David Letterman: A Mean Guy

It is funny all the love the media is giving Letterman on his way out. I remember way back during his first couple of years he was pretty funny. But, his last ten years especially he has just been crass.
Kinda rude, crude, and insensitive to boot.

Leno was a comedian. Letterman was a con. He had good writers. I was never a Letterman fan and I like Leno. Fallon has all of them beat.

Reactions: 1 person
Years ago in his very early days he was very funny. I know some of you youngsters never got the chance to experience.

Does anyone remember the show when Jerry Lawler slapped Andy Kauffman out of his chair on live TV? That was a big deal back in the day. Kauffman was bleeped about 25 times during his live rant......funny stuff.

Again, not talking about ratings. I'm talking about respect of his peers.

Or did you forget how guys like Jimmy Kimmel completely skewered Leno, to his face?

You mean peers like Robin Williams?

I have never watched Jimmy Kimmel before so I missed it. Darn. Sounded like must watch tv

Last edited:
I used to enjoy Letterman at one time. However, over the past 5+ years every time I tuned in he was spewing some left wing political opinions when he had guests on. He also fawned over Obama quite frequently. I don't watch late night TV to hear about political opinions. Conan was 10x more funny and Fallon crushes Letterman as well.

Reactions: 2 people
You mean peers like Robin Williams?

I have never watched Jimmy Kimmel before so I missed it. Darn. Sounded like must watch tv

You are an ass on this board for no reason constantly.

Personally, I think Kimmel & Fallon are better than both, but I use to watch Letterman in my youth. I just outgrew the show.

Reactions: 6 people
I used to enjoy Letterman at one time. However, over the past 5+ years every time I tuned in he was spewing some left wing political opinions when he had guests on. He also fawned over Obama quite frequently. I don't watch late night TV to hear about political opinions. Conan was 10x more funny and Fallon crushes Letterman as well.

+1:good!:

You are an ass on this board for no reason constantly.

Personally, I think Kimmel & Fallon are better than both, but I use to watch Letterman in my youth. I just outgrew the show.

Sorry we don't share the same heroes. I've never watched either and clearly I'm missing out.

I'm 65, and I must have missed their primes too, if that's when they were funny.

fee.gif

You guys are fighting over who you think is or isn't funny? I think you're missing the point of laughter..

Leno's newspaper clips were pretty funny, but that's about it (and people mailed them in so its not like he had to be creative).

I know he didn't kiss Obama's ass like ole Letterman did, also Leno kicked his ass in the ratings consistently. When Dave went super libtard back in the late nineties he lost a good portion of his audience. **** him. Good riddance, maybe now he'll find time to mix in some dental work.😝

Tell us how you really feel.

VN Store

Back