyChad, is that what you gonna be mumblin' at your feet while you sit in Neyland hangin' your head while everyone else is standin' up screamin' like crazed beasts on LSD cuz they just saw J Hunter catch a 90 yard bomb on Florida's D? Or you gonna have some pep in your step and just watch it happen by then?

Naww man. The U of Tennessee aint no stupid ugly monster. Its a wild stallion with the grace and ellegance the likes of which ain't no ALABAMA ever had. Its been a little underfed, maltreated and short on power these last few years. But its got some rough around the edges and scrapiness that its gettin' ready to bust out on some would-be predator on some sunny weekend this fall. Gotta float like a battleship n go win some rings.

Well said bro, well said!:good!:

Hey DaddyChad, is that what you gonna be mumblin' at your feet while you sit in Neyland hangin' your head while everyone else is standin' up screamin' like crazed beasts on LSD cuz they just saw J Hunter catch a 90 yard bomb on Florida's D? Or you gonna have some pep in your step and just watch it happen by then?

Oh I think I'll be able to muster some pep on game day. I definitely think the UF game is a game we should win. I hope Dooley makes me eat my words.

Well, it's easy to see the fan base is still split. It's nice to see a lot of people still have faith. I can't wait for the season tho start! 5 1/2 freakin months.

VN Store

Back