Derek Barnett ONLY Player In SEC History....

VolnJC

Tennessee Stats
‏@Vol_Stats
Derek Barnett is the 1st player in @SEC HISTORY with 3 seasons of 10.0 or more sacks 🍊🏈
2016: 10.0
2015: 10.0
2014: 10.0

Reactions: 52 people
giphy.gif

Reactions: 19 people
Wish we could have 4.

Yeah, but top 5 pick he's got to declare...he helped bring us back though.. now he needs to go get that check and take care of the people that helped him be the man he is today...next man up!

Reactions: 8 people
My fav player in Football! Got a mean disposition but quiet. Don't brag and run his mouth, just produces. One of the top edge rushers every year and the best at tkl and tfl. He took over that UF game and we all owe him that victory imo. Hate to see him go but no way in heck should he risk another year if he ends this season healthy. Go get that mud DB!

Reactions: 4 people
It's crazy to think that we flipped one of our best players on the team in Barnett from Vandy. Lol

Reactions: 5 people
Don't say your good byes yet. He could get some draft insurance and play another year with the Vols.

If it turns out that this is his last year, I've got no beef with that, he is a VFL and I am a Barnett fan no matter which NFL team was lucky to get him.

Time to set some records DB.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 2 people
It will be 33 to break the record. Technically he could break it with 32.5, but Im sure that would haunt DB as much as the pick six he missed earlier in the year

Tennessee Stats
‏@Vol_Stats
Derek Barnett is the 1st player in @SEC HISTORY with 3 seasons of 10.0 or more sacks 🍊🏈
2016: 10.0
2015: 10.0
2014: 10.0

That is impressive.

Out of curiosity, how many guys have done it outside of the SEC?

you do know Garrett's missed 2 games this year right?

these two guys are animals. i don't get why everyone is in such a rush to say Barnett is better. even if he is better, is it really by this wide margin? same for Garrett.

i will say this, last year Garrett tore it up. big time. this year he's been hampered by injuries.

they'll both probably go in the top 8 in the draft. they'll both probably be very good to great in the NFL.

i siap, but Garrett reminds more of a julius peppers/Javon Kearse type DE, where Barnett reminds me more a Charles Johnson/john abraham type. i like Garrett's athletic ability, and his long arms, a tad more, but i like Barnett's motor and physicality a little more. and i think he's a better leader.

alot will depend on what kind of situation they land in, in the NFL.

as for Barnett's career at UT...we're lucky to have him, and he will be missed. dude is just special.

Reactions: 1 person
What a badass. I feel like he's never received the attention he deserves for his play. The guy is a freak...hope the Titans can keep him in state next year.

Barnett reminds me of Dwight Freeney a lot...the so called undersized DE that just gets it done all because he is a bit "short" for a DE people underestimate him. I think the situation he is in is optimal actually always robin to Garrett's batman. Lets him have a chip and be underestimated. The singular worry I have about Barnett is his lack of stats vs scrub teams.

I know it sounds crazy but hear me out. In big games and big moments he always steps up... big-time. He does not disappear in the other moments and games it just seems like the fire is not the same. All I know is he owes us 3 more sacks over these next 2 games. If he does not deliver he will be the 3rd best Defensive player to ever play at UT instead of number 2.

My current mental rankings
1 Reggie White
2 Eric Berry
3 Derek Barnett

I don't care if he gets 10 sacks each in the next 2 games he can't pass Reggie in my heart. If he breaks the record I give him a tie with Eric Berry for 2

VN Store

Back