Dave clawson must go!!!!!

We did average about 33 points a game last year and it's 18 a game this year

so we had a significant drop off
33 points a game this year and we would be undefeated

yeah cutcliffe was our OC last year and we still managed to get killed by Florida and Bama. We lost to Cal, barley managed to beat KY and Vandy. Also lost to LSU. I am not saying our offense is good beacause their not. The problems go beyond the OC.

yeah cutcliffe was our OC last year and we still managed to get killed by Florida and Bama. We lost to Cal, barley managed to beat KY and Vandy. Also lost to LSU. I am not saying our offense is good beacause their not. The problems go beyond the OC.

yea
the last time we were in Athens we hung 50 on GA, and regardless of the score KY and Vandy were wins last
year,

Clawson's our OC this year and were not winning the close one's

yea
the last time we were in Athens we hung 50 on GA, and regardless of the score KY and Vandy were wins last
year,

Clawson's our OC this year and were not winning the close one's

Your right we arent winning the close ones. The OC does deserve part of the blame but not the majority of it.

Cutcliffe had he share of problems and he had been with us a lot longer than clawson. Our offense was better last year. Ainge pulled out some wins for us. the defense wasnt great. For some reason we cant get the offense and defense to play great in the same year.

Seriously,i have a feeling it is the coordinator,u cant bring a division 3 or 4 college coach from richmond to coach the sec conference.

If you have watched the games so far you would see that we have had open receivers all over the field, Crompton just couldn't get them the ball.

Fulmer should, by no means get the pass on this. He hired the guy in the first place, remember. But lack of execution directly relates to a lack of preparedness, and that falls primarily on the coach. It's his job to prepare them.

And Clawson shouldn't get a pass because "we are still learning a new offense" He's had all Spring, Fall practice, scrimmages, and 5 games to install his offense. That's plenty of time. Ask Jim McElwain.

At some point, you have to think firing the OC will not be enough for Fulmer to keep his job. And if MH is seriously considering firing Fulmer, he will likely tell Phil to keep him on, and simply let the entire coaching staff go.

If you have watched the games so far you would see that we have had open receivers all over the field, Crompton just couldn't get them the ball.

Who is Crompton's position coach? Who is his offensive coordinator? Whose job is it to ensure that Crompton is making his reads and using the correct stance, plant and throw when delivering the football? Look at Ainge pre-Cutcliffe and then with Cutcliffe as a teacher and say it doesn't matter who the coach is.

Who is Crompton's position coach? Who is his offensive coordinator? Whose job is it to ensure that Crompton is making his reads and using the correct stance, plant and throw when delivering the football? Look at Ainge pre-Cutcliffe and then with Cutcliffe as a teacher and say it doesn't matter who the coach is.

Perhaps Crompton really is as bad as many claim.

He's no Peyton Manning. And he is bad. He's played terribly. But who's to say Cut couldn't have done something with him, although the rumor when he left was that Cut would have started Stephens over Crompton. Perhaps there was some truth to that after all.

Too much on the job training for the offensive coordinators at UT. Neither Randy Sanders or Clawson were ready for the SEC IMO.

In hindsight, the starter coming out of fall practice should have been Stephens instead of Crompton.

I don't know if they don't do enough live scrimmaging in practice but Crompton had some weaknesses that the coaching staff didn't consider when they named him the starter. Big mistake.

Last edited:

Cutcliffe did provide discipline(Fulmer doesn't), but his playcalling is mediocre. Also, if you don't think this starts and end with Fulmer you haven't watched UT football for the last 10 years.

He's no Peyton Manning. And he is bad. He's played terribly. But who's to say Cut couldn't have done something with him, although the rumor when he left was that Cut would have started Stephens over Crompton. Perhaps there was some truth to that after all.

There is. Cut knew JC wasn't a capable SEC QB.

On the discipline issue, I thought it was a positive step that the Vols had no arrests/issues following Colquitt's bonanza back in February. However, the relative lack of off the field antics doesn't seem to have translated into the team working together as a cohesive unit.

The whole situation is just conjecture, but I really do think that Clawson has been handed a raw deal this season and I think the man has more to offer than has been shown on the field thus far. I've said this before on another thread, but if he truly is being micromanaged, I would get out of Dodge at the end of the season. Football is his livelihood - I wouldn't want to see his career as a coach anywhere in question due to HC Dr. Strangelove.

Too much on the job training for the offensive coordinators at UT. Neither Randy Sanders or Clawson were ready for the SEC IMO.

I never really was a fan of Randy Sanders, but looking back, i realize he was pretty much a scapegoat for Fulmer following the the 2005 season. Perhaps he was not as bad as it seemed.

Fulmer is a cancer to UT Football.

Have you watched JC play? Claiming that is Clawson's fault is one of the most ridiculous things I've read on this site. And that is saying something. If the player is no capable then there is nothing the QB coach can do. So if Clawson could not turn me into a solid SEC QB that would mean he was not capable? Cutcliffe could not even turn JC into a capable SEC QB and that is one reason why he really wanted to leave. JC's play is not Clawson's fault. I mean, Clawson is the QB coach of Stephens. Did he play anything like JC had been playing?

He's been handcuffed, the recruits L.Scott is bringing in is enough to give him a couple yrs

OMG, When will these idiotic "Vols" fans stop???? First it was "Crompton you suck, Crompton has to go!" "Then it is Arian Foster you suck, Arian has to go!" "Then it was Fulmer you suck, Fulmer has to go!" Now its " "Clawson you suck, Clawson must go!" The real tennessee fans are tired of hearing all this garbage! JUST SHUT THE HELL UP AND STAND BEHIND YOUR TEAM!!!!

I see fulmer staying around two to three years with clawson's offense starting to click with the right recruiting. fulmer is out due to health reasons clawson steps in beats florida, Georgia and Alabama during his stint as hc. fulmer comes back we lose to Mississippi state and Kentucky. fulmer gets fired clawson gets head coach.

remember what happened to Johnny Majors

Last edited:
I'm certain you're right.

You just thew Clawson under the bus cause JC sucks and now you're agreeing that Cut didn't play JC because he sucks. That means JC sucked before Clawson got here. So how could it be Clawson's fault. Make up your mind!

You just thew Clawson under the bus cause JC sucks and now you're agreeing that Cut didn't play JC because he sucks. That means JC sucked before Clawson got here. So how could it be Clawson's fault. Make up your mind!

Well in a way it is Clawsons fault because he started him over Stephens. Its Clawson job as the OC to know who is the best QB on the field.

Come on guys....this isn't Clawson's fault. Fulmer didn't want to continue to use JC and he got trumped by Fulmer. You can't blame fumble after fumble on the man. He isn't being allowed to do what he was hired for. Fulmer is trying to control everything too much. You hire a guy to do a job, let him do it

Come on guys....this isn't Clawson's fault. Fulmer didn't want to continue to use JC and he got trumped by Fulmer. You can't blame fumble after fumble on the man. He isn't being allowed to do what he was hired for. Fulmer is trying to control everything too much. You hire a guy to do a job, let him do it

Now if thats true then its not his fault, I wouldn't put anything past Foolmer. He doesnt care about our school, he only cares about passing Neyland's all time win record. If Fulmer cared about UT he would retire, this man knows he cant cut it anymore.

VN Store

Back