Daniel Hood says defense not a Sunseri year

No, I don't think Butch can win a conference road game of consequence. How many conference road games of consequence did he win last year with a pretty good roster? 1, at UGA?

You suffer from the common malady of self-contradiction.

"I don't believe he can win a road game of consequence. He won one last year."

LOL

Reactions: 2 people
You didn't respond to my question but I can see your narrative now.

If we lose Saturday it's fahr Butch Florida sucks.

If we win Saturday it's Florida sucks and we should have won.

You know, everyone keeps saying this Fahr Butch stuff to discredit arguments. I really dont see alot of Fahr Butch thread or even people really saying it. Sure there is the occasional knee jerk reaction to a game or something, but i really dont see many people saying he should be fired right now.
I do see alot of threads saying our defense is good and if you dont think it is you dont know anything about football. And in response to those opinions that prove our d is bad, i see alot of so its just fahr butch responses.

Reactions: 2 people
You know, everyone keeps saying this Fahr Butch stuff to discredit arguments. I really dont see alot of Fahr Butch thread or even people really saying it. Sure there is the occasional knee jerk reaction to a game or something, but i really dont see many people saying he should be fired right now.
I do see alot of threads saying our defense is good and if you dont think it is you dont know anything about football. And in response to those opinions that prove our d is bad, i see alot of so its just fahr butch responses.

You don't see everyone down on Butch and naming replacements while were 2-0? What site you looking at?

Reactions: 4 people
I don't think Butch can do it

So you think he would have overachieved if he loses to every team with equal or greater talent but just doesn't lose to those with less talent?

9-3 should be the baseline for this team. That's beating all of the less talented opponents, losing to Bama, and winning one out of 3 against teams with similar talent.

It is pathetic how tolerant we've become of subpar performance

Every year I've said something like this to myself and only once in the last 15 years have the Vols won. No offense, but they could s..t the bed against Carson Newman and UT-Martin and then play us like National Champions.

No offense taken, you're right. But we're Tennessee fans, so common sense and reality often go out the window the closer it gets to game time. And what the heck, the Cubs won the World Series last year, maybe there are more miracles on the horizon.

But then he lost the 2 on the road that would have taken this team to Atlanta and then to New Orleans

This isn't hard. You can't logically say that you believe CBJ incapable of doing something while simultaneously giving an example of his having done it.

This isn't hard. You can't logically say that you believe CBJ incapable of doing something while simultaneously giving an example of his having done it.

Not like it's the first time that's happened on VN. Sometimes you just have to cruise on past the post with a headshake.

Oh look, it's 2016 again.

That's Jones' label until he does something to change it. It is NOT unfair to criticize him for failing to take the East when it was right there in front of him with only the 2 least talented teams in the SEC standing in his way.

You don't see everyone down on Butch and naming replacements while were 2-0? What site you looking at?

One thread saying if CBJ doesnt get it done...

Again i think at of people are like me. They have lost faith in CBJ, and he has given plenty of reason. But most are willing to ride out the year to give him a shot to put it all together.

Sure there are a couple that would like to see him fired, but not enough for folks like you to discredit every criticism of him with "Fahr Butch."

The offense, nor defense, have changed a damn thing.
Stop with this "hiding" from Florida nonsense.

... You most likely forgot to name some coach who'd reveal to a major opponent his team's best schemes and formations, etc. Huh? Go figure. And, boy. Thanks for pointing out the fact that Butch is "hiding" from the gayduhs....

I believe Doberman is stating what my sentiments are. We heard the same last year game after game; "They're playing vanilla, not showing their hand, don't want to give away too much, ...." and then saw the exact same stuff over and over. That is what I believe he also meant by "hiding" from Florida. I don't think he meant Butch was hiding from Florida, but; rather some fans saying or implying we're hiding our plays, schemes, alignments, etc. from Florida when that just didn't seem to pan out last year. Then again, I could be completely wrong and way off base. JMO, :unsure:

Reactions: 1 person
I don't agree with him about whether or not we are good or bad. Our D is not good. Mediocre is a fair assessment at this point.

pre season most picked us to lose this game...it's just an assumption that FL will beat TN.

and maybe that's part of my problem every year when this week shows up.

i can't differentiate "bad florida" from just "florida". they win this game a WHOLE lot more than they lose it, and it hasn't mattered a whole lot who the coaches are, which team is better etc...we lost to the worst FL team in two decades a couple years ago....at home.

and i'm likely going to be one of those that is never surprised when we lose. and i won't be this year if we lose. but i'll also understand that this was a totally winnable game, basically set up for us to go win. situationally, there's never been a match up between us where they've had this much distraction and adversity and questions coming in.

and if we win, i'll likely celebrate it more than it's probably deserved...simply because it's Florida; in my adult life w's just haven't been a thing of regularity.

battered vol...yeah probably. i own it.

pre season most picked us to lose this game...it's just an assumption that FL will beat TN.

and maybe that's part of my problem every year when this week shows up.

i can't differentiate "bad florida" from just "florida". they win this game a WHOLE lot more than they lose it, and it hasn't mattered a whole lot who the coaches are, which team is better etc...we lost to the worst FL team in two decades a couple years ago....at home.

and i'm likely going to be one of those that is never surprised when we lose. and i won't be this year if we lose. but i'll also understand that this was a totally winnable game, basically set up for us to go win. situationally, there's never been a match up between us where they've had this much distraction and adversity and questions coming in.

and if we win, i'll likely celebrate it more than it's probably deserved...simply because it's Florida; in my adult life w's just haven't been a thing of regularity.

battered vol...yeah probably. i own it.

Its understandable, mainly because bad UF has beaten bad UT more often than not. And that has been just the last few years.

I believe Doberman is stating what my sentiments are. We heard the same last year game after game; "They're playing vanilla, not showing their hand, don't want to give away too much, ...." and then saw the exact same stuff over and over. That is what I believe he also meant by "hiding" from Florida. I don't think he meant Butch was hiding from Florida, but; rather some fans saying or implying we're hiding our plays, schemes, alignments, etc. from Florida when that just didn't seem to pan out last year. Then again, I could be completely wrong and way off base. JMO, :unsure:

You are correct, sir.

The odd thing, reading your post, I would assume we lost to Florida last year. Something worked because we scored 38 and stopped them from scoring in that time.

The odd thing, reading your post, I would assume we lost to Florida last year. Something worked because we scored 38 and stopped them from scoring in that time.
Not really.
I mean we won our first games last season also, just didn't look really good doing it. Quite a few posters talked about the "hiding the playbook" tactic and I didn't notice anything groundbreaking as the season progressed. The start/first half of the Florida game didn't look too promising and I don't recall any major changes in the game-plan between the halves other than the players started clicking. I'm not an X & O type of guy and could be way off, that's just the way it looked and went down to me.

I'm not bailing until.. ever because i'm a VFL. Real fans stick with their team thick and thin. You ain't gotta be happy with losing but you still support your team through the dark times.

I am and always be a fan of the Vol's, the Lakers...

I was with you right up to that point. Old Celtics fan here. :nono:

VN Store

Back