D4H's 2018 NFL Draft Prospect Rankings

Marijuana is legal is many parts of the country now. Most NFL players smoke it. This is a complete non-issue.

All it affects is when he is drafted. He probably falls to the 5th round now. But it won't affect his NFL future.

Antonio Callaway will still be a SUPERSTAR player in the NFL.

You mean like Josh Gordon?
Talent doesn’t do you a lot of good when you can’t get on the field. Didn’t Callaway literally use weed as his defense for a sexual assault accusation? Like, he was too high to get it up, or something?

Reactions: 1 person
You mean like Josh Gordon?
Talent doesn’t do you a lot of good when you can’t get on the field. Didn’t Callaway literally use weed as his defense for a sexual assault accusation? Like, he was too high to get it up, or something?

Lol yes he did say something along those lines

Smoking weed is a non-issue. Smoking it before the combine when you know you are going to be tested is.

I've been saying Callaway has some bad influences in his life right now. That is why I think going far away from Florida would be good for him. He needs to go to a place like Green Bay or Pittsburgh. An organization with the structure to support him far away from Florida.

Antonio Callaway is a good kid. He just needs to right mentors.

So we're basically dealing with what appears to be an idiot that you hope (and let's not pretend it's anything more than that) can at some point be taught not to chase shiny objects into traffic.

Eh, maybe, only the future knows for certain. We can absolutely state, here and now, this young man came into a situation already having his character questioned and, with lots of money on the line, couldn't help but wear his dunce cap.

So we're basically dealing with what appears to be an idiot that you hope (and let's not pretend it's anything more than that) can at some point be taught not to chase shiny objects into traffic.

Eh, maybe, only the future knows for certain. We can absolutely state, here and now, this young man came into a situation already having his character questioned and, with lots of money on the line, couldn't help but wear his dunce cap.

I’m sure he’ll stay out of trouble when he has the means to buy anything he wants.

Reactions: 2 people
Are you someone who believes Baker Mayfield is the best QB in this draft and a star in the NFL like KBVol?

It's amazing to me that people can't see that he doesn't have great talent and was instead a product of the scheme at Oklahoma. Also he played with far more talent on his team than nearly every other team he played in college. Which once again clouds people into thinking he's better than he really is.

Josh Allen will be a much better NFL QB than Baker Mayfield.

Didn’t say Mayfield would be an NFL star. Damn, you literally can’t get anything right. I said Mayfield, imho, is the best QB in this draft and the one most ready to play, based not a “huge arm” or a picture of his face....but rather based on what he showed, how he played, what he accomplished in college due to a strong, incredibly accurate arm and a high number of intangibles that you want in an nfl quarterback.

Didn’t say Mayfield would be an NFL star. Damn, you literally can’t get anything right. I said Mayfield, imho, is the best QB in this draft and the one most ready to play, based not a “huge arm” or a picture of his face....but rather based on what he showed, how he played, what he accomplished in college due to a strong, incredibly accurate arm and a high number of intangibles that you want in an nfl quarterback.

Add to that some of the performances against better competition.

But how can you take a guy seriously that has Mark Walton as a top 20 and Roquan Smith so far down due to .. SIZE? A lot of teams aren't looking for large thumping ILBs anymore instead opting for kids with lights out speed and instincts.

He claims Antonio Calloway is a good kid but based on what? His looks? I mean, most chicks were all about Rae Carruth too. If memory serves me, there were issues with Calloway going back to HS at Booker T.

I think you have Trenton Thompson too high at Rd 3 too BTW, at best Rd 5. Ragnow is probably a low first rounder not a top 10 type of OL.

But man, that Mark Walton pick .. Calloway isn't the only one that's high :crazy:

Seriously about the only one that makes sense that isn't what the world is saying is having Arden Key that high. Off field issues as well, but a second round pick for a premium position is about right with the baggage but the guy is lights out off the ball.

Ragnow is too high
Walton is WAAAAAY too high

Penny is too high

On no planet is Davenport better than Chubb or anywhere close

Roquan is far too low and the only thing you point out is size which is not a concern for most defensive coaches at ILB any more, especially in a 4-3. Now, you have Evans higher and he is a mere one inch taller and almost the same weight. You have, hold on while I giggle again, Micah Kiser higher and he is almost the exact same size!!!

Trent Thompson and Khalil McKenzie are too high, 5th rounders at best

John Kelly has NO business being in the first or second round .. sorry to his fans on here but he is not a first round guy ... top backs are Barkley, Guice, Michel, Jones, Chubb and Freeman

You have already proven that QB knowledge isn't your thing so let's just let that dog die

Christian Kirk and Calvin Ridley are WAY too low. Ridley is a first rounder all day and Kirk will probably be early second because of his special teams skills.

If you and Ray Charles competed to see who could spot the most talent, I'll drop a Benjamin on Ray to pull through. And all the hyperbole about "legendary drafts" is just ridiculous. Every year, studs come out and just because you are picking kids doesn't make this year or last year any better than the others.

My top CB is Minkah Fitzpatrick (Alabama). I don't understand why some many people are saying he's a safety. He rarely played that in college.

2015: Minkah played exclusively in the star position, which in Bama's offense is a hybrid corner/safety position. He never started a single game as an outside corner, and only ever played it during situational packages or garbage time.
2016: He started 8 games at CB, then moved to safety for the final 7 after Eddie Jackson got hurt.
2017: He started all 14 games at safety, and occasionally played the star. He did not play outside at all.

So, in your mind, a guy who started 21 games at safety somehow "rarely played it in college?" So you watch all this "film" and have trouble figuring out which position your prospect is playing?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
2015: Minkah played exclusively in the star position, which in Bama's offense is a hybrid corner/safety position. He never started a single game as an outside corner, and only ever played it during situational packages or garbage time.
2016: He started 8 games at CB, then moved to safety for the final 7 after Eddie Jackson got hurt.
2017: He started all 14 games at safety, and occasionally played the star. He did not play outside at all.

So, in your mind, a guy who started 21 games at safety somehow "rarely played it in college?" So you watch all this "film" and have trouble figuring out which position your prospect is playing?

If his "eye" didn't see him playing safety it didn't really happen.

Astute Analysis D4H.

Really need more guys like you to break this stuff down. This is high quality. If I’m being honest I would say you have a leg up on Mcshay and Kiper.

What do you do for a living? If you’re in college you need to think about majoring in journalism/broadcasting. I’d love to see you on NFL Network one day.

Astute Analysis D4H.

Really need more guys like you to break this stuff down. This is high quality. If I’m being honest I would say you have a leg up on Mcshay and Kiper.

What do you do for a living? If you’re in college you need to think about majoring in journalism/broadcasting. I’d love to see you on NFL Network one day.

I really hope that was supposed to be written in blue font, but I don't think that it was....So

Sometimes life or in this case FleeceItOut lobs you softballs in life and you have to make the tough decision of swinging and knocking it out of the park or you take the pitch because you didn't want to make someone have their feelings hurt. I'll take the pitch because this is just too damn easy.

I really hope that was supposed to be written in blue font, but I don't think that it was....So

Sometimes life or in this case FleeceItOut lobs you softballs in life and you have to make the tough decision of swinging and knocking it out of the park or you take the pitch because you didn't want to make someone have their feelings hurt. I'll take the pitch because this is just too damn easy.

You could learn a lot from D4H.

And Justin Blackmon

Antonio Callaway doesn't look like Justin Blackmon. I could tell from a mile away that dude was trouble. It was clear as day in his eyes. Antonio Callaway has much more innocent eyes. He just needs a positive male influence to look up and he'll be fine.

I know he's working out with Antonio Brown right now. Going to a franchise like the Steelers and getting mentored by a veteran like Antonio Brown would do wonders for him. I believe that would turn his life around and make him the NFL SUPERSTAR his talents say he is.

When will you learn college and the NFL are different? Just because a guy has a lot of success in college doesn't mean he'll necessarily succeed in the NFL.

Baker Mayfield simply doesn't have the traits to be great player in the NFL. If he has any pro success it'll be like how Case Keenum had success this past season. He'll need great players around him on offense and an elite defense to cover his flaws. I just don't believe you draft a replaceable player in the 1st round. That is a place reserved for DIFFERENCE MAKERS.

Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson are difference makers. They're the type that make those around them better rather than the other way around.

Add to that some of the performances against better competition.

But how can you take a guy seriously that has Mark Walton as a top 20 and Roquan Smith so far down due to .. SIZE? A lot of teams aren't looking for large thumping ILBs anymore instead opting for kids with lights out speed and instincts.

He claims Antonio Calloway is a good kid but based on what? His looks? I mean, most chicks were all about Rae Carruth too. If memory serves me, there were issues with Calloway going back to HS at Booker T.

I think you have Trenton Thompson too high at Rd 3 too BTW, at best Rd 5. Ragnow is probably a low first rounder not a top 10 type of OL.

But man, that Mark Walton pick .. Calloway isn't the only one that's high :crazy:

Mark Walton is one of the most impressive running backs I've seen in a while. His explosiveness and make you miss ability are second only to Saquon Barkley in this class. In many ways he's a poor man's version of Saquon Barkley with the main difference between the two being size. Saquon is just bigger and just as explosive and agile.

As long as Mark Walton can stay healthy (which has been a problem for him), I have no doubt that he will be a star RB in the NFL.

Minkah played the nickel corner and dime linebacker more than he did as a single high free safety. Just because someone is listed as starting at a certain position doesn't mean he was primarily playing there.

Minkah has played primarily the nickel corner and dime linebacker as a pass rusher this past season.

I believe he has the skill set to transition into being an elite outside corner and then later in his career, he will transition to safety like Rod Woodson.

Minkah played the nickel corner and dime linebacker more than he did as a single high free safety. Just because someone is listed as starting at a certain position doesn't mean he was primarily playing there.

None of that is true.

Minkah has played primarily the nickel corner and dime linebacker as a pass rusher this past season.

None of that is true.

I believe he has the skill set to transition into being an elite outside corner and then later in his career, he will transition to safety like Rod Woodson.

Your belief is irrelevant given that you don't know what position he played.

Reactions: 5 people
Seriously about the only one that makes sense that isn't what the world is saying is having Arden Key that high. Off field issues as well, but a second round pick for a premium position is about right with the baggage but the guy is lights out off the ball.

Ragnow is too high
Walton is WAAAAAY too high

Penny is too high

On no planet is Davenport better than Chubb or anywhere close

Roquan is far too low and the only thing you point out is size which is not a concern for most defensive coaches at ILB any more, especially in a 4-3. Now, you have Evans higher and he is a mere one inch taller and almost the same weight. You have, hold on while I giggle again, Micah Kiser higher and he is almost the exact same size!!!

Trent Thompson and Khalil McKenzie are too high, 5th rounders at best

John Kelly has NO business being in the first or second round .. sorry to his fans on here but he is not a first round guy ... top backs are Barkley, Guice, Michel, Jones, Chubb and Freeman

You have already proven that QB knowledge isn't your thing so let's just let that dog die

Christian Kirk and Calvin Ridley are WAY too low. Ridley is a first rounder all day and Kirk will probably be early second because of his special teams skills.

If you and Ray Charles competed to see who could spot the most talent, I'll drop a Benjamin on Ray to pull through. And all the hyperbole about "legendary drafts" is just ridiculous. Every year, studs come out and just because you are picking kids doesn't make this year or last year any better than the others.

Lotta good questions and points. Here are my responses:

(1) Frank Ragnow tested as the best athlete of all the interior offensive lineman. His combination of numbers from the 40 yard dash, vertical jump, and bench press were freaky for a player his size. His film was also outstanding. Athletic testing isn't always perfect but one position where it seems to correlate more than others is the offensive line.

(2) If you love Saquon Barkley, I don't know how you can't like Mark Walton. They are basically the same player. Mark Walton is just a mini-version of Saquon with some durability concerns. As long as he can stay healthy, I don't see why Mark Walton can't be one of the 10 best RBs in football.

(3) Rashaad Penny tested extremely well at the combine and his college production was outstanding. He just played at San Diego St. so people are sleeping on him. If he played at a major school like Alabama, people would be saying he's a surefire first round pick. I really like his tape. I think he can be a great RB in the NFL. He might not be a Hall of Famer like Curtis Martin but his running style and skill set reminds me a lot of Curtis Martin.

(4) Marcus Davenport is a freakishly talented player. He's taller, longer, and more athletic than Chubb. Its very close between the two players as you can see in the overall rankings, I just like Davenport's upside more. And when guys are close, I'll always take the guy with more upside. I think Chubb makes the earlier impact but 5 years down the road, I can see Davenport making it on 1st team All-Pro ahead Chubb.

(5) The main reason I have Rashaan Evans and Micah Kiser ahead of Roquan Smith is their tape not the measurables. Unlike most, I was not impressed by Roquan Smith's college tape. He didn't do a good job shedding blockers. Most of his tackles came when his lineman kept guys off him and he had a free run at the ball carrier. Rashaan Evans shows much better on tape when it comes to shedding blocks. And I just love Micah Kiser's insticts.

(6) I have both Kahlil McKenzie and Trenton Thompson rated as 3rd round prospects. That means I have them as legit NFL backups with the chance to develop into reliable starters. This is a loaded draft so they won't go that high. And I wouldn't draft them that high because of how much talent is ahead of them. But in an average draft they are easy choices to take in the 3rd round. They have NFL measureables and athleticism. Its all about coaching them up to play up to their potential.

(7) John Kelly played behind a terrible offensive line and for a horrible head coach. Don't fall for the same thing that made so many NFL teams pass on Alvin Kamara until the 3rd round. John Kelly proved how good he was in 2016. Alongside Josh Dobbs and Alvin Kamara, he proved he could be just as productive. Those other RBs you think are better than him just had better lines and coaching staffs that made them look good. John Kelly didn't have that benefit. Just look back to last year and how much high Christian McCaffrey went than Alvin Kamara. McCaffrey in the NFL couldn't even rush for 4.0 YPC while Alvin Kamara led the NFL with 6.1 YPC. That's after averaging only 6.0 YPC at Tennessee. Averaging more YPC in the NFL than you did in college is unheard of. That shoes just how bad Tennessee's offensive line was in 2016. Now imagine how much worse they became in 2017 with no Josh Dobbs threatening teams with the read option? John Kelly will be a star in the NFL. He's the second coming of Priest Holmes.

(8) I have questions about Calvin Ridley's age (will be 24 years old before the end of his rookie season). He's only 6 months younger than Amari Cooper who is headed into his 4th season in the NFL. Its possible he's already maxed out his potential as a player. Calvin Ridley is also only 189 lbs. That's incredibly skinny for a receiver his height. I question his ability to beat press coverage at the line of scrimmage. And finally he tested poorly at the combine in terms of the vertical and broad jump tests. That's not good for a player whose explosiveness was supposed to be a strong selling point. With regard to Christian Kirk, I actually like him a lot better than Calvin Ridley. That's why I rated him as a 2nd round prospect while only gave Ridley a 3rd round grade. I do believe he has a chance to be a really good player in the NFL. He will be a weapon on special teams and in the slot. I just like the guys rated ahead of him better. This is a very underrated WR class. I think a lot of guys who get drafted in Day 2 and Day 3 will turn into stars.

None of that is true.

None of that is true.

Your belief is irrelevant given that you don't know what position he played.

Please point me to the games where he is playing single high free safety for more than a handful of snaps so I can evaluate him. If you are right and he's been playing free safety most of the time this past season, then I would love to evaluate that tape. It would make me even more confident in my Rod Woodson comp.

Please point me to the games where he is playing single high free safety for more than a handful of snaps so I can evaluate him. If you are right and he's been playing free safety most of the time this past season, then I would love to evaluate that tape. It would make me even more confident in my Rod Woodson comp.

I love your attempt at hedging once you realized your screw-up, but Minkah was a strong safety, not a free.

I assume the next step is you arguing that a strong safety is more like a corner or nickel than a safety. I'll preemptively shoot down that nonsense.

Last edited:
This. Is. Awesome.

tenor.gif

VN Store

Back