Dan Mullen sticking it to Gators

The Dallas WR unit wasn't good at all two seasons ago. They had the talent and potential, but couldn't live up to the hype.

I'd say the improvement is more related to Dallas finally drafting and signing a decent o line and being able to establish a running game. Romo doesn't have to throw 50x game and scramble for his life. Dez and Witten will make any coach look good if the offense is balanced.

I'd say the improvement is more related to Dallas finally drafting and signing a decent o line and being able to establish a running game. Romo doesn't have to throw 50x game and scramble for his life. Dez and Witten will make any coach look good if the offense is balanced.

Dooley is getting credit whether you like it or not. And there were articles last year where Dez was very appreciative of him as well.

Broaddus: Williams Catch, Defense Among 12 Thoughts | Dallas Cowboys

So despite the fact that the coaches, Romo and Jones spoke at length for a few years about poor fundamentals and route running by the receivers before Dooley showed up, we're never ever going to admit Dooley has done good, even if everyone across the country is giving him credit. Nope, Vols fans don't have issues or hold ridiculous grudges at all.

Last edited:
So despite the fact that the coaches and Jones spoke at length for a few years about poor fundamentals and route running by the receivers before Dooley showed up, we're never ever going to admit Dooley has done good, even if everyone across the country is giving him credit. Nope, Vols fans don't have issues or hold ridiculous grudges at all.

Yeah... Not a former member of the debate team, I take it.

Citing quotes from Jones on any football related topic as an advantage, is really a disadvantage.

Nothing personal towards Bill.

I actually love Bill.

Also, go Old Dominion vs. Vandy.

Yeah... Not a former member of the debate team, I take it.

Citing quotes from Jones on any football related topic as an advantage, is really a disadvantages.

Yea. He's only won three Super Bowls and his team just went and won IN Seattle. Get real man.

And now you're citing the brilliance of Dez Bryant.

Romo was never that bad.

Anyone who believes Jerry Jones and Derek Dooley are the reason for success... I'm bowing out. I can't have this conversation.

Have you seen Dez Bryant?

So you are actually going to credit Jason Garrett Top? Pardon me while I laugh until Monday.

Yea. He's only won three Super Bowls and his team just went and won IN Seattle. Get real man.

As a life long cowboys fan, I give the credit for the sb wins to Jimmy Johnson and Sundays win to Jerry for getting his ego out of the way and letting Garrett and the GM do their job by spending money on an o line

So Dools showed Dez how to use a blocking sled. Nice. I stand corrected. Hall of fame coaching right there

You can make fun if you want but does not hold water. Cowboy's WR blocking this year is one of the main reasons DeMarco Murray is leading the league in rushing. They had a segment about that on ESPN recently.

As a life long cowboys fan, I give the credit for the sb wins to Jimmy Johnson and Sundays win to Jerry for getting his ego out of the way and letting Garrett and the GM do their job by spending money on an o line

This is hilarious. On the level of valid Victorian and pocket presents hilarious. And I bet you have no idea why.

Stick to running. Reading isn't your forte.

I read it. Highlight the part I missed where Dez talked about how Dooley helped him be a better route runner or be a better pass receiver with his hands. Dez is having a good year. Of course he's going to say he likes working with Dooley.

I'm not saying Dooley is the worst coach ever but let's not act like he's a genius either. Dez was already a top 5-10 receiver in the league before Dooley showed up. It's not like he was a b level player who got transformed into a pro bowler. Dez could make a lot of coaches look good.

I read it. Highlight the part I missed where Dez talked about how Dooley helped him be a better route runner or be a better pass receiver with his hands. Dez is having a good year. Of course he's going to say he likes working with Dooley.

I'm not saying Dooley is the worst coach ever but let's not act like he's a genius either. Dez was already a top 5-10 receiver in the league before Dooley showed up. It's not like he was a b level player who got transformed into a pro bowler. Dez could make a lot of coaches look good.

Well for starters, Dez has said it repeatedly since Dooley showed up. And Dez's improvements in all facets since Dooley showed up can't be ignored. But go ahead and be stubborn. I'm much more interested in you responding to the idiocy of your other post.

You can make fun if you want but does not hold water. Cowboy's WR blocking this year is one of the main reasons DeMarco Murray is leading the league in rushing. They had a segment about that on ESPN recently.

Not saying it isn't important and good for the WRs for responding to the coaching. I'm just not sold that Dooley is teaching some great blocking technique more than a commitment from the players to improve.

Part of me does find it ironic that we're arguing Dooleys effect on improved blocking juxtaposed to the current state of UTs blocking.

Well for starters, Dez has said it repeatedly since Dooley showed up. And Dez's improvements in all facets since Dooley showed up can't be ignored. But go ahead and be stubborn. I'm much more interested in you responding to the idiocy of your other post.

Sorry shoulda said director of player personnel instead of GM. Forgot that Jerry loves that title even though he's slowly becoming the new Al Davis.

Sorry shoulda said director of player personnel instead of GM. Forgot that Jerry loves that title even though he's slowly becoming the new Al Davis.

Stephen Jones is nothing more than a yes man to daddy. Try again.

He's well respected in Dallas. And look how good his position players are doing as further proof.

Dooley would be an offensive coordinator somewhere if he were respected for his X's and O's knowledge. I will give him credit though it seems his WR group has improved at Dallas and WR was never an issue in his time here at UT. You can attribute that to a lot of different thing but Dooley at least gets some measure of credit there.

thats got to be a fabricated quote by Dez. half of those words arent even in his vocabulary...

So you want to pretend like Dez Bryant is stupid, yet you can't even get proper grammatical structure into your post. Brilliant. Racist, but brilliant.

So you want to pretend like Dez Bryant is stupid, yet you can't even get proper grammatical structure into your post. Brilliant. Racist, but brilliant.

sorry my southern slang is too much for u. doesnt mean im a racist tho. oh, and i stopped pretending yrs ago..

VN Store

Back