Crime and the United States

because we aren't at war. different rules apply to war. and typically in war a government is not going to be actively targeting its own citizens.

civil war would be the exception.
I'd argue that a civilized society based on morals and rule of law is always at war against criminals and those that dont abide by those morals or laws..

I don't think I am capable of answering that question. I think of life as a precious gift. So, for me the death penalty is the ultimate way to punish because we are removing the most precious thing a person has. But not everyone (including brutal criminals) feel that way. I suspect some of those would rather die than spend life in prison. Like I said earlier, not an easy issue to consider.

Death is preferable to even 20 years in prison at a max or supermax facility which is where anyone who killed somebody is going.

At 18 or 21 years old in my prime with my whole life ahead of me, i would still gladly take death over 20 years caged like an animal...at the mercy of the monsters that walk among men AND the State which doesnt care at ALL about the wellbeing, safety, or rape of its prisoners. A life sentence without parole would result in suicide for me at any age. I got locked up for a bit as a teenager 30 years ago and have never been in any trouble since. Got in fights all the time, spent most of the time in solitary due to that...and I can speak from experience when i say that 1 day in a cage seems to take at least a week to pass. You can only do so much reading and push-ups...and in solitary especially sanity is hard to hang onto. At this age, i would kill myself if i got framed for something and sentenced to 10 years. No way in Hell I am doing 8 and a half years in Hell fellas. Just simply not gonna happen. Fortunately I am a law abiding, God Fearing man now...so unless someone does something terrible to my family member(s), I will never have to worry about this crap. Just wanted to weigh in for anyone thinking a death penalty is the worst thing that can happen to a guy. Its far, far from the worst thing. Promise. I do agree that the State should always have to have DNA evidence, video, witnesses etc and eliminate any doubt before killing a man though.

current thoughts are trending like this...irrefutable evidence from 3 independent sources should be adequate to establish guilt. Ex. Robber kills 4 employees at close. 5th employee survives and can positively ID. Plus store video showing event and clear pic of face, LEO arrives and has body cam footage and arrests the person still in the store.
With AI, such proof can be manufactured. It's not ridiculous to think that false evidence could be used to get rid of political opponents and other obstacles to power and riches.
Now where's my tinfoil cap?

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

VN Store

Back