Curse of the Orange Pants?

Tin Man

Dirt's Childhood Playmate
In some of the most heartbreaking losses I've witnessed, the Vols were wearing orange pants. Very recently, the depths to which the program sank under Dooley is linked to his orange pants.

For decades, Tennessee fans have questioned whether there is or is not a curse on the Vols orange pants. What say you? Are the orange pants cursed? What orange pants losses haunt your memories? What exceptions (orange pants victories) dispute a curse?

If there is a curse on the orange pants, then the white pants must be cursed to. I mean we've lost a lot of heartbreaking games in them too right? And linking the Dooley years to the orange pants? WTF?

We also beat SC at home in 2013 in all orange and that was a big upset at the time. When you don't wear them much, every time you wear them you'll be scrutinized.

We only wore them for 17 years until Fulmer took them away. There were lots of good wins during that time

Of course he had the team in them to start the 2008 season and we know how that worked out

Reactions: 1 person
22931154_SA.jpg

whooped em

Reactions: 3 people
The worst loss in recent years (2011 vs Kentucky), we had on the orange pants. So there's that

...And linking the Dooley years to the orange pants? WTF?

derek-dooley-orange-pants.jpg

Dooley's stint at UTK is known for
  1. Orange pants
  2. Micro-managing; inability to retain a coaching staff
  3. Losing
  4. Unfathomable recruiting blunders
  5. New practice facility at UTK

See #1. Orange Pants.

White jerseys, orange pants is OK.

Orange on Orange is hideous.

That goes for any monochrome look, by any school, with the lone exception of white on white. (Stormtrooper uni's, my personal favorite).

The opener at UCLA with Crompton starting (08' maybe), sticks out in my mind as a bad orange pants loss.

A couple of things here....
1. I thought this was going to be a Dooley thread
2. Not sure if you can say we're cursed then start posting exceptions.
3. Watching this Florida game, I'm noticing some strong similarities between their offense then, and ours now. They had a nice 1-2-punch backfield and a run-first QB that was difficult to bring down.
4. The orange pants aren't cursed :)

Reactions: 1 person
I like orange pants on occasion on road. Only time at home if doing orange on orange is white striped legs. I don't like solid orange on orange.

VN Store

Back