Deadpool

What has he ever been in that's worth watching?

Not the same thing. He's getting regular top billing in major movies and an HBO show.

Reynolds was hot until he made The Green Lantern and hasn't has a top billing hit since, and mostly does straight to DVD movies since 2011.

Whether or not Johnson makes good movies or not is moot.

Also, if you like weird movies that don't make sense, Southland Tales is worth watching.

I just went through his entire filmography and can't find a single film worth watching.

That still has little to do with him being a bankable star; which was what started the conversation.

The Rock is bankable; Ryan Reynolds is not, at least at the moment.

Whut? I really don't your movie taste

I don't think it's a great movie but it was entertaining and there was literally nothing horrible about it.

It was pretty damn bad, 49% on RT says a lot of people agree. Marky Mark is always horrible BTW

Yeah i wouldn't expect critics to like it. 6.5 on imdb isn't too bad for this type of flick. I wouldn't even call it good but i thought it was entertaining.

It wasn't slow. It wasn't cliche. The acting wasn't bad. The Rock was funny. I like plots where people get in too deep and only have horrible options to choose from. The violence was sick and gritty and it was committed by non-violent regular joes.

I like The Rock..that being said literally 99% of his movies are terrible.

Except Doom, that was great!..

I love that the Deadpool thread has derailed to a thread about the Rock and he isn't even in the movie. LOL

Reactions: 1 person
Ryan Reynolds can totally pull off this role. Van Wilder is by far one of the better comedy movies, imo. Though by far the best Blade movie, Blade Trinity had some great moments because of Reynolds.

Ryan Reynolds can totally pull off this role. Van Wilder is by far one of the better comedy movies, imo. Though by far the best Blade movie, Blade Trinity had some great moments because of Reynolds.

But what about The Rock in the remake of Walking Tall?

That still has little to do with him being a bankable star; which was what started the conversation.

The Rock is bankable; Ryan Reynolds is not, at least at the moment.

Reynolds has been for longer at least, his past few movies (most of them indy stuff or superhero/comic book movies ironically) simply haven't. He's still got enough to be first billing, especially a role like this. But if this movie bombs, not sure what he does from here except go back to romantic comedies.

And yes, Definitely, Maybe is one of the few rom coms I can stand to watch, partly because of Reynolds.

VN Store

Back