Dave Doeren discussion [NC State head coach] (merged)

Just heard Paul Finebaum tell a caller that Currie is in NC or someone from the university talking to him...take it for what's it's worth but GOD I hope NOT!!!!:realmad:

Names being floated now include Clawson and Fedora as other possible candidates Currie talked with in North Carolina.

Thoughts on either as being better/worse/the same?

Let's just kill this program and start over if that's where we are at.

I thought Les Miles said he was willing to listen. Kiffin is apparently. Why can't our admin function even at a half competent level???

Reactions: 1 person
I was just told that the Dave Doeren hire could be announced as early as tomorrow. What an f'ing cluster. The most maddening part about this is Currie was given a solid list of coaches to target, absorbed the information, and the whole search process was hijacked. Until Haslam, Manning, and Fulmer lose their influence, it's going to be a sh..show of epic proportion.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
NC State Wolfpack (Atlantic Coast Conference) (2013–present)
2013 NC State 3–9 0–8 7th (Atlantic)
2014 NC State 8–5 3–5 5th (Atlantic) W St. Petersburg
2015 NC State 7–6 3–5 4th (Atlantic) L Belk
2016 NC State 7–6 3–5 T–4th (Atlantic) W Independence
2017 NC State 8–4 6–2 2nd (Atlantic)
NC State: 33–30 15–25
Total: 56–34

based on??

His record of getting fired coaching 4 and 5 starts at USC?

His record of 7-6 at UT?

His abortion of a record in the NFL?

Too many of you guys are more worried about winning a press conference or twitter war of words than what a guy actually has done. I also think some of you may think he's just too cute to not bring back.

Either way he has sucked as a head coach outside of Conference USA and is an embarrassment to boot.

He took USC job when they were on probation with only 15 scholarships to offer per year for three years. So after 3 years hes down 30 scholarship players to everyone else. Not exactly loaded with players. Few if any coaches could survive that.

NC State Wolfpack (Atlantic Coast Conference) (2013–present)
2013 NC State 3–9 0–8 7th (Atlantic)
2014 NC State 8–5 3–5 5th (Atlantic) W St. Petersburg
2015 NC State 7–6 3–5 4th (Atlantic) L Belk
2016 NC State 7–6 3–5 T–4th (Atlantic) W Independence
2017 NC State 8–4 6–2 2nd (Atlantic)
NC State: 33–30 15–25
Total: 56–34

Believe that is a better record than Butch's, many want to learn some math.

I was just told that the Dave Doeren hire could be announced as early as tomorrow. What an f'ing cluster. The most maddening part about this is Currie was given a solid list of coaches to target, absorbed the information, and the whole search process was hijacked. Until Haslam, Manning, and Fulmer lose their influence, it's going to be a sh.. show of epic proportion.

If that turns out to be true I will become the most casual fan.

ABSOLUTE NO!!!!!!! To Dave Doeren. Underwhelming. I would take Les Miles, Kevin Sumlin, Phillip Fulmer, Tommy Tuberville or Norvell. None of these are very exciting but Doeren??????? That hurts!!! Man I'm aggravated with this crap!

If we choose Doeren over Tee Martin, I'm going to be livid. Doeren's a known commodity...and what we do know is that he's thoroughly mediocre.

For goodness sake!!!!!!!! Make a good coach an offer they can't refuse!!!!!! I'm losing it!!!!!!!!! Just needed to vent! Thanks for the outlet.

This is a F'n disaster. Damn bring Phil back. If we gonna lose at least do it with someone who bleeds orange

VN Store

Back