Curse of the Orange Pants?

Fans may not like it, but the players know what it means to wear the solid orange. All orange means it's time to beat the piss out of someone.

Reactions: 1 person
BUT, if the Vols had worn the white-on-white unis, would they have upset the Gators on that day?

Tim Tebow was the starting Gator QB that afternoon, Jonathan Crompton was our starting QB. There was no way in hell we were winning that game.

White top and orange pants are my favorite uniform look for the Vols. It was a bit strange that those were presented in the big Nike promo, but never used in a game. Should at least wear the combo once per year, even if the staff likes all white more.
eric-berry-lays-into-qb-mcelroy_photo-by-amy-smotherman-burgess.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
White top and orange pants are my favorite uniform look for the Vols. It was a bit strange that those were presented in the big Nike promo, but never used in a game. Should at least wear the combo once per year, even if the staff likes all white more.

I think it's the players that like the all white look; from what DP has said they get to decide what pants they wear on road games, or at least have heavy input.

The curse I see is what kind of things are brought into discussion just before the season starts. :snoring:

Tim Tebow was the starting Gator QB that afternoon, Jonathan Crompton was our starting QB. There was no way in hell we were winning that game.

Yeah... But why post such factual assessments, here? On an obviously silly thread about whether the Vols orange pants are cursed or not? Would not some vacuous distraction serve during the countdown of the last few days before football time in Tennessee?

The curse I see is what kind of things are brought into discussion just before the season starts. :snoring:

Not all of us are able to snooze through the final countdown to the start of the season. Prithee, be tolerant of frivolous distractions during these times.

I like the pic, whatever the color of Berry's britches!

Skinny Dooley in orange pants may forever bring Nightmares to the Vol faithful, the Horror...

In some of the most heartbreaking losses I've witnessed, the Vols were wearing orange pants. Very recently, the depths to which the program sank under Dooley is linked to his orange pants.

For decades, Tennessee fans have questioned whether there is or is not a curse on the Vols orange pants. What say you? Are the orange pants cursed? What orange pants losses haunt your memories? What exceptions (orange pants victories) dispute a curse?
Miracle at Southbend was orange pants.

I was there in Butch's first year when we beat SC.

Orange pants.

Scalped tix to the games, $1,100. Parking tickets, $135. Dinners after the games, $410. Butch owning Steve Orr, priceless.

Can't spell Orr without the "O," as in "O" for three. Enjoy your retirement, Spurrier.

derek-dooley-orange-pants.jpg

Dooley's stint at UTK is known for
  1. Orange pants
  2. Micro-managing; inability to retain a coaching staff
  3. Losing
  4. Unfathomable recruiting blunders
  5. New practice facility at UTK

See #1. Orange Pants.

Losing to a wr turned qb for one game

You can't be serious? After last year, I had to hold my finger on my nose and point out the jinxes at the family reunion.

No wonder they barfed up Aunt Ginny's potato salad. Glad I skipped and went to the Jethro Tull tribute show.

When the Vols soil the Orange pants, it resonates with some fans (black pants won't solve the problem either) winning will, however

The only CURSE we've had was Kiffin followed by Dooley! JMO :banghead2:

And QB's coming off the bench mid game...and Florida. However, the Florida curse better come to an end this year...no excuses and no regerts this season.

VN Store

Back