D4H's 2017 NBA Draft Preview

Point totals have a lot to do with pace. The skill players are better than ever. The floor is wide open. GSW and CLE have 4 3 point shooters on the floor at almost all times. The Lakers averaged 116 against the Celtics in 87 and they were barely even shooting 3's. How do they score that much with 3 players that can't shoot?

The NBA was better back then, imo. In game 2 of the '87 finals, the Lakers beat the Celtics 141-122 while shooting 62% from the floor and the Celtics were a good defensive team. Not sure what you mean by 3 players who couldn't shoot? Rambis or Mychal Thompson? Magic, Scott, Worthy, KAJ, Cooper and AC could all shoot. 5 players had over 20 points. And you're right that they didn't shoot many 3's but in that game Michael Cooper was 6-7 from 3 point range while only playing 25 minutes. Best fast break in basketball history.

The Lakers will take Ball tonight... makes me cringe a bit.

Last edited:
I gotta disagree with him being as athletic as Hardaway. Penny was a 6'8" freak who could attack the basket. Lonzo doesn't strike me as the guy who's going to get to the paint and yam it on someone. He's an amazing distributor of the ball, but he's going to be limited offensively scoring his first few years.

Penny Hardaway was only 6'7". And I guess we have different definitions of what a freak athlete is cause I only considered Penny to be a good athlete not great.

I gotta disagree with him being as athletic as Hardaway. Penny was a 6'8" freak who could attack the basket.

Penny Hardaway was only 6'7". And I guess we have different definitions of what a freak athlete is cause I only considered Penny to be a good athlete not great.

You are so f***ing weird.

Reactions: 7 people
D4H = Clueless about almost everything.

I wasn't clueless about this draft class. Did you just see what Jayson Tatum did in his first summer league game?

21 points, 7 rebounds, 5 steals, and the game winning jumper shot vs Markelle Fultz and Sixers.

Tatum looked even better than I thought he would. Had shades of Kobe Bryant to his game. He's gonna be a big time superstar in the NBA and he'll be the best player in this draft class by a wide margin.

I wasn't clueless about this draft class. Did you just see what Jayson Tatum did in his first summer league game?

21 points, 7 rebounds, 5 steals, and the game winning jumper shot vs Markelle Fultz and Sixers.

Tatum looked even better than I thought he would. Had shades of Kobe Bryant to his game. He's gonna be a big time superstar in the NBA and he'll be the best player in this draft class by a wide margin.

You don't remember Chris Shelton do you?

It's SUMMER LEAGUE brah...

True. But it's not about his numbers for me. It how he looked. Tatum moved on the court with the type of grace, skill, and swagger of a superstar. He also pulled off a number of elite one on one moves I've only seen from elite players like Kobe Bryant.

He also looked like he has IT when it came to dominating in the clutch.

He looks even better than I thought he would. I honestly underestimated him by comparing him to Paul George. Tatum's ceiling is more like Kobe Bryant. He will be all-time special in the NBA.

One game. One summer league game. When he has a bad game will you retract?

Its not about whether or not he has a good or bad game statistically for me. When I watch the game, I look for skills. I look for athleticism. I look for elite talent. Shots sometimes don't go in so I never judge a player on something like how many points they score. I care more about how you score. And whether that type of skill scoring the ball can turn into a consistent weapon.

Tatum exhibited the skills and talent of an elite NBA player. He moved on the court with the type of swagger of superstar. He's honestly better than I even gave him credit for. He'll be a surefire top 10 player in the NBA. And possibly even better. Incredible talent.

He said "almost."

Absent from the never went to Duke D4H is that Fultz looked great last night.

True. But it's not about his numbers for me. It how he looked. Tatum moved on the court with the type of grace, skill, and swagger of a superstar. He also pulled off a number of elite one on one moves I've only seen from elite players like Kobe Bryant.

He also looked like he has IT when it came to dominating in the clutch.

He looks even better than I thought he would. I honestly underestimated him by comparing him to Paul George. Tatum's ceiling is more like Kobe Bryant. He will be all-time special in the NBA.

Not about his numbers but in the post before literally posts his numbers to prove your point. LOL

Reactions: 4 people
Not about his numbers but in the post before literally posts his numbers to prove your point. LOL

Haha. Yes indeed.

"Numbers mean absolutely nothing when I'm evaluating a player, and nobody should based their opinion on stats, ever.......unless I need to make a point about a player using his stats."

-D4H

Reactions: 2 people
You trying to tell me D4H don't know jack about the NBA either? :eek:hmy:

VN Store

Back