D4H's 2017 NBA Draft Preview

I already explained that. I only cited those guys because I remembered them from the 2015 McDonald's All-American game when I was following that high school class.

I saw their names on the bottom of the mock drafts. Thought it was interesting they weren't getting more love. I believe both guys can become rotation players in the NBA and that's a steal if you can get that in the 2nd round.

So you admittedly based your 2017 draft predictions on your name recognition of a 2015 high school exhibition game?

Woof.

LOL. This is the playoffs. It's win or go home. If they thought he could help them, they would have played him.

The fact he didn't get any playing even as they struggled versus Boston renders this argument of yours mute. It would be one thing if they were rolling and had beat Boston. The chemistry argument then might have been plausible. But when you're losing and struggling it isn't plausible. It shows that he simply wasn't good enough for the coach to play. PERIOD.
You have no clue what you’re talking about. I guess in your book the only coaches that aren’t infallible are the ones coaching Dobbs.

Last edited:
What you fail to consider is this is weakest era of of NBA basketball since the 1970s. Once again I don't compare players to their peers. I'm not into giving people hype for simply being the tallest midget.

Being the 3 seed in a weak NBA isn't impressive to me. That's one of the reason I don't care about the stats a player puts up. Stats are dependant on the quality of opposition and the scheme you play in. Right now there are a lot of inflated stats going on in the NBA. That doesn't make the guys putting up those numbers good.

CJ McCollum is an average basketball player. In this weak NBA he ranks better than average. But that's only because there is currently a talent drain in the NBA.

Weakest era since the 1970’s? Lol
You likely started watching during the Big 3 in Miami

Last edited:
What you fail to consider is this is weakest era of of NBA basketball since the 1970s. Once again I don't compare players to their peers. I'm not into giving people hype for simply being the tallest midget.

Being the 3 seed in a weak NBA isn't impressive to me. That's one of the reason I don't care about the stats a player puts up. Stats are dependant on the quality of opposition and the scheme you play in. Right now there are a lot of inflated stats going on in the NBA. That doesn't make the guys putting up those numbers good.

CJ McCollum is an average basketball player. In this weak NBA he ranks better than average. But that's only because there is currently a talent drain in the NBA.

All time dumbest post nominee here

Reactions: 4 people

Most of the "inflated stats" are guys like Devin Booker scoring lots of points on bad teams. There's nothing "inflated" about scoring 20 a game for a perennial playoff team that was a 3 seed this year.

And Jesus, the '90s and early 2000s NBA was much, much weaker than it is now. This whole thing is dumb as ****

Reactions: 1 person
The best player on the team is Jayson Tatum because he's the only guy on the team that can create his own shot. And in playoff time that is the most important skill.

Brad Stevens has to draw up plays to get the other guys shots. Tatum is the only guy they just give the ball to and clear out of the way. That is something only SUPERSTARS can do.

Tatum has potential, but Horford is hands down better right now. He's their best player by far.

Most people that watched Duke loved Tatum. He has everything you want in a 3. I never understood why some mock drafts had him 6 or 7 or why Tatum vs. Isaac was ever a debate.

I can spot talent pretty quickly.

I've said many times it doesn't take more than 1 minute of action for me to determine whether a guy can play or not.

So basically, you're a one minute of action kinda guy. Bet the girls love that 😁

Reactions: 1 person
I can spot talent pretty quickly.

I've said many times it doesn't take more than 1 minute of action for me to determine whether a guy can play or not.

By this logic you should be able to make projections for every player entering the draft then. Takes a minute to evaluate but yet you let a couple first rounders slip by.

Reactions: 5 people
If it takes 1 minute to make an evaluation, D4H should evaluate every player for the next draft, make a time stamped youtube video of each prediction, and when he's proven right on most/all of them, he can have his pick of GM jobs. It's so simple, why hasn't he thought of this?

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back