Could it be Chaney?

Just poking at y’all , we have great friends on both sides. I was a Devil and can remember some great games back in the day. It’s hard to get used to the “Panthers and Bulldogs”

So hard to get used to! Graduated in 1993 and have great memories of that rivalry before all of the name changes. Good times!

If Cheney can’t get it done with the talent Georgia has, how well do you think he would to with Tennessee’s?

They were trying to run too much against a stacked line to stop the run. All they had to do is complete a few 2 or 3 step drop back and passes and they we have had to back off the line. And if the didnt march right down the field. They were daring ga to pass.

They were trying to run too much against a stacked line to stop the run. All they had to do is complete a few 2 or 3 step drop back and passes and they we have had to back off the line. And if the didnt march right down the field. They were daring ga to pass.

He has been doing that stuff all season, just easier to pull off against mediocre and bad teams. No imagination and no in game adjustments.

Buck Belue on 680 today: aside from passing blame around to the players for not showing up he specifically called out Cheney as failing in his game plan and adjustments once again. Paraphrasing here....he wasn't ready for the blitz package, was very slow to adjust when it happened, and once again failed in his overall gameplan.

This is what I was saying about CHENEY in my earlier posts...

It was OBVIOUS that UGA's players were not motivated and ready for this game mentally...and Texas was. Texas deserved to win....but they definitely were NOT the better team. Their DC just out-prepared and out-coached Cheney.

And once again--if you dudes who want CHENEY so much can't understand from watching the games this year--LSU, BAMA, and now TX--that CHENEY has reached his ceiling and is outmatched against elite teams--I just cannot help you.

Reactions: 4chrissy
Not true, Cheney is a top 10 OC in college football and we’re here debating about who his claim to fame is. He has developed more qb’s to the NFL than most. Bree’s is the big name yes, but he can point to Brandon Allen, Tyler Bray as well. His offense has been good at every stop.

LOLOL!!! Brees.....Brees.....Brees..... and just who else???

And I don't think that UGA is extending or renewing his contract--no? They've wised up about him....

It was OBVIOUS that UGA's players were not motivated and ready for this game mentally...and Texas was. Texas deserved to win....but they definitely were NOT the better team. Their DC just out-prepared and out-coached Cheney.

And once again--if you dudes who want CHENEY so much can't understand from watching the games this year--LSU, BAMA, and now TX--that CHENEY has reached his ceiling and is outmatched against elite teams--I just cannot help you.

So, who do you think we should get?

Reactions: NCFisher

I feel sorry for you. Chaney is a top notch OC, if you can’t see that, I just cannot help you.

He has a lifetime 29.2 ppg scoring average - which would be 64th in the country this year. Middle of the pack. Don't get the love for him, except a lot of UT fans love to remember 2012 and completely forget 2011. Selective memory, rather than judging the entire resume.

I agree. I have to believe some of these posters are extremely young and do not remember the years we dominated Bama.

Those were also their down years. All we mean by "not recruit like "Bama" is what they're doing right now, aka top #1/2 class for 4+ years straight. We've never done that.

Chaney needs a loottt of talent to bust open the floodgates. Would rather our oc not NEED that to be successful.

Last edited:
Reactions: cgrish
If this crap rumor is true , regarding dipping into division II, it’s upsetting and contradictory to what was referenced regarding criteria, as far as proven recruiter and play caller in the sec.

Whose criteria is that? Clearly not Pruitt's, ie Yurcich, Briles, etc.

Besides, Yurcich was plucked from D2. Many would be fine with Osovet. Good offensive minds are everywhere and often much of the innovation comes from lower levels anyway (Osovet innovated the RPO).

Reactions: k-town_king

Besides, Yurcich was plucked from D2. Many would be fine with Osovet. Good offensive minds are everywhere and often much of the innovation comes from lower levels anyway (Osovet innovated the RPO).

Osvet put his spin on the RPO, he didn’t invent it. Granted he could help us put it into an existing O.

Chaney is not perfect, he may not beat the best in the biggest game. He is very good and could win us a lot of games until we could get a better OC.

I didn’t think his game plan aginst TX was that bad. GA just needed fo the QB and receivers to hit on a few pass plays and they stunk it up. Fromm was awful and receivers dropped everything close. The Oline looked young and soft, or didn’t come to play.

i Just remember pruitt saying he wanted a proven recruiter and play caller in the sec , if i remember correctly. Not saying D2 is bad, but certainly they would not come right in and be able to recruit at an sec level and would not be proven sec play callers. I've lost faith in the hire and its frustrating. It seems like they are just trying to figure who will put up the least resistance when told what to run. jmo

Chaney is not perfect, he may not beat the best in the biggest game. He is very good and could win us a lot of games until we could get a better OC.

I didn’t think his game plan aginst TX was that bad. GA just needed fo the QB and receivers to hit on a few pass plays and they stunk it up. Fromm was awful and receivers dropped everything close. The Oline looked young and soft, or didn’t come to play.
This mentions it could be...

Tennessee Vols morning report: OC interviews, Grant Williams SI feature

i Just remember pruitt saying he wanted a proven recruiter and play caller in the sec , if i remember correctly. Not saying D2 is bad, but certainly they would not come right in and be able to recruit at an sec level and would not be proven sec play callers. I've lost faith in the hire and its frustrating. It seems like they are just trying to figure who will put up the least resistance when told what to run. jmo
You remember PRUITT saying that? Or did we get it from VQ?

I don’t put all the blame on Cheney, those guys didn’t want to be in that game.

Wasn’t the only game offense came out dead and flat. Living with 3 Dawgs I watched every down of every game and did not see a whole lot from Cheney’s offense, especially with the talent he had to work with.

VN Store

Back