Crootin Forum: Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
im of the people that believe weve been hiding our playbook through both games just to open it up against Oregon. when we first heard about the 2 and 3 TE sets, the FB and the Wildcat, everyone was saying they couldnt wait to see it against WKU. i was the one saying we would wait to use them against Oregon because it will probably take power football to beat them

I don’t think the system/playbook is any different from the film Oregon will watch of Cincinnati or Western Michigan during CBJ’S tenure at these programs. If you look his system and playbook has followed him to all three schools. Sure you may have “wrinkle” or two but for the most part, I hate to disappoint folks but I don’t think we are hiding anything. I think we are playing within our capabilities at the moment and our strengths. Another point to prove the system hasn’t changed is the quote from CBJ today about the blocked punt. He stated they have only had 2 blocked punts in the past 15 years lining up with that punt protection. His entire system is his system in all phases of the game.

Duck_Hunt_Dog_by_8_bit_Painter.jpg

Reactions: 7 people
I just watched all of the defensive plays...I hate to say it, but AJ just doesn't look the part to me. I love it that he is a VFL, don't get me wrong. But if you put a different color jersey on him, everyone in here would be laughing at anyone that said he would leave early to go to the NFL. He is kind of like the defensive Rajion...doesn't seem like he likes contact. Runs up to fill the hole and then dances in the hole and grabs, instead of continuing his momentum and initiating contact. That's why the RB almost always falls forward when AJ tackles. And he has a horrible habit of running around blocks or backing up when OL comes at him. He took himself out of quite a few plays with bad habits. Love him to death, but in my amateur opinion, he has a lot of his game that he needs to work on. Not going to discuss his pass coverage abilities.

Reactions: 1 person
Please indulge my OCD. I changed the .gif I posted on last page to the one shown above. In re-watching the initial one, it looks like the guy in it may drop some profanity, which I personally don't use. So wanted to clear my conscience and apologize.

Anyways carry on.

I'm sending your name in for an upgrade to 5.8 and your 4th star. I like what I see out on the field. Good vision and lateral mobility. Let us know if Freak approves.

Reactions: 1 person
From Butch.

We just slowed it down to give our defense a break. Playing great defense is also at times an offense protecting its defense. We wanted to slow the game down a little bit. We knew WKU had an explosive offense.

Lol!!!!

Got hammered for asking if CBJ might employ this strategy against WKU! Where are all those posters that somehow thought is wasn't a fair question???

Reactions: 3 people
Hey guys, just been thinking about this.

Think we may try to establish the run game this saturday early on in an effort to keep Oregon's offense off the field? I hope we do and can.

Think we may try to establish the run game this saturday early on in an effort to keep Oregon's offense off the field? I hope we do and can.

Lord knows we ain't gonna sling it around to keep up with em

Lord knows we ain't gonna sling it around to keep up with em

We could try to jump out to an early lead and keep tacking stuff on using downfield throws.

I am asking you, WOO TANG, if you think we might try to establish the run game? I don't think that's too unfair of a question.

Some serious backward thinking here(I know most here think I am always that way).

I think the key to us staying in the game is us losing the time of possession game.

If they have anywhere close to 30min for them is good for us.

Make them drive to score

Last edited:
Lol I wouldn't be surprised. But my uf friend says they are screwed is driskel gets hurt. But our luck the backup would be another Johnny football

Listening to what some of our esteemed Florida visitors say on this site, I'm not so sure UT should want Driskell out of the game...

This is the dumbest idea I heard since last week. Somebody suggested something similar last week and it was just as ludicrous!

:p

We could try to jump out to an early lead and keep tacking stuff on using downfield throws.

I am asking you, WOO TANG, if you think we might try to establish the run game? I don't think that's too unfair of a question.

Lol I was messing with you broski. Yeah, we are gonna have to establish that to even have a chance. Slows their pace down and gives our D some rest.

Lol!!!!

Got hammered for asking if CBJ might employ this strategy against WKU! Where are all those posters that somehow thought is wasn't a fair question???

No..You got hammered for being a loathesome deborah downer. Your example was silly and you usually see the worst in good things.

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back