Could Duke beat Tennessee?

Too many good responses already, so the only thing I could add is that I fully believe they'd beat us like warn out drum.

I've not one time ever said with certainty that any team would flat out beat us. I've said a lot of times that "it will be hard for UT to win this game, but we have a chance."
Boy we sure do have a lot of "UT faithful" in here. I've seen negative thread after negative thread today. Good god people. Get over it and stop bashing your team. Bunch of spoiled babies.
:machgun::machgun::machgun::machgun::machgun::machgun::machgun::machgun::machgun::machgun::machgun:

Reactions: 1 person
I've not one time ever said with certainty that any team would flat out beat us. I've said a lot of times that "it will be hard for UT to win this game, but we have a chance."
Boy we sure do have a lot of "UT faithful" in here. I've seen negative thread after negative thread today. Good god people. Get over it and stop bashing your team. Bunch of spoiled babies.
:machgun::machgun::machgun::machgun::machgun::machgun::machgun::machgun::machgun::machgun::machgun:

Finally...a real, mature post....

*That just so happens to use multitudes of cartoon images of machine gun firing smilie faces to make the mature point

Reactions: 2 people
I just realized why I usually stick to the informational threads rather than reading these steaming pile of crap "what if"... cue negavol threads. Yall have fun basking in your negativeness. GO VOLS!

I just realized why I usually stick to the informational threads rather than reading these steaming pile of crap "what if"... cue negavol threads. Yall have fun basking in your negativeness. GO VOLS!

No really...thank YOU for stopping by. Your contribution was pivotal in adding to the quality of this thread. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

No really...thank YOU for stopping by. Your contribution was pivotal in adding to the quality of this thread. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Oh yes, please excuse me for not contributing to your liking. Let me give this a go so I can be more like you........ let's see... "Duke would steamroll us, Duke by 21, Duke beats us easily, our defense sucks, their offense is awesome, I actually hate the Vols, I don't even know why I'm on this forum, how the hell did I get on Volnation...I'm not even a fan because if I was how could I say all of these horrible things about my team, I must secretly be an Alabama fan."

Is that better buddy? Do I fit in here now friend? Can we be pals again? Was this a little better quality contribution?

Saying Duke would 'crush' UT is quite frankly mind-numbing. Duke is 9-2, sure, but they play in the steaming pile of crap that is the ACC Coastal, played nobody significant in the OOC, and they have had the luxury of playing the two worst Atlantic teams, NC State and Wake, who if you didn't notice, beat Wake Forest by an astronomical 7 points. Yeah, the Vols are bad, and they were blasted by Oregon, Bama, and Auburn, but let's not get carried away, I'd give Duke the win by a score, nothing more than that.

The assumption is that a ranked team would be favored over an unranked team. Since Duke, at 9-2, is ranked #24, it is natural to think that they are better than the Vols. But truthfully, how many people around here believe Duke could beat Tennessee this year? I have not seen them play and have no idea what they are like, but to think that even in a down year like this one we would be underdogs to Duke just blows my mind.

duke would dial us.

Cutcliffe's offensive versus Jancek's defensive, I'd give Cutcliffe about a 17 point advantage in that scenario.

Any given Saturday boys. Teams have their ups and downs. One week we're a fired up squad that whipped up on South Carolina and one week we get beat by Vandy. Hell, Mississippi State hung with Alabama pretty well last week. Every team has off games. It's the nature of the sport. If we played Vandy again next week in Nashville the outcome could be UT winning by 21. I don't think we have a scrub team or scrub coaching staff. I just think it's been a tough season on them mainly due to the schedule. I'm remaining optimistic until I see how next season plays out.
And yes I think we beat Duke.....if we played them at the start of the season and if they stars aligned and we played with heart I think we could beat them now.
This has been a sad day on Volnation btw and I'm hurt reading some of your posts and comments. The loss was bad enough without pulling the legs off a spider.
I agree but it is a day for venting. Let everyone get it off their chests, the sun will rise tomorrow.

After reading all these UT vs. Duke pages, why no love for Cutcliffe as the Head coach at Tennessee? Does the man not want the job?

After reading all these UT vs. Duke pages, why no love for Cutcliffe as the Head coach at Tennessee? Does the man not want the job?

It feels like I remember reading somewhere after the whole Kiffin ordeal that Cut wanted to bring his assistants and was told no....

I can't remember if I read that somewhere reputable or it was just some post on here or something....so take it with a grain of salt

i would bet duke would crush us and score at least 40 points on our lethargic marshmallow defense. we might get 20 points.

VN Store

Back