Davis or Deshields

Kendra is very trashy and immature. She had so much to say when SC lost, now she wants to talk smack. I really don't care much for the Davis family after the whole recruitment and lies about why she stayed close to home but ended up transferring to South Carolina.

Reactions: 4 people
Simple.

Who would you take in the WNBA draft if you had to. Choose between Diamond or Kaela.

Diamond hands down. Case closed!

Diamond has that eye of the tiger during points in the game that I just love. Like she just takes her game to another level.

Reactions: 3 people
And that quote is completely wrong on their part anyway. Kaela has *not* been doing this her whole life. Kaela's main downfall most of her career is her mentality. She likes to blend in far too much given her talent level. Kendra moved Kaela to Buford because she couldn't handle the fact that Diamond was getting the spotlight over Kaela. Kaela went to Buford -- a much smaller school -- and had a decent career but never flourished. Diamond flourished into the NPOY and the clearly better player by the time they graduated HS and entered college. Ironically the move helped Diamond much more than it did Kaela. Kendra has always been jealous of Kaela not being the star. She went to three different high schools and has gone to two different colleges.

Regardless, good for her for stepping up with Coates out, if for nothing else than the sake of Dawn not having to hear Kendra in her ear whining. -- She was throwing major shade at SC's staff after they lost to Tennessee. But it's easier to flourish when you have a first team AA teammate in Wilson taking up most of the defense's attention, not to mention a proven scorer in Alisha Gray on your team. She has, by far, the better supporting cast in terms of scoring. Give me Wilson and Gray over Russell and Nared anyday. TBH, there is zero reason she shouldn't have been performing like this from day 1 for SC.

Norcross and Buford......what was the third?

norcross and buford......what was the third?

Greater Atlanta Christian.

That may have been middle school, though. I honestly can't remember if she spent her freshman year there now or not. She's been to so many schools it's hard to keep track.

And of course in the end she quit Buford, even though it was made out to be a lie about it being over vertigo -- even though she was healthy enough to play in the McDonalds AA game, and it hasn't affected her since. :whistling:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Greater Atlanta Christian.

That may have been middle school, though. I honestly can't remember if she spent her freshman year there now or not. She's been to so many schools it's hard to keep track.

And of course in the end she quit Buford, even though it was made out to be a lie about it being over vertigo -- even though she was healthy enough to play in the McDonalds AA game, and it hasn't affected her since. :whistling:

What did the Buford coach say about THAT?

Davis or DeShields.....does it really matter? There is not a National Championship between the two of them.

The WNBA draft is soon to come, is there any word on DeShields?

Is there some sort of cut off day?

Like everyone else I'm really anxious as to what her decision is.

Imagine if she came back...our starting 5..would be awesome!

DD was a great player at NC. What happen to her. Maybe coaching?

She shot 43%, 28% from 3 at UNC. She improved her 3 point shooting here to 34%, while still only shooting 43% overall (which means slightly worse on 2s). She averaged one more rebound and one more assist this year than at UNC while playing 7 more minutes per game. Essentially, she was the same player there as here (i.e. talented but inconsistent in both production and effort).

Reactions: 1 person
There isn't one player I would take over diamond in the country. If she played at uconn, Stanford or notre dame with better coaching she would easily be considered the best player in the country. There's a reason she is projected the #1 pick & the other "20 players across the country" aren't.

If she played at any of those schools, her butt would be on the bench way more often because of her inconsistent effort combined with her sometimes pouty attitude. None of those coaches would put up with that stuff. And Pat wouldn't have either. "There's a reason why" she didn't even make honorable mention all-american.

The WNBA draft is soon to come, is there any word on DeShields?

Is there some sort of cut off day?

Like everyone else I'm really anxious as to what her decision is.

Imagine if she came back...our starting 5..would be awesome!

I think I saw somewhere she has to decide by April 4th. I could have dreamed that though!

She shot 43%, 28% from 3 at UNC. She improved her 3 point shooting here to 34%, while still only shooting 43% overall (which means slightly worse on 2s). She averaged one more rebound and one more assist this year than at UNC while playing 7 more minutes per game. Essentially, she was the same player there as here (i.e. talented but inconsistent in both production and effort).

There have been multiple posts over the past two seasons pointing out that Diamond's stats at TN aren't significantly different than they were at UNC. Yet the perception persists that she was great at UNC and not so great at TN.

My own answer to this seeming contradiction lies in the fact that UNC had slightly better won/loss records with Diamond than did TN, Diamond was National freshman of the year at UNC while not garnering any equivalent award at TN, and most important in my mind was the presence of better guards at UNC than at TN. Couple all that with the disappointing seasons TN has had and that leads many to believe she was something more at UNC than she has been at TN.

Last edited:
There have been multiple posts over the past two seasons pointing out that Diamond's stats at TN aren't significantly different than they were at UNC. Yet the perception persists that she was great at UNC and not so great at TN.

My own answer to this seeming contradiction lies in the fact that UNC had slightly better won/loss records with Diamond than did TN, Diamond was National freshman of the year at UNC while not garnering any equivalent award at TN, and most important in my mind was the presence of better guards at UNC than at TN. Couple all that with the disappointing seasons TN has had and that leads many to believe she was something more at UNC than she has been at TN.

She also played the UNC run & gun which she obviously prefers. Hard to play that when you are waiting for your posts to get down the floor or anyone else for that matter.

I would take DD over what's her name just because it's apparent Diamond wants to be great and works hard she just needs a little guidance. I cannot think of the former GTech player's name for the life of me right now but I am pretty sure I have never seen her with a drop of sweat on her and that concerns me a bit. Plus for most of the season she was pretty bad. She was good for the first week of the season and so far for the last week.

Where were you from December til February?

I think she has three days after the championship game to decide, so she would need to declare by April 5th.

I've seen rumors on other boards that Diamond is leaning towards returning for her final year of eligibility. Nothing official yet though.

I've seen rumors on other boards that Diamond is leaning towards returning for her final year of eligibility. Nothing official yet though.

That's what some former players think-- that she wants to help the LVs win the SEC next year.

Davis or Deshields! Both are good players. I'd take Deshields in heartbeat over Davis though. Another question because I think it matters as far as both players play on the court......Warlick or Staley?:compute:

Diamond is a projected #1 WNBA draft pick. Davis isn't even the best or second best player on her team. So, no contest IMO.

I think she has three days after the championship game to decide, so she would need to declare by April 5th.

I doublechecked and here's the WNBA rule: a player must declare for the draft ten calendar days before the draft or 24 hours after her last game. So Diamond will have to decide by April 3rd.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back