Crootin Forum: Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I could've gotten these in on the first page. Oh well, better late than never.

Attachments

• saban kitty.jpg
    saban kitty.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 747
  • saban mullet.jpeg
    saban mullet.jpeg
    9 KB · Views: 743
Reactions: 5 people
Anyone else got a boner for Butch? No homo.

tumblr_mky7o7epv21rqfhi2o1_400.gif

Reactions: 8 people
One of those plays where you look at it and are thankful the Sentimore leg whip did not take out Lathers right knee. Brewer put it on that poor RB. Need to see more of that this year.

I thought our D was going to be nasty after that game. NC State wasn't prepared for the blitzes. But after UF exposed it in the second half, we were toast. Sunseri couldn't adjust, and apparently didn't understand the concept of having a defender cover the middle of the field.

They just virtually said it's an interesting story going from volleyball to football and is a good risk

Saw this post from Wu on last page of V about Quinn

Wu, did they happen to say anything about why the coaches went from targeting Vandenberg first and then deciding to go after Quinn instead?

I don't know of anything that would make Vandenberg seem like a bad risk......Oh wait, never mind. I totally forgot he's facing 100+ years right now in a Davidson county jail. :banghead2:

This is just speculation but I wonder if our coaches may have noticed some possible character flaws with Vandenberg and decided his risks off the field/in the locker room were greater than the risk with Quinn on the field.

I'm pretty sure a kid's character is important to Butch & Co when recruiting. I'm also pretty sure some coaches could basically care less as long as he helps win games. I can think of a few coaches that seem that way.

Perfectly fine tackle, but with the rules developed, I wouldn't be surprised to see quite a few blown calls claiming that's a penalty.

I'm expecting quite a few amazing tackles resulting in penalties due to overenforcing new safety rules.

Perfectly fine tackle, but with the rules developed, I wouldn't be surprised to see quite a few blown calls claiming that's a penalty.

Disagree

Not even close to leaving his feet, or leading with the head.

Textbook

I agree. Especially the way helmets are popping off in today's football.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKi6wd1_-d0[/youtube]

Because it's fun to watch.

Wasn't fun to watch at all, IMO.

Extremely too many missed tackles in that short video. If our defenders cannot consistently tackle the Hills, Picketts, & Devrin Youngs of the world, then there possibly could be a problem. Those tackling efforts won't cut it in the SEC.

I realize that was just the 1st full pre-season scrimmage, but those mistakes need to be corrected ASAP.

Tackling like that is what aided the formation of the worst defense in UT football history. Luckily, tackling can usually be somewhat corrected through coaching & practice. Let's hope it improves.

If that video was mostly highlights of tackles the critique would be how our running game sucks and you can't win in the SEC without a running game. It's the positive/negative part of scrimmages. The fact is that our OL is elite and our RB's are veterans, it would be much more concerning to me if we didn't hear about OL and RB's dominating the first scrimmage. Plus, don't forget 3 of our best DL didn't participate. I liked that our QB's didn't throw any INT's, that's really good to hear.

I like how Butch talked about this week will be focusing on tackling, DL improvement and WR drops. And I don't think that's coach speak. I think the DL and WR's are in for some extra intense upcoming practices. About time we had some real coaching going on. These players will improve or sit on the bench come kickoff.

Reactions: 3 people
Are we seriously taking a highlight of 2-3 minutes and critiquing it like its the full film? :no:

If that video was mostly highlights of tackles the critique would be how our running game sucks and you can't win in the SEC without a running game. It's the positive/negative part of scrimmages. The fact is that our OL is elite and our RB's are veterans, it would be much more concerning to me if we didn't hear about OL and RB's dominating the first scrimmage. Plus, don't forget 3 of our best DL didn't participate. I liked that our QB's didn't throw any INT's, that's really good to hear.

I like how Butch talked about this week will be focusing on tackling, DL improvement and WR drops. And I don't think that's coach speak. I think the DL and WR's are in for some extra intense upcoming practices. About time we had some real coaching going on. These players will improve or sit on the bench come kickoff.

While I can agree with a lot of this, Flowd is right. If we can't stop Alden Hill, how in the world can we stop Yeldon, Gurled, M. Davis, etc. Luckily, like Flowd said, tackling is one of the most correctable things in football with good coaching, and we seem to have that.

Reactions: 1 person
While I can agree with a lot of this, Flowd is right. If we can't stop Alden Hill, how in the world can we stop Yeldon, Gurled, M. Davis, etc. Luckily, like Flowd said, tackling is one of the most correctable things in football with good coaching, and we seem to have that.

I agree. But our defensive players won't face a better OL than they do in practice everyday. They'll get better.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back