Current Vols say football transitions going smoothly

Gullickson was the only highlight from last season's Hard Knocks. We should be able to match up with anybody now.

Hurd was poised to be the all time leading rusher at UT and Preston Williams was going to bring us back to being Wide Receiver U this time last year as well.

If there is one thing fans should have learned by now with Jones and his teams, talk is cheap.

Posters on this board also appear to be pretty cheap.

Reactions: 5 people
Hope he is as good as everyone saying...will have to wait and see. It does seem like the same comments are made EVERY time we have made s/c changes.

Lol, I have absolutely nothing against JGA but we have 500 threads for taking a crap on Jones. Nothing wrong with having one for appreciating Gullickson.

Agreed, I don't know him from Adam but if one wanted to increase their "like" total, anything negative about Butch is guaranteed to get a few..

Reactions: 2 people
Hope he is as good as everyone saying...will have to wait and see. It does seem like the same comments are made EVERY time we have made s/c changes.

This is the first time with THIS HC. Dooley did 3 in 3 years...I don't remember the "same comments" with each (more hopeful uncertainty).

Nobody was fired from last season, only Rock was added. Butch did not fill the empty spot when Lawson was let go. My understanding is Lawson was doing a fine job, just maybe too extreme for certain people. Also, people have said that the weight program was very relaxed and not as tough on players lately. I have no idea how it got so bad though. I'm glad we have Rock now.
Which is one of the worst decisions he has made. Cost us a Natty IMO

The new addition that’s making the biggest impact on the Vols right now is Gullickson. That’s due to the calendar and the fact that a college strength coach essentially runs the team during this time of year, spending far more time with them than the regular staff due to NCAA rules.

Unlike the various changes with position coaches, Gullickson’s hire is one that universally affects every player on the team. It’s also a hire, that from what we can gather, has been universally endorsed by the players to this point.

“One difference is that I can’t button the top button on my shirts right now,” [Jack] Jones joked of the progress he’s already made under Gullickson. “That’s hats off to Rock. It’s been awesome. I can tell where I’ve made tremendous gains. He, along with coach Szerszen who’s been here, it’s been a great transition. We’ve all loved Rock.”

https://tennessee.rivals.com/news/current-vols-say-football-transitions-going-smoothly

Patrick Brown is the best Tennessee beat writer. His articles go beyond the stats and into the human interest stories of the players and coaches. Always interesting to read and he does the homework. :thumbsup:

Reactions: 1 person
I wish they would put the same number of hotdogs in a pack as the number of buns in a pack.
I'm assuming this is the random complaint thread, not a thread about Rock, right?

Have you ever actually read the ingredients for hot dogs?

Aside from the lack of nutritional value, they are super high in sodium.

Keep an eye on your blood pressure. :)

I wish they would put the same number of hotdogs in a pack as the number of buns in a pack.
I'm assuming this is the random complaint thread, not a thread about Rock, right?

Great move by Butch to actually get a bona fide S & C coach on the staff.

Is that better? LOL

Reactions: 3 people
Agreed, I don't know him from Adam but if one wanted to increase their "like" total, anything negative about Butch is guaranteed to get a few..

Either that or post a rad gif

giphy.gif

The new addition that’s making the biggest impact on the Vols right now is Gullickson. That’s due to the calendar and the fact that a college strength coach essentially runs the team during this time of year, spending far more time with them than the regular staff due to NCAA rules.

Unlike the various changes with position coaches, Gullickson’s hire is one that universally affects every player on the team. It’s also a hire, that from what we can gather, has been universally endorsed by the players to this point.

“One difference is that I can’t button the top button on my shirts right now,” [Jack] Jones joked of the progress he’s already made under Gullickson. “That’s hats off to Rock. It’s been awesome. I can tell where I’ve made tremendous gains. He, along with coach Szerszen who’s been here, it’s been a great transition. We’ve all loved Rock.”

https://tennessee.rivals.com/news/current-vols-say-football-transitions-going-smoothly

Great quote by Jack, sounds good. We'll ultimately know more and what we need to know after we see how Rock's work translates to play and injuries on the field. As one of our greatest presidents once said....."trust but verify".

i think alot if was bud luck honestly. for example DK ankle, suttons foot, tuttles injury, hurds concussion. not much a strength coach can do in those instances for example to prevent them

BS we have been a mash squad the last 3 years

Hurd was poised to be the all time leading rusher at UT and Preston Williams was going to bring us back to being Wide Receiver U this time last year as well.

If there is one thing fans should have learned by now with Jones and his teams, talk is cheap.

More like people shouldn't buy into all that hype VQ spits out to get subs and clicks

Wait, you blame Jones for those two head cases?

No. I used those two as an example of illustrating how unpredictable college football can be and how fans shouldn't buy into hype during the Spring.

That being said, I am not going to call players I have never met head cases because they transfer out of a program when they don't think it is the right fit.

People change jobs all the time and that's all most of the players view football as, a job.Slamming these players for switching programs while giving a pass to coaches who job hop making 6 and 7 figures a year seems a bit hypocritical to me.

It's pretty clear that Jones has a knack for rubbing people the wrong way at times. Those two weren't the first two to transfer out and they won't be the last. No need to keep slamming them for doing what they think is best for themselves.

I do. CBJ recruited both of these guys. Had he passed on either one I would blame him for that too. CBJ is in a no win situation unless he wins it all every year, then I might cut him some slack, but I doubt that too.

I do. CBJ recruited both of these guys. Had he passed on either one I would blame him for that too. CBJ is in a no win situation unless he wins it all every year, then I might cut him some slack, but I doubt that too.

You speak the wisdom of many.

VN Store

Back