Dealership wrecked MY brand new car

holy crap

The kid didn't have the pedestals right and one side slipped off. The rack caught it but caused some damage. The owners made it clear they did not want a wrecked vehicle. Got them anew one.

I just don't understand why a dealer wouldn't go above and beyond in this instance. The lifetime value of a customer is huge $.

In 1995 Sam's Club replaced a 40" TV my Dad got for Christmas for the family. It was nobody's fault that it got busted. The stand broke when he put the TV on it and the fall chipped the glass screen. He told them what happened and they gave him a new one.

I just don't understand why a dealer wouldn't go above and beyond in this instance. The lifetime value of a customer is huge $.

In 1995 Sam's Club replaced a 40" TV my Dad got for Christmas for the family. It was nobody's fault that it got busted. The stand broke when he put the TV on it and the fall chipped the glass screen. He told them what happened and they gave him a new one.
Well, one thing I didn't mention was that my car is the luxury brand version and I was taking it to the "lesser brand" if you want to call it that. My car has a lifetime powertrain warranty only available from the dealer I bought from. Complicates things more.

Well, one thing I didn't mention was that my car is the luxury brand version and I was taking it to the "lesser brand" if you want to call it that. My car has a lifetime powertrain warranty only available from the dealer I bought from. Complicates things more.

That has nothing to do with negligence. The dealer screwed up. I don't care if it was jiffy lube. They owe you a new car.

Reactions: 1 person
That has nothing to do with negligence. The dealer screwed up. I don't care if it was jiffy lube. They owe you a new car.

That's why they have liability insurance. This should be easy to solve for them. I would just calmly say, "rectify this or I'm getting my lawyer involved. You are legally responsible for what happened."

This happened to a guy who owned a WRX......he got on Subaru website forums and they absolutely shamed them into doing the right thing. Brand new car.

No. I work for a Hyundai dealership in Chattanooga. I agree that you should be frustrated not being able to speak to the GM. It sounds like the service manager is trying to keep it from getting to the GM.

I might've asked you this before, but is Mac still the regional guy with Hyundai?

do the math on the actual value of diminished value, I can't imagine that the diminished value amount would be more than $1500 to $2000 dollars after the repairs are made. The dealership has already agreed to repair the car, so getting an attorney involved, at $300 bucks an hour, it's going to cost, unless the dealership has to cover your legal fees

It doesn't matter where you took it. They damaged the car and now they should fix it.

And if the estimate is 8200 that's a pretty hefty estimate. Makes me think the tech driving the car was doing something more than just driving the car on the lot.

do the math on the actual value of diminished value, I can't imagine that the diminished value amount would be more than $1500 to $2000 dollars after the repairs are made. The dealership has already agreed to repair the car, so getting an attorney involved, at $300 bucks an hour, it's going to cost, unless the dealership has to cover your legal fees

Agreed... It's not something I'd get an attorney involved in except as a last resort.

Maybe call Don Dare and get 6 on your side brother.......if you ever try to trade that car in you aint getting excellent condition value.

I would insist on an even up trade for the same model car -- go to the owner of the place and/or the loudmouth that does the commercials. They can always fix the car and use it for a loaner and it most likely gets a tax deduction

Had a new surburban fall off a rack one day at the Chevy dealer while it was getting an oil change. It was 3-4 months old.

Chevy had them go out on the lot and pick a new one out.

I'd be damned if I would let them out of this.

Really?

Searching for advice on this. Bought a car a couple of months ago and the wife was taking it to a closer dealership for it's very first oil change. On the way there, my wife noticed a slight miss when it was at idle and wanted to know if they could check it out. They decided to take it on a test run to find the issue and the mechanic wrecked the car in their own parking lot against a trailer of some kind. Not sure the details, but my car is scraped all the way down the side and gashed the wheel (not tire though). The scrape is deep enough that will require all parts to be replaced and one door is dented in.

The dealership has accepted responsibility but has only offered to fix the car. My problem is that I will now own a brand new car with a bad title that has certainly devalued my car by thousands even when fixed. I have called on several occasions to talk to the GM or owner but the best they can offer me is the service manager, who cannot get me anything approved over what they have already offered which I HAVE NOT ACCEPTED. They said the GM wouldn't be in until Friday and they never see the owner.

I guess my question is, what kind of advice would you give me?

Their garage keepers coverage will kick in and only repair the vehicle which by law is all they are required to do.

You can complain as much as you want but if they fixed the car with OEM parts they are done.

Also if you sue you are fighting their insurance company, not the dealership, so have fun...

Their garage keepers coverage will kick in and only repair the vehicle which by law is all they are required to do.

You can complain as much as you want but if they fixed the car with OEM parts they are done.

No

VN Store

Back