Crompton on The Zone

Nothing but respect for Crompdaddy. He shouldered an enormous amount of pressure and kept trying to find a way out of his slump. It seems Kiffin pointed the way to him.

Reactions: 1 person
Crompton LOVES Kiffin and is talking up his recruiting being so incredible.

Guess he doesn't realize that the guys he was recruiting were never going to pan out at Tennessee.

He should love kiffin outside of cutcliff, kiffin was the best coach he had on the hill.

Theres no way of knowing that unless kiffin had stayed, everyone failed under dooley.

I agree. Hes a great young man. If Id taken that much abuse, I'd probably mooned the stadium with double birds that would put Bud Adams to shame...

Frankly, Jon is one QB that Cut didn't do such a great job with. Word was Cut was a Coleman guy.

A lot of people give Crompton grief, but he went through a lot of crap. He endured multiple coaching changes with different offenses. Many people probably didn't read a particular article during his senior year, but it was about him and His relationship with God. Before halfway through senior year, he had nothing and was struggling with so many things in life. He didn't know who he was anymore, especially after receiving multiple threats (including death threats) after a horrific season in 08. About a week or two before the UGA game in 09, he was talking with Tony Woods and some other players and he decided to be saved that night. After that, his life began going uphill. I seriously don't doubt that part of the reason he became night and day better from that UGA game on out was because of that. He had found the greatest hope, and that was through Christ who gives him strength. After reading that about him, I gained so much respect for him, and I'm glad he was able to continue a nice career in the CFL.

Reactions: 18 people
Nothing but respect for Crompdaddy. He shouldered an enormous amount of pressure and kept trying to find a way out of his slump. It seems Kiffin pointed the way to him.

The best thing Kiffin did for Crompton (aside from an apparent good job of coaching him up) was to stick by him through those first 4 games or so, until he got to that Georgia game when he just carved up the Dogs with that little tight end drag pass route. After that game, Crompton was one of the top two or three quarterbacks in the conference that year.

The best thing Kiffin did for Crompton (aside from an apparent good job of coaching him up) was to stick by him through those first 4 games or so, until he got to that Georgia game when he just carved up the Dogs with that little tight end drag pass route. After that game, Crompton was one of the top two or three quarterbacks in the conference that year.

He's a qb we rarely talk about, but he really did have a pretty darn good senior year

Reactions: 2 people
After football, he needs to audition for a role on Game of Thrones. Maybe as Cromptavius the Spearthrower.

1409930057000-crompton.jpg

Is it just me or does this dude have the most vacant expression.

That is one thing Kiffin did do well. If you remember though, Crompton had a rough first 2-3 games of that season, then a light switch just turned on for him.

He was a heisman candidate during the uga game!

Heard the interview and Crompton never said anything negative other than a small diss at the Clawfense and Dave Clawsen. Otherwise he was ver complementary and loved Kiiffin. He says he has played under 10 different offenses in the last 10 years. Having a really good career in the CFL. Also said he would like to coach when his playing days are over.

Reactions: 2 people
A lot of people give Crompton grief, but he went through a lot of crap. He endured multiple coaching changes with different offenses. Many people probably didn't read a particular article during his senior year, but it was about him and His relationship with God. Before halfway through senior year, he had nothing and was struggling with so many things in life. He didn't know who he was anymore, especially after receiving multiple threats (including death threats) after a horrific season in 08. About a week or two before the UGA game in 09, he was talking with Tony Woods and some other players and he decided to be saved that night. After that, his life began going uphill. I seriously don't doubt that part of the reason he became night and day better from that UGA game on out was because of that. He had found the greatest hope, and that was through Christ who gives him strength. After reading that about him, I gained so much respect for him, and I'm glad he was able to continue a nice career in the CFL.

Great post, thank you for sharing.

If it wasnt for Crompton and Kiffin we may not have Martinez, who is a pretty good recruiter and thus fat looks like a good position coach

Had not heard this, but very thankful you shared.

Kind of like the 2008 Auburn game. (Sorry Cromp, had to do it)

He was even worse against Auburn under Kiffin in '09...and his three picks vs UCLA in '09 basically cost us the game. I don't understand the people who want to talk about this alleged great turnaround under Kiff. Even in the Georgia game he threw another pick 6.

He catches a lot of grief, but have a little perspective. He had a much better senior season than a lot of qbs we've had. Andy Kelly for one

He was even worse against Auburn under Kiffin in '09...and his three picks vs UCLA in '09 basically cost us the game. I don't understand the people who want to talk about this alleged great turnaround under Kiff. Even in the Georgia game he threw another pick 6.

I'll give him a little more credit than that, but I agree slightly.. Crompton had all the physical tools, but the game never slowed down for him. It wasn't that Crompton really turned things around as much as he just finally became serviceable.

VN Store

Back