Cuonzo's first official recruiting offer

I think he would be an obvious, positive addition to the team, depending on how Jones works out....

An obvious positive addition.... Hugh???

ESPN has him as a two star player. Yet another wing / forward with less than ave outside shot for UT.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Just askin...why is it ok with everyone for martin to take recruits away from the school he left abruptly for what he thinks us a better job but it wasn't for kiffin?

The only thing dirty about the way Kiffin left UT was that he tried to steal the early enrollees, guys who were already enrolled in classes and moved into the dorm. Everything else was standard procedure for the industry.

Of course it was OK for recruits to want to stick with Kiffin, and of course it was OK for him to ask them to.

What got a little shady was Kiffin and Orgeron on UT campus, using UT phones, scrambling to call everyone on UT's dime and recruit them for another school...that, and telling midtermers to skip class so they could transfer.

Spot on.

I would hope we'd shoot a little higher...he's a D-I baller but not sure he is high caliber player we'd like to see in Knoxville.

Don't just think about the offense. Remember that CCM says that he puts an emphasis on defense. This kid is long for a college two guard and rebounds well for his position. If he doesn't turn the ball over like Scotty Hopson has had problems with then he fits a lot of the criteria that CCM says he looks for. Remember the kid has experience running the point so he probably does handle the ball well and has been hammered on not turning the ball over.

I've actually seen him play a couple of times and the kid is very good from what I've seen. I think he would be a great addition for us.

Don't just think about the offense. Remember that CCM says that he puts an emphasis on defense. This kid is long for a college two guard and rebounds well for his position. If he doesn't turn the ball over like Scotty Hopson has had problems with then he fits a lot of the criteria that CCM says he looks for. Remember the kid has experience running the point so he probably does handle the ball well and has been hammered on not turning the ball over.

His defense looks about as good as Fredette's in those videos.

My personal favorite:

"Is it just me or do you feel like you have been lied to not just the last week but the last 3 years? I see pictures of the students lifting ZO off the floor in celebration and now it all just seems so fake...I'm at a loss."

Lied to for the past three years? Oh good Lord. Trust me, as a fan base, we understand the hurt that is left behind after a coach leaves, but that's ridiculous.

My favorite one was when volwarrior was asking questions and someone said this is like asking a guy what his wife is like the day after she dumps him.

Not much of a splash. You recruiting gurus, is he at least close to a 4*.

Woolridge was a 4 star and Loften was a 3 star. I'll trust Cuonzo. Hell I liked 3 star Loften over 5 star hopson

Not impressive. While he is fast and can certainly dunk in transition, he has a very slow developing shot that comes from his chest. He was also faked out of his shorts at the beginning of the Memorial video.

Wish we were recruiting either #1 or #23 from that team, though.

As it is, Cuonzo would be best served, IMO, by letting the mid-major talent that he was recruiting at Missouri St. stay in the mid-majors. He should be talking with Pearl and then going after the players that Pearl was recruiting.

Faked out trying to close out on a three point shot, don't see that as a valid criticism

And I seem to remember a long lanky guy from Miss St with an unorthodox shot lighting us up this year. . .

But I love that we can determine how good or awful he is based on one highlight video.

forget about his shooting style, look at his results, a team of 5 stars and 4 stars couldn't beat anyone this season. Give me a player who plays defense and shoots effectively,even if it is a different style, and maybe we will see that old effort on the floor again this season we used to have, GO VOLS!

An obvious positive addition.... Hugh???

ESPN has him as a two star player. Yet another wing / forward with less than ave outside shot for UT.

No...an obvious, positive addition. The comma matters.

Obvious as in he fills a position of need and is already connected to CCM. It was highly suspected that CCM would go after him.

Positive in that he may be the best guard on our board since we've had Jones locked up for a while. If we lose Jones, I think that he would be a positive addition to the team based on that.

Not obviously positive. His positives are based more on our (possible) current need/situation. He is clearly not a prospect that we would have expected Pearl to bring in 6 months ago, let's say.

Not impressive. While he is fast and can certainly dunk in transition, he has a very slow developing shot that comes from his chest. He was also faked out of his shorts at the beginning of the Memorial video.

Wish we were recruiting either #1 or #23 from that team, though.

As it is, Cuonzo would be best served, IMO, by let!ting the mid-major talent that he was recruiting at Missouri St. stay in the mid-majors. He should be talking with Pearl and then going after the players that Pearl was recruiting.

this! i dont want mid major talent at tennessee, Cunzo better realize in a hurry that, that type of talent wont cut it with the big boys,let alone in our conference.

I would love to have mid major talent at UT if it is like the kids at VCU, Butler, George Mason, etc., etc.

this! i dont want mid major talent at tennessee, Cunzo better realize in a hurry that, that type of talent wont cut it with the big boys,let alone in our conference.

He's a top 150 player. Jesus Christ.

No...an obvious, positive addition. The comma matters.

Obvious as in he fills a position of need and is already connected to CCM. It was highly suspected that CCM would go after him.

Positive in that he may be the best guard on our board since we've had Jones locked up for a while. If we lose Jones, I think that he would be a positive addition to the team based on that.

Not obviously positive. His positives are based more on our (possible) current need/situation. He is clearly not a prospect that we would have expected Pearl to bring in 6 months ago, let's say.

Grammar is so, overrated.

look, im all for the hirer guys, but if thats what he gonna bring in, he better do one helluva job coaching these kids up. something Pearl couldnt do.

I am glad that CM has made an offer to him. He obviously wants to coach this young man, that he has built a relationship with. Too bad after a few hours and a couple of videos fans are gonna diss him. Thanks LV, as usual you bring excellent info in a timely manner to all of us on volnation. GBO and GCM

VN Store

Back