Dan Mullen sticking it to Gators

sorry my southern slang is too much for u. doesnt mean im a racist tho. oh, and i stopped pretending yrs ago..

Southern slang and grammatical structure are two completely different things. But it doesn't hide the fact of how racist your comment was.

if i said, "its so easy that doolittle can coach it". is that racist too? or maybe its YOU thats racist....

Nothing in the above group of words makes any sense, even when I insert proper grammatical structure. But, hey man, congrats on defending yourself.

Am I the only one that finds it hilarious this started as a bash Florida thread and ended up a Dooley argument?

He's well respected in Dallas. And look how good his position players are doing as further proof.

Do you think, as the WR coach, he is game planning Xs and Os, or teaching already very talented WRs position technique?

Come one man...

Do you think, as the WR coach, he is game planning Xs and Os, or teaching already very talented WRs position technique?

Come one man...

Do you really think it's possible to not grasp Xs and Os and still teach WRs what to do?

Come ON man. Seriously. It's like everyone is trying to out-dumb the last wannabe Dooley basher.

Do you really think it's possible to not grasp Xs and Os and still teach WRs what to do?

Come ON man. Seriously. It's like everyone is trying to out-dumb the last wannabe Dooley basher.

Let me be very specific about my point. The statement "very respected as an Xes and Os coach" is very misleading if you are making it, and then referencing his accomplishments as a position coach to validate it.

That was dumb. That was tremendously dumb. Perhaps he will get a coordinator gig... Or HC gig... and totally redeem himself. But coaching WRs well in no form or fashion shows that he is "very respected as an Xes and Os guy".

Reactions: 1 person
Let me be very specific about my point. The statement "very respected as an Xes and Os coach" is very misleading if you are making it, and then referencing his accomplishments as a position coach to validate it.

That was dumb. That was tremendously dumb. Perhaps he will get a coordinator gig... Or HC gig... and totally redeem himself. But coaching WRs well in no form or fashion shows that he is "very respected as an Xes and Os guy".

You didn't accomplish anything here. To pretend like he's not proving himself with how well he's doing right now isn't just dumb. It isn't just naive, it's completely foolish. Yea, he sucked as our HC, but he's proven as an offensive commodity. He doesn't have to be a HC or even OC to prove he is great with Xs and Os.

You didn't accomplish anything here.

I'm also not claiming respect as an Xes and Os guy either, so that was a bit of a misguided comment.

To pretend like he's not proving himself with how well he's doing right now isn't just dumb. It isn't just naive, it's completely foolish. Yea, he sucked as our HC, but he's proven as an offensive commodity. He doesn't have to be a HC or even OC to prove he is great with Xs and Os.

I'm not pretending he's not proving himself with what he's doing now. He's proving himself as a good position coach. He proved that when he was with Saban too.

Just so we don't speak past one another, please define "an Xes and Os coach". You are saying that "position coach" == "Xes and Os coach"? If so, we'll just agree that vocabulary got in the way.

He has always been a good assistant/position coach. He hasn't proven anything above that. I wish him great success in the future, but all he's proving now is what we already knew about him. He's a good position coach.

I'm also not claiming respect as an Xes and Os guy either, so that was a bit of a misguided comment.

I'm not pretending he's not proving himself with what he's doing now. He's proving himself as a good position coach. He proved that when he was with Saban too.

Just so we don't speak past one another, please define "an Xes and Os coach". You are saying that "position coach" == "Xes and Os coach"? If so, we'll just agree that vocabulary got in the way.

He has always been a good assistant/position coach. He hasn't proven anything above that. I wish him great success in the future, but all he's proving now is what we already knew about him. He's a good position coach.

To be able to be a good position coach, understanding Xs and Os is vital. Your pretending it doesn't matter is just comical. Dooley clearly understands how to break down schemes, plays and formations. He just doesn't know how to lead from the front. There's really nothing more to explain.

The Dallas WR unit wasn't good at all two seasons ago. They had the talent and potential, but couldn't live up to the hype.

Seriously? Bryant was #6, Witten was #20 and Austin was ranked #25 in the NFL in 2012. Dooley hasn't done anything for the Cowboys.

He's well respected in Dallas. And look how good his position players are doing as further proof.

Pipebomb

cm_punk_drop_the_mic_by_paynexkiller-d46psqv.gif

VN Store

Back