Curt Maggitt's status?

It's completely ridiculous to claim it's because of the same injury. You should read up on what actually happened to Bo

I did...I happened to be alive. If you want to quibble over MRI imaging and such, have at it. Both had seemingly innocuous injuries to the hip. I said "similar". I don't think you've met the burden of proof to declare my reference RIDICULOUS.

Reactions: 1 person
Except they're not similar and they happened decades apart

I wasn't suggesting that they had similar injuries. Just that a hip injury in general, especially when/if the guy who experienced the injury is still using a cane 2.5 months later, is a very tricky and tenuous thing.

I wasn't suggesting that they had similar injuries. Just that a hip injury in general, especially when/if the guy who experienced the injury is still using a cane 2.5 months later, is a very tricky and tenuous thing.

And my only reason for referencing Bo was to illustrate how seemingly minor injuries can be career killers. Bo Jackson was indestructible and a freak occurrence ended it. Maggitt has been less than indestructible.

And my only reason for referencing Bo was to illustrate how seemingly minor injuries can be career killers. Bo Jackson was indestructible and a freak occurrence ended it. Maggitt has been less than indestructible.

Yes, that's how I read it Butchy old boy. Hip injuries are trouble and can be much more dangerous to a player's career than any other joint injury. We essentially went from asking if Curt could come back and play before season's end to witnessing him still need the use of a cane at season's end. Had that been a knee, ankle or shoulder, I think Curt might've come back and played and certainly would be getting ready for his proday right now.

Yes, that's how I read it Butchy old boy. Hip injuries are trouble and can be much more dangerous to a player's career than any other joint injury. We essentially went from asking if Curt could come back and play before season's end to witnessing him still need the use of a cane at season's end. Had that been a knee, ankle or shoulder, I think Curt might've come back and played and certainly would be getting ready for his proday right now.
It was supposedly a bone chip...not a bone fracture. My guess would be that either grafted the chipped piece back, with his own bone or cadaver...or they could just let the opening sort of mend/calcify on it's own. Either way you go, it's not going to be a 6-8wk recovery, and instead, more like an 8 month recovery.

It's really weird how a hip bone could chip without coming into contact with anything.

It was supposedly a bone chip...not a bone fracture. My guess would be that either grafted the chipped piece back, with his own bone or cadaver...or they could just let the opening sort of mend/calcify on it's own. Either way you go, it's not going to be a 6-8wk recovery, and instead, more like an 8 month recovery.

It's really weird how a hip bone could chip without coming into contact with anything.

Feel bad for the kid, injury after injury through no fault of his own. Hip injury, like you said, was contact-free and just kinda freakish. I hope he recovers fully and can take a shot at the NFL if he wants. I was just taken a bit aback when I saw him with the cane 10-12 weeks after the initial injury. And 8 months means there's no way he can prepare for the draft.

VN Store

Back