Da Reds thread

Farewell video attached to the link. Table for one turned into quite the classy guy through the years. They plan to have a special day for him down the road.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
One of my sons just texted me this - If Pete Rose unretired and got 750 straight hits - without making an out - Tony Gwynn would still have a higher career BA. Wow, that's mind blowing

One of my sons just texted me this - If Pete Rose unretired and got 750 straight hits - without making an out - Tony Gwynn would still have a higher career BA. Wow, that's mind blowing

That's true. Guys had different kinds of careers. If Pete had retired when Gwynn did (at age 41) his batting avg wouldn't have slipped. He played off and on till he was 45

Then there's this:

If Tony Gwynn had gotten another 1000 hits, he'd still be short of Pete

Good adds to the pitching staff yesterday. Encouraging.

The Martinez move is potentially as a starter. Can always go to the pen as needed.

Using the two year deal with player opt out in the second type contracts. That tells me Krall has a quality long term roster building plan in play.

We may finally have a good FO operation.

406485517_382166637800779_3190386868253792727_n.jpg

Reactions: knoxvol52
This deal makes no sense unless the plan is to trade one of last year's infielders for a pitcher. I would pass on Cease.
No way on Cease. Move on to a transition piece. Too much young SP talent working their way into the rotation to mess it up.

They're talking about moving India.....to 1st, which makes zero sense

That's $87M spent by the Cincinnati Reds in free agency over the last two weeks
Emilio Pagan 2 years/$16M
Nick Martinez 2 years/$26M
Jeimer Candelario 3 years/$45M

VN Store

Back