Crazy story told by Grant Williams about Rick Barnes

I remember the '80s as a time of latchkey kids growing up in broken homes amid widespread moral degradation, all while nuclear Armageddon dangled over our heads like the sword of Damocles. Halcyon days those were not.

Also despite people wailing about crime nowadays, it was higher in the 80s and 90s. Like MUCH higher.

When he wasn't acting out like a felon destroying private and public property.
Dude, Jesus owns EVERYTHING a priori. There is no such thing as private property when he is concerned. Everything any of us „owns“ is at best borrowed from Him

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Dude, Jesus owns EVERYTHING a priori. There is no such thing as private property when he is concerned. Everything any of us „owns“ is at best borrowed from Him
Cool. Tell Jesus to pay my property taxes and insurance.

I agree. The one I actually hated was the best one for me. He saw in me what I couldn’t see. I would have never been what I became without him.
This! The most despised coach I had in college turned out to be the very best which taught me fundamentals and how to become a total team player. At the end of my playing time there did I then began to appreciate him.

His faux shock is silly and shouldn’t be hosting a show discussing anything related to sports if that truly surprises him. Nearly every coach I played for and coached with has implemented some version of this. My older brother played for a coach who would use a belt on them when they screwed up lol not sure you could do that now though
In high school our coach would make those guys run poles and hit fly balls at them

This! The most despised coach I had in college turned out to be the very best which taught me fundamentals and how to become a total team player. At the end of my playing time there did I then began to appreciate him.
That was the best approach by far. These days though, with so many young men coming from broken homes or tough situations a coach often had to also fulfill the role of father figure, counselor, friend, and life mentor.
I get the sense that Tennessee is blessed in having a set of coaches in all the major sports who can fulfill those multiple roles. It is a rare ability

Sports and discipline were so different in the 80s when I graduated

I played HS football. There was one hose bib on the side of a utility out building where we lined up to drink from our hands to try to stay hydrated

Reactions: walkenvol
I ran into my old high school baseball coach recently. He said you couldn't coach now like he coached us back in the day or they would put you in jail. Run till you puke and then run some more. He made us a state ranked team that made the Final Four and more importantly it helped make men out of us. Everytime I hear somebody say that guys gonna be great coach because he's a player's coach I know that team is about to suck. Great coaches are not always fun to play for.
So you must know that with heupel, Tennessee is gonna suck then, since tons have called him a players’ coach… Lol at you guys who think you’re tough because your redneck coach made you run sprints without a water break. 😂

Reactions: swchandler1988

VN Store

Back