Could Duke beat Tennessee?

It feels like I remember reading somewhere after the whole Kiffin ordeal that Cut wanted to bring his assistants and was told no....

I can't remember if I read that somewhere reputable or it was just some post on here or something....so take it with a grain of salt

Yea...I think I remeber something along those lines. The current assistants were still under contract or somethin'. Plus, Hamilton was still AD. :mad:

Reactions: 2 people
Actually, Duke is 13-14-2 all time against Tennessee (including wins in 76, 82 and 88).

It's not as crazy as you think for this year's Duke team to be favored and to win unless we played a lot better than we did last night.

You people need to stop living in the past. Cut has a good football team that he has built from the ground up. Its not your daddys Duke team and it ain't your daddy's Vandy either.

The assumption is that a ranked team would be favored over an unranked team. Since Duke, at 9-2, is ranked #24, it is natural to think that they are better than the Vols. But truthfully, how many people around here believe Duke could beat Tennessee this year? I have not seen them play and have no idea what they are like, but to think that even in a down year like this one we would be underdogs to Duke just blows my mind.

Absolutely!!!!!! They would/could walk all over us right now. I've watched them play and it's amazing what Coach Cutcliffe has done with that program. I used to only watch their basketball, but since he's been their football coach, yea, it's pretty amazing! They are the ONLY ACC team I follow.

Absolutely!!!!!! They would/could walk all over us right now. I've watched them play and it's amazing what Coach Cutcliffe has done with that program. I used to only watch their basketball, but since he's been their football coach, yea, it's pretty amazing! They are the ONLY ACC team I follow.

Ehhh...they might. But let's remember, the ACC is awful and has been for years.

If that Duke team was in the SEC, probably 7-5 at best.

Reactions: 1 person

If that Duke team was in the SEC, probably 7-5 at best.[/

I'll give you the 1st part ALL DAY LONG!!! However, Better record than us right now.

I still think CBJ can do this. This is the team that Lame and Doofus started. Great kids but not coached well at all!

If that Duke team was in the SEC, probably 7-5 at best.[/

I'll give you the 1st part ALL DAY LONG!!! However, Better record than us right now.

I still think CBJ can do this. This is the team that Lame and Doofus started. Great kids but not coached well at all!

Gotcha. We're on the same page.

Reactions: 2 people
Yes....unfortunately Duke would win this year. I don't think a Cut coached Duke team would give us all the opportunities Vandy did last night, and even if they did I don't think we'd be able to exploit them.

It is a pretty old expression, just a combination of "doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure it out" and "doesn't take a rocket scientist to..." and so on.

Yeah..I didn't make that up. That was some other smart a$$. Just an expression "rocket surgeon" I use to really describe the cream of the crop. VN is amazing. We have the dumbest fanbase on the planet save probably Bama.

It absolutely amazes me on a daily basis. I am not colllege educated...don't hold a degree anyway. Sad thing is you don't need one to be able to speak English. Most on this site can't differentiate freaking HOMONYMS meaning. There/their/they're. Or your/you're its embarrassing. Let the morons rip me...I don't care. You don't even need to graduate HS...didn't need to pay attention in Junior High...if you just effing paid attention alllllllll the way up to 6th grade you would have enough command of the english language to separate WORDS THAT SOUND THE SAME (HOMONYMS)

In before " you're post has run-on sentences and poor punctuation..." no sh!t... this isn't a masters thesis. Its a rant. This country is so screwed...the morons are in charge and apathy is rampant. Just cut me a check Owebama...kick the can a little further down the road. What a dam& joke.

Reactions: 1 person
I will take the SEC over the ACC in any game. Even SEC teams at the bottom.

Ummm...NO. Since I have sung the fight songs for both Va Tech and North Carolina as a result of loosing wagers I would say not only would we not beat Duke now with this team but those Vol teams would have had issues with them the way they have played this year. I have seen two Duke games in person this year and they are exploiting opposing defenses and although their defense is somewhat suspect we have not proven to be an offensive juggernaut.

We could be beat by ANYBODY at this point. Remember ALL THOSE POSTS before kickoff yesterday...'bout "this is VANDY we are talking about folks...STOP thinking we're gonna lose this game!"

Where are THOSE Goober??!!

I never said that. I thought it would be a close win either way, but I was confident we COULD win. And we nearly did....too bad it only counts in horse shoes.

Vandy is a good team this year, unfortunately.

No really...thank YOU for stopping by. Your contribution was pivotal in adding to the quality of this thread. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Looks you're having a tough year when it comes to sports, but you seem to be just an average idiot who thinks he knows more about sports or coaching than anyone else. Maybe you should understand the fact, this isn't Tennessee of 1998. Many storied programs have gone through times like this, just because Tennessee hasn't seen something like this since way before you were even a glimpse in your mothers eye. You should probably go seek some help. Like asap.

I have to agree that we woukd be winning 8-9 games a year. I would also say we would win games we shoukdn't but we would also lose ganes we shouldn't such as UCLA!

Luckily the BUYOUT POLICE would never let us schedule such a potentially dangerous game! :eek:

VN Store

Back