Crazy story told by Grant Williams about Rick Barnes

The older we get, the tougher it was, and the older we get, the better we were.

It was tougher. And we were better.

These sissified whippersnappers wouldn’t have stood a chance at august football practice two -a-days in South Carolina in 1982. Or in 1972.
Or out in Junction, Texas. And, I can guarantee you not too many of ‘em would have even been able to earn the privilege of suiting up for Robert Neyland.
And we didn’t lock the doors, and we didn’t have our local Walgreens locking up half the items in the store. Girls could still cook and still would.
😂 I could go on all day.

My son played college baseball. When he was a sophomore, 5 freshmen skipped class--a strict rule of the coach. That afternoon after practice, the coach told the freshmen to go stand on the pitchers mound. Then, he had the rest of the team run poles until they puked. The freshmen were crying as player after player upchucked. The upper classmen never said anything about it to them. They never missed another class. The lesson learned: when you screw up, you hurt your teammates.

1711679122515.gif

Reactions: Volprofch05
Ah, the classic BS of "my generation is so much better than this new generation". Tale as old as time.

It's recorded as far back as 4 BC.

Check out this link, has a video of quotes going from 2001 to 4th century BC:

Code:
https://imgur.com/gallery/DhFd69R

Ah, the classic BS of "my generation is so much better than this new generation". Tale as old as time.

Code:
I don’t think there’s any doubt that the 80s & 90s were better times. Social media wasn’t around and people were generally happier for the most part. Not nearly as many mental health issues & didn’t live in a woke world where everyone is worried about “feelings”

I don’t think there’s any doubt that the 80s & 90s were better times. Social media wasn’t around and people were generally happier for the most part. Not nearly as many mental health issues & didn’t live in a woke world where everyone is worried about “feelings”

There were a lot of mental health issues in the 1980s. Reagan had just shut down the psychiatric hospitals and many of those patients were living on the streets. But he redeemed himself by killing off the USSR and what not.

Code:
Why do you disbelieve these people? Some generations actually do have it worse than the one before them. This has demonstrably happened many times over in history.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
Why do you disbelieve these people? Some generations actually do have it worse than the one before them. This has demonstrably happened many times over in history.
Well if all of those are accurate, sounds like each generation needs to work on returning to being as good as 4th century BC and how incredibly far behind of them we must be instead of worrying about the ever so slightly(relative) worse generation in front of them. Whole lot of pot calling the kettle black otherwise.

Well if all of those are accurate, sounds like each generation needs to work on returning to being as good as 4th century BC and how incredibly far behind of them we must be instead of worrying about the ever so slightly(relative) worse generation in front of them. Whole lot of pot calling the kettle black otherwise.
You missed my point. Many generations are worse than the one before it just as many generations are better than the one before it. Decadence corrupts but hard times often make people better. The greatest generation succeeded the lost generation.

It was tougher. And we were better.

These sissified whippersnappers wouldn’t have stood a chance at august football practice two -a-days in South Carolina in 1982. Or in 1972.
Or out in Junction, Texas. And, I can guarantee you not too many of ‘em would have even been able to earn the privilege of suiting up for Robert Neyland.
And we didn’t lock the doors, and we didn’t have our local Walgreens locking up half the items in the store. Girls could still cook and still would.
😂 I could go on all day.

Please don't.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT

VN Store

Back