Curt Maggitt's status?

VOLorNuttin

Anyone with connections to some in the AD, know what Maggitt's status is, health-wise? Is he planning on attending the NFL Combine next month or is he going to wait until the UT Pro Day? Or is his injury serious enough to call his football career done?

Anyone with connections to some in the AD, know what Maggitt's status is, health-wise? Is he planning on attending the NFL Combine next month or is he going to wait until the UT Pro Day? Or is his injury serious enough to call his football career done?

VoN, I just checked the CBS draft list. Curt is listed there as a OLB. I would think if he is listed on the draft page, he has signed up. I have never seen a player listed there that finished his college eligibility, but had no plans to enter the draft.

I have no idea about the rest, but that may say the answer to your last question is no.

I am surprised that he is being looked at has an OLB. He was an animal at DE.

He's the epitome of college DE/OLB hybrid. Those guys almost always end up at OLB in the League because they generally aren't big enough to be full-time linemen. They'll still rush the passer, but more in a Clay Matthews kind of way.

Reactions: 4 people
I doubt he was invited to the combine. He'll get a pro day at UT and likely have to get picked up after the draft and fight to make a roster

Good luck to him

Reactions: 4 people
Guys on sports talk radio out of Indianapolis are including Curt in the "potential" combine list...I think one of these guys is actually tied into the combine organizers in some fashion.

At least their predictions and such have been spot on the last couple of years. They do say as well that the full list comes out next week.

He is in a good spot, 1/2 the teams run a 3-4, so he would play OLB, the other half running the 4-3, he will be a pass rushing DE
I could see the Titans or Steelers taking him in the 4th or 5th. He would easily go higher if he had stayed healthy all season. So, provided he gets fully recovered by training camp late summer, he's going to be a steal for some team.

I just wasnt' sure if his injury was more serious or not.

I think any he is more of the DE type. Unless he sheds some size and regains his speed that is. He looked slower and slower every year since his freshman year. I would love to see him get on a team with some vets so he has another year to get completely healthy so in year 2 or 3 of his contract he can really shine in the No Fun League.

Wasn't he walking with a cane through the T on senior day? Freak hip injury, I'm wondering if he'll ever play again.

Wasn't he walking with a cane through the T on senior day? Freak hip injury, I'm wondering if he'll ever play again.

Good point. Possibly greatest athlete of many generations Bo Jackson couldn't overcome a similar injury.

Good point. Possibly greatest athlete of many generations Bo Jackson couldn't overcome a similar injury.

Bo wound up with necrosis in his hip due to not recognizing the injury quick enough. Don't think this is CM's problem. Hopefully he will fully heal.

Except they're not similar and they happened decades apart

Yeah...now that you mention it, a legendarily epic athlete being felled by a FREAK HIP INJURY has nothing to do with Curt Maggitt being felled by a FREAK HIP INJURY. Thanks for always keeping us grounded. :eek:k:

Bo wound up with necrosis in his hip due to not recognizing the injury quick enough. Don't think this is CM's problem. Hopefully he will fully heal.

I know it was back in medieval times, but they knew it was a serious injury...it wasn't from neglect. We still replace hips to this day.

Yeah...now that you mention it, a legendarily epic athlete being felled by a FREAK HIP INJURY has nothing to do with Curt Maggitt being felled by a FREAK HIP INJURY. Thanks for always keeping us grounded. :eek:k:

Yes it happened to the hip. Beyond that your point is kinda ridiculous

Reactions: 1 person
Yes it happened to the hip. Beyond that your point is kinda ridiculous

Not really. It's not like one was performing at a circus. One got routinely tackled and landed funny. DECADES later the other was hopping around on special teams and...landed funny. Bo never played football again...is it "ridiculous" to think the same of Curt? When we see those gruesome bones breaking through the skin injuries, don't many of us automatically remember Joe Theismann? Why? Decades apart. :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
Bo never played football again...is it "ridiculous" to think the same of Curt?

It's completely ridiculous to claim it's because of the same injury. You should read up on what actually happened to Bo

VN Store

Back