Crootin Forum: Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
OddFuture, apparently they're keeping score for this week, I'm murkin your team Brah lol.
I know we didn't set our rosters but damn it feels good

One positive from Oregon game...they will make the next game at FLA seem slower. Not many teams that can make FLA seem slow.

Man I want to beat UF so bad. It's been 9 years. That ish needs to be rectified with a quickness

Not on defense, but I think the real upset will be over Florida with that bad offense. It'll just be a dogfight.

If Maggitt is back he needs to have one job. And that's punishing Oregon's QB all game long. Let the rest of the defense handle the other guys. I want #8 punished every drive even when he fakes.

I'm excited to have Maggitt back. When he's healthy, he's an animal.

I'm curious to see J. Smith too. The coaches seemed high on him, and he was my pick to be the breakout senior of the year (although D. Sapp may be winning that award). If he finally puts it together, our defense has the potential to be filthy (at least by recent Tennessee standards).

I rewatched that Stanford game on YouTube a while back. I came away very impressed with the speed and depth of Stanford's defense. I don't think we have the horses to do what they did, unfortunately.

I could see on a good day us holding them to around 40, if we slow the game down somehow.

Agree!! Watched it too. Stanford's front 7 was beastly. Our front 7 doesn't compare, jmo. Thus, our db's will be exposed. Hope that's not the case, though.

If Maggitt is back he needs to have one job. And that's punishing Oregon's QB all game long. Let the rest of the defense handle the other guys. I want #8 punished every drive even when he fakes.

I'll never forget Maggit in that NC state game. When he went after that ginger quarterback it was impressive, his closing speed caught me off guard. Hope he's still got that extra gear.

I wouldn't mind seeing us redshirt maggitt. Even before his ACl he hasn't been 100% healthy in a long time. Let's get him 100% and have him coming odd the edge in 2015 when Butch makes his first run for Atlanta. JMO.

Dillon Bates nor Brent Brewer run a 4.43 40.

Excuse me, I was off by one tenth of a second on one and eight one thousandths on another...

Dillon runs a 4.51, Brewer ran a 4.54, most recently BUT did, in fact, (allegedly) run a 4.4 when he was a high schooler, before he went pro baseball, at the Nike training camp in Athens.

So...pardon me for being off by such a monumental amount of time.

I wouldn't mind seeing us redshirt maggitt. Even before his ACl he hasn't been 100% healthy in a long time. Let's get him 100% and have him coming odd the edge in 2015 when Butch makes his first run for Atlanta. JMO.

We need Maggitt this year. Recruiting will take care of our 2015 needs.

What makes you think he would stay for his senior yr?

We've got some pretty good LB recruits in the pipeline... We need help shoreing things up now.

Freak posted this in another thread and figured I'd post it here in case you missed it. You simply must watch this one play. It is the perfect example of how much better this team is coached this year compared to last.

http://www.youtube.com/v/5SZ-oi3louo&feature=youtu.be

Not a single one of them moved an inch after Stone snapped it to draw the flag. Attention to detail. Butch has it for sure. Honestly, I didn't think anything of it during the game but glad it was brought up and I saw it again. Little things like this didn't happen under last coach. Thanks for sharing, Freak.

Reactions: 2 people
Dooley wasn't our coach back then. It was Kiffin. I think I remember everyone making excuses for Monte saying he has never seen a spread in the NFL so he didn't know how to adjust.
If you are talking about the last Oregon game, you are 100% wrong, that was Dooley.

What makes you think he would stay for his senior yr?

He hasn't been productive enough yet to declare early. Not saying that wouldn't be a possibility. I'm not saying that I would redshirt him no matter what. Only if he isn't 100% like the 2nd half of nc state till the mizzou game last year.

Freak posted this in another thread and figured I'd post it here in case you missed it. You simply must watch this one play. It is the perfect example of how much better this team is coached this year compared to last.

http://www.youtube.com/v/5SZ-oi3louo&feature=youtu.be

Not a single one of them moved an inch after Stone snapped it to draw the flag. Attention to detail. Butch has it for sure. Honestly, I didn't think anything of it during the game but glad it was brought up and I saw it again. Little things like this didn't happen under last coach. Thanks for sharing, Freak.

wow...

Need to start developing my Florida Gator message board identity so I can suddenly become an "OG" when Muschamp bolts to Texas.

I just watched all of the defensive plays...I hate to say it, but AJ just doesn't look the part to me. I love it that he is a VFL, don't get me wrong. But if you put a different color jersey on him, everyone in here would be laughing at anyone that said he would leave early to go to the NFL. He is kind of like the defensive Rajion...doesn't seem like he likes contact. Runs up to fill the hole and then dances in the hole and grabs, instead of continuing his momentum and initiating contact. That's why the RB almost always falls forward when AJ tackles. And he has a horrible habit of running around blocks or backing up when OL comes at him. He took himself out of quite a few plays with bad habits. Love him to death, but in my amateur opinion, he has a lot of his game that he needs to work on. Not going to discuss his pass coverage abilities.

I haven't noticed him shy from contact but the rest pretty much backs everything I've said about him being a coverage liability, which I've thought since going back to last season, as well as thinking he's just not ready for the NFL.

I actually thought that AJJ would be one of the biggest beneficiaries from converting to a 3-4 last year, at least after a full season under his belt, because I thought he was an ideal MLB in a 3-4. It would mitigate his pass coverage liabilities but really showcase his run-stuffing skills...JMO.

I haven't noticed him shy from contact but the rest pretty much backs everything I've said about him being a coverage liability, which I've thought since going back to last season, as well as thinking he's just not ready for the NFL.

I actually thought that AJJ would be one of the biggest beneficiaries from converting to a 3-4 last year, at least after a full season under his belt, because I thought he was an ideal MLB in a 3-4. It would mitigate his pass coverage liabilities but really showcase his run-stuffing skills...JMO.

What RBs has he just stopped in their tracks? At his size he should be hell coming downhill but I haven't seen him smash a RB yet. I watched MLBs at LSU, Bama, UGA, and Florida come down on RBs with all kinds of nastiness. Our 245lb LB runs up and reaches at runners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back