Crime and the United States

Why even try to enforce laws then..everything is faulty and can be manipulated....
There should be a different level required of you believe the state should take life.

In the end it's not a deterrent and it's more expensive to put someone to death. That's just in case the idea that it could end an innocent life just isn't enough

Reactions: NashVol11
No they’re not lol, that makes no sense. Prison is the exact opposite of the state sponsoring them
If your found guilty of taking a life and get to live yours either in jail for life more more recently out among the public...the state is responsible for those murders if the killer is walking free..IMO

There should be a different level required of you believe the state should take life.

In the end it's not a deterrent and it's more expensive to put someone to death. That's just in case the idea that it could end an innocent life just isn't enough
I'm fine different levels of proof needed...I also think that hangings or firing squad should be implemented...it's much cheaper

If your found guilty of taking a life and get to live yours either in jail for life more more recently out among the public...the state is responsible for those murders if the killer is walking free..IMO
So every crime that results in taking a life should get the exact same penalty of at least life in prison?

"Better that 10 guilty persons escape, than 1 innocent person suffer"

William Blackstone
So we are back to why enforce laws? If your worried about an innocent person being convicted then why accuse anyone of anything?

No it's not. That's as ridiculous as LG believing that if your gun is stolen and used in a crime you should be punished.

So we are back to why enforce laws? If your worried about an innocent person being convicted then why accuse anyone of anything?

Everyone should be worried about an innocent being convicted just like everyone should be appalled by the thought of an innocent being put to death. At least with a conviction and prison sentence that wrong can be corrected.

No it's not. That's as ridiculous as LG believing that if your gun is stolen and used in a crime you should be punished.
So if I kill your wife and children...you think the worse I deserve it a bed, 3 hot meals, cable TV, full library, ability to get a degree and a chance to get out and reoffend..while your life is ruined and your family is dead...seems like the state allowed your family be killed while making you pay for it, and allowing the killer to live better then some innocents. And I was a guard at a federal prison before ..

So if I kill your wife and children...you think the worse I deserve it a bed, 3 hot meals, cable TV, full library, ability to get a degree and a chance to get out and reoffend..while your life is ruined and your family is dead...seems like the state allowed your family be killed while making you pay for it, and allowing the killer to live better then some innocents. And I was a guard at a federal prison before ..

I would think you deserve to die, but not at the hand of the state.

I would think you deserve to die, but not at the hand of the state.
By who's hand then?
And it strange to see you so worried about what is about 2-5% of cases. While supporting Israel killing Palestinians (btw I have no issue with IDF responses) giving that those Palestinians are not proven to be guilty...why do some innocents get your concern and not all?

LOL

Vigilante justice, I like it. Should we go with that system for all crimes?
Lol we are on our way...but no laws should be applied fairly across the board.. I think most family victims of an car accident death would understand that it's an accident and unless it's a repeating occurrence would let them survive...some won't im sure

While supporting Israel killing Palestinians (btw I have no issue with IDF responses) giving that those Palestinians are not proven to be guilty...why do some innocents get your concern and not all?
michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

Reactions: EasternVol
By who's hand then?
And it strange to see you so worried about what is about 2-5% of cases. While supporting Israel killing Palestinians (btw I have no issue with IDF responses) giving that those Palestinians are not proven to be guilty...why do some innocents get your concern and not all?

Strange? How so? I support freedom and liberty, I find it appalling that even 1 innocent person can end up in prison let alone executed.

You have it wrong. I don't "support" Israel killing Palestinians, I support Israel securing their territory, retrieving their hostages and eliminating terrorists.

Strange? How so? I support freedom and liberty, I find it appalling that even 1 innocent person can end up in prison let alone executed.

You have it wrong. I don't "support" Israel killing Palestinians, I support Israel securing their territory, retrieving their hostages and eliminating terrorists.
Then why can't we secure our society from killers terrorizing society...btw this isn't a gotcha, I'm trying understand the defense of one vs other..cuz while I agree with IDF I also understand that some innocent have been killed. Collateral damage from enforcing laws to ensure freedom and liberty...I think we just disagree no biggie

Then why can't we secure our society from killers terrorizing society...btw this isn't a gotcha, I'm trying understand the defense of one vs other..cuz while I agree with IDF I also understand that some innocent have been killed. Collateral damage from enforcing laws to ensure freedom and liberty...I think we just disagree no biggie

It's not freedom and liberty when we accept collateral damage on our freedom and liberty.

We can't completely secure our society from killers and maintain our freedom and liberty. I hear there is almost no crime in North Korea.

It's not freedom and liberty when we accept collateral damage on our freedom and liberty.

We can't completely secure our society from killers and maintain our freedom and liberty. I hear there is almost no crime in North Korea.
Is not an accidental death from a car accident collateral damage of driving?
Your right, there is no 100% way to secure society from killers,but harsh penalties will disuede more from killing then innocent sent to death... similar argument to gun ownership....guns will get stolen and lives taken. It collateral damage of gun ownership..living free means sometimes innocents will die others that willing murder deserve to die. Same way losing a hand discourages theft...

A wrongfully convicted person put to death is simply collateral damage in a just society? Really?

VN Store

Back