Deadpool

Reynolds has been for longer at least, his past few movies (most of them indy stuff or superhero/comic book movies ironically) simply haven't. He's still got enough to be first billing, especially a role like this. But if this movie bombs, not sure what he does from here except go back to romantic comedies.

And yes, Definitely, Maybe is one of the few rom coms I can stand to watch, partly because of Reynolds.

Ehh, not sure about RR being bankable longer. The Rock has been bankable pretty much since The Scorpion King (2002); RR didn't get hot until 2005 or so and that fizzled out in 2012

I don't think Ryan Reynolds was the reason Green Lantern was disappointing. I think it was the fact that there was no script ahead of time, an noncohesive story, and poorly written villains.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think Ryan Reynolds was the reason Green Lantern was disappointing. I think it was the fact that there was no script ahead of time, an noncohesive story, and poorly written villains.

It was fairly faithful to the comics ND personally I thought it was good enough for a sequel. But... They did try to cram too much in and the FX seemed rushed and over done.

The first movie would have been better if they had stayed primarily on earth and just dealt with one villian.

+1

Reynolds was actually the best part of that movie imo

It was fairly faithful to the comics ND personally I thought it was good enough for a sequel. But... They did try to cram too much in and the FX seemed rushed and over done.

The first movie would have been better if they had stayed primarily on earth and just dealt with one villian.

This was another complaint I saw a lot in reading the reviews of GL. A lot of people felt the scenes came across cartoonish.

+1

Reynolds was actually the best part of that movie imo

:good!:

Ehh, not sure about RR being bankable longer. The Rock has been bankable pretty much since The Scorpion King (2002); RR didn't get hot until 2005 or so and that fizzled out in 2012

Van Wilder was 2002 as well, and he was on some tv show.

Of course, we could say the Rock has been in the entertainment industry for a very long time if we consider wrestling.

Bruce Willis is always the same guy and nobody gives him **** for it. That's how you know you are CAF

Arnold. Stalone. essentially any action star really. And a lot of comedic stars even.

I have a feeling this film is going to bomb!

The more I have seen from the trailers I have decided I have no interest in seeing this film!

Out of the top 30 grossing films this year only 6 are Rated - R and the highest grossing is Fifty Shades of Grey and #16!

Just my opinion but when you look at the epic list of films scheduled for release in 2016, I would be shocked if this cracks the top 30!

The more I have seen from the trailers I have decided I have no interest in seeing this film!

Out of the top 30 grossing films this year only 6 are Rated - R and the highest grossing is Fifty Shades of Grey and #16!

Just my opinion but when you look at the epic list of films scheduled for release in 2016, I would be shocked if this cracks the top 30!

I think it's one that will have legs in home video. Kinda like 300 or Kickass.

I personally don't care for the character. Never understood his appeal quite honestly.

I think the trailers have gotten better and better. Looks like they will do a pretty good job at pulling this off correctly, and RR is perfect for this role.

So is the R what is turning you off toward it? Cause I think most Deadpool fans would be pretty pissed if it was PG13, I would be anyway.

You're the same guy who is excited about the TMNT sequel and yet you don't want to see this?

Reactions: 3 people
This movie looks like hot garbage. Some comic book characters won't translate well to the big screen at all, and this is probably one.

Comic book nerd growing up. Was out before Deadpool showed up in the Marvel Universe. Researching his character and looking at these trailers has me excited for the movie. Home run IMO.

VN Store

Back