D4H's 2017 College Football Season Preview

If you predict UT to go undefeated every year eventually you might be able to say I was right lol

Also year 3 is when elite coaches win big (i.e. Saban at Alabama and Meyer at Ohio State).

Lou Holtz took 16 years and 3 different major programs to win a national title...
Tom Osborne took 21 seasons at Nebraska to win a national title....
It took Bobby Bowden 18 years to win his first National title
7 years for Steve Spurrier to get his...
It took Nick Saban 9 seasons at a major program to win one....

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
With the 2017 college football season officially kicking off tonight, here are my predictions for the upcoming season:

SEC East
1. Tennessee (12-1; 7-1) – SEC Champion (defeat Auburn in Championship Game); loss to Alabama; best win: Auburn (11-2)
2. Georgia (8-4; 5-3) – losses to Notre Dame, Tennessee, South Carolina, and Auburn
3. Florida (6-6; 4-4) – losses to Michigan, Tennessee, LSU, Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida State
4. Missouri (6-6; 3-5)
5. South Carolina (6-6; 3-5)
6. Vanderbilt (5-7; 3-5)
7. Kentucky (5-7; 3-5)

SEC West
1. Auburn (11-2; 7-1) – losses to LSU and Tennessee (in the SEC Championship game)
2. Alabama (11-1; 7-1) – loss to Auburn
3. LSU (9-3; 5-3) – losses to Ole Miss, Alabama, and Tennessee
4. Texas A&M (7-5; 4-4)
5. Arkansas (7-5; 3-5)
6. Ole Miss (6-6; 3-5)
7. Miss St. (6-6; 2-6)

Big 10
1. Michigan (13-0; 9-0) – Big 10 Champion; best win: Ohio State (9-3)
2. Ohio State (9-3; 7-2) – losses to Oklahoma, Michigan State, and Michigan

ACC
Clemson (10-3; 7-1) – ACC Champions; losses to Auburn, Florida State, and South Carolina

Big 12
Oklahoma (13-0; 9-0) – Big 12 Champions; best win: Ohio State (9-3)

Pac 12
USC (11-2; 8-1) – Pac 12 Champion (losses to Notre Dame and Arizona St.)

Independent
Notre Dame (11-1) – loss to Michigan State; best win: Pac 12 Champion USC (11-2)

2018 College Football Playoff
1. Michigan (13-0)
2. Oklahoma (13-0)
3. Tennessee (12-1)
4. Alabama (11-1)

Heisman Trophy Winner: Baker Mayfield (Oklahoma)

CFP Semifinals: Alabama defeats Michigan (Rose Bowl); Tennessee defeats Oklahoma (Sugar Bowl)

CFP National Title Game: Tennessee defeats Alabama

Doing great; Clemson beat Auburn and Notre Dame's only loss is going to be Michigan St.

Oh.....

Doing great; Clemson beat Auburn and Notre Dame's only loss is going to be Michigan St.

Oh.....

I'd say I'm off to a great start. My first big prediction to come true was that Oklahoma would beat Ohio State in the horse shoe. Not many people thought that was possible. That should propel Oklahoma into the playoffs as I predicted.

The Clemson/Auburn game doesn't harm my final 4. I think Clemson will drop a couple of games in conference. And I think Auburn will win the SEC West. Georgia and Notre Dame never factored into my final 4 either.

The big thing is my final 4 teams are not only alive, 2 of them were greatly strengthened. As I said earlier, Oklahoma pretty much has a ticket punched for the playoffs. And then with Ohio State's loss, Michigan now looks to be the class of the Big 10 as they host Ohio State in the last game of the season.

Michigan
Oklahoma
Tennessee
Alabama

That's gonna be the final 4.

And they'd whip the hell out of Auburn.

Auburn has a penchant for playing Alabama tough even when they are supposed to be much worse. This year I actually like Auburn. I don't know why people are down on them after the Clemson game. They outplayed Clemson for most of the first half. The difference in the game was red zone efficiency. Clemson went 2 for 2 in the red zone when it came to scoring TDs. Auburn went 0 for 2. If Auburn had scored on those 2 early red zone possessions, it would have been a different game.

As the season goes on, I expect Auburn's offense to improve. I also don't think Alabama is as good as most people think they are this year. They will lose in Jordan-Hare to Auburn. But the playoff committee will still put them into the playoffs.

Auburn has a penchant for playing Alabama tough even when they are supposed to be much worse. This year I actually like Auburn. I don't know why people are down on them after the Clemson game. They outplayed Clemson for most of the first half. The difference in the game was red zone efficiency. Clemson went 2 for 2 in the red zone when it came to scoring TDs. Auburn went 0 for 2. If Auburn had scored on those 2 early red zone possessions, it would have been a different game.

As the season goes on, I expect Auburn's offense to improve. I also don't think Alabama is as good as most people think they are this year. They will lose in Jordan-Hare to Auburn. But the playoff committee will still put them into the playoffs.
The only problem with Auburn is Malzahn. They are extremely talented and their defense should keep them in games

VN Store

Back