DC To Erect 8-Foot Statue Of Crack-Head Democrat Mayor

You probably need to read up on how the Civil War started.

What details have I left out that would make what they did moral? They decided they didn't want the government telling them they couldn't own slaves so they declared themselves to be a sovereign territory? Does that really change anything?

Reactions: 1 person
What details have I left out that would make what they did moral? They decided they didn't want the government telling them they couldn't own slaves so they declared themselves to be a sovereign territory? Does that really change anything?

its not so much making what the south did moral. Its the white washing of the north's history to make what they did look moral that bothers me.

freeing the slaves didn't become a thing until 2 years into the war. by that point the north already controlled a couple slave owning states, yet they didn't disband the act of slavery until after Antietam.

even the move of stopping slavery was a political move to keep other nonslave owning nations out of the conflict.

Imagine you have a neighbor who owns slaves. The cops come into your neighborhood to take this guy out. Do you:
A) Stay out of it.
B) Help the cops.
C) Shoot at the cops.

what if its a religion that believes in the practice of slavery. how do we handle that?

Yet, you support sanctuary cities not wanting the government telling them what to do. Would you support secession for California?

so Christians in the US are at fault for the actions of Christians somewhere else who own slaves?

so Christians in the US are at fault for the actions of Christians somewhere else who own slaves?

Christians are part of the institution, however I would consider the ones who denounce such practices as not culpable, or far less culpable, than the hypothetical ones who are pro-slavery. I think there's still room to blame the doctrine upon which the institution is founded though.

Christians are part of the institution, however I would consider the ones who denounce such practices as not culpable, or far less culpable, than the hypothetical ones who are pro-slavery. I think there's still room to blame the doctrine upon which the institution is founded though.

Christianity was founded upon the doctrine of slavery? or are you saying Christianity founded slavery itself, either in this nation or ever?

funny considering the slaves and lower class were the first to switch over.

Christianity was founded upon the doctrine of slavery? or are you saying Christianity founded slavery itself, either in this nation or ever?

funny considering the slaves and lower class were the first to switch over.

What? No. Slavery was part of the doctrine. The Bible prescribes where to get slaves from and how to treat them.

Reactions: 2 people
What? No. Slavery was part of the doctrine. The Bible prescribes where to get slaves from and how to treat them.

I think you mean the Jews. I will let Slice defend his nation's actions. The Old Testament is a reference section for most of Christianity.

you might also want to start throwing stones (pun intended) at Islam and their active practices of slavery.

VN Store

Back