Coronavirus (No politics)

Huh?

Covid Vaccination in India: Over 50% of adult population in India now fully vaccinated | India News - Times of India

"India accounts for the largest 474.06 million people who are now fully vaccinated, as against the US with 197.07 million"

Biden administration sending 9 million Covid vaccine doses to Africa

There are more than enough vaccines now to go around, including for boosters.
Wrong

Africa's COVID-19 Vaccine Problem Is More Than Just a Shortage of Doses

my mother in law currently has it and is very tired and had 5 days of fever
Never lost smell or taste
Fever broke today

My wife is sick as hell but it’s like a upper respiratory infection or something

I’m so far having no issues

Don’t have to answer but is everyone vaxed

Only one out of me my wife and her mom is vaxed
I am the only one vaxxed - had to for work.

So she is not and neither are the kids.

Funny enough she is excited to have it and get the natural antibodies.

I didn’t realize so many people have a needle and injection phobia.

Terrified of needles? That can affect your health - Harvard Health

What is trypanophobia?
Fittingly, the name combines the Greek term trypano — meaning puncturing or piercing — with phobia, meaning fear. This remarkably common condition is marked by irrational, extreme fear or aversion to blood or needles. It’s estimated that fear of needles affects up to 25% of adults, and may lead 16% of people in the US to skip vaccinations. Many people who strongly fear needle sticks may avoid doctors and medical care, so it’s likely that the magnitude of this problem is underestimated.

Nope, just a good Dr that's a big part of why I'm here and follow his advice.

Do my best not to be rude and never told anyone else how to feel on the subject, expect the same in return.

Not everyone knows you like the regulars and lifers in the RF. Folks need to let other people make their own health decisions and not feel the need to belittle others for making theirs.

Glad you are doing well, brother.

Not everyone knows you like the regulars and lifers in the RF. Folks need to let other people make their own health decisions and not feel the need to belittle others for making theirs.

Glad you are doing well, brother.

*Trully appreciated Glitch.
Seen dozens mention theirs', never thought my humor inspired comment would be a trigger, jeesh.
Guess, I'm just lucky like that, haha

Hope all's well in the Glichten.. um.. Glitch, universe my friend😁

Last edited:
I am the only one vaxxed - had to for work.

So she is not and neither are the kids.

Funny enough she is excited to have it and get the natural antibodies.

May want to explain that the only immunity from a particular strain seems to be that strain.

One of my staff’s husband has now been hospitalized three times with three different strans. Maybe want to rethink the natural immunity vs vaccine strategy.

95% of current Covid hospital admissions, ICU admissions and deaths are from unvaccinated people.

I am not judging or making any political statements. More FYI.

Hopefully y’all recover fully and quickly. 🙏

May want to explain that the only immunity from a particular strain seems to be that strain.

One of my staff’s husband has now been hospitalized three times with three different strans. Maybe want to rethink the natural immunity vs vaccine strategy.

95% of current Covid hospital admissions, ICU admissions and deaths are from unvaccinated people.

Citation please.

Curious. What do you make of the asymptomatic people? I read early on the theory was they were asymptomatic from having something similar in the past.

Again, not opening a political discussion. Just curious on your take as a health professional.

That makes zero sense. All the vaccine is doing is mimicking the spike protein to create an immune response. Natural immunity is seeing the whole thing, spike protein included. We've been at this almost two years. The number of confirmed reinfections are very low as a percentage of infections, suggesting a strong natural immunity protection.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
That makes zero sense. All the vaccine is doing is mimicking the spike protein to create an immune response. Natural immunity is seeing the whole thing, spike protein included. We've been at this almost two years. The number of confirmed reinfections are very low as a percentage of infections, suggesting a strong natural immunity protection.
Notably, several other target proteins are largely unchanged in the more recent "variants," which would obviously make naturally-acquired immunity more robust than the specific coverage offered by the spike mRNA shot.

Column: After hospitalizations, COVID-19 patients need oxygen

Except:

Adrian considered himself a germaphobe and took every precaution short of getting the vaccine, Jauregui said. He isn’t sure, but he believes he might have contracted it from a co-worker. His hospitalization has been a wake-up call for the whole family.

“After seeing what he was going through, it was an eye-opener,” Jauregui said. Getting the vaccine “is not just about us and you as your personal choice. It’s about the people out there that you don’t know that you pass on the street, that you work with.”

mandatory masks indoors in NY again

I am more than a little heated over this
I helped “flatten” the curve. I held out for your vaccine… got my first then me second. Still stayed masked for whatever reason. Finally able to make my own mask decision… thanks. I even got the booster vaccine… doesn’t matter… wear your mask. 🤬

Day 4 of COVID for me. Could be the fever, could be the collection of morans, but the comedy and arguing on this board is the only thing keeping me entertained as I sweat profusely on my couch.
At least I'll be quarantined to enjoy early signing day🙃

Day 4 of COVID for me. Could be the fever, could be the collection of morans, but the comedy and arguing on this board is the only thing keeping me entertained as I sweat profusely on my couch.

Just got over it about two weeks ago. Had 4 days of misery but the 5th day the temps went away and the sinus pressure started letting up. I hope the same for you bro.

Reactions: #1GatorHater
Just got over it about two weeks ago. Had 4 days of misery but the 5th day the temps went away and the sinus pressure started letting up. I hope the same for you bro.
Thank you.. I appreciate that. I started having symptoms Friday, got the monoclonal antibody treatment Saturday, and thought my fever broke yesterday. But its back above 100 this morning.
I've been hammering Vitamin C, D, Zinc, and mucinex. It doesn't help that I'm immuno-compromised and still have a touch of cancer. But I'm sure that I'm over the hump and headed towards recovery.

Prayers, I dont have covid but tomorrow is a week with a stomach virus and now starting to feel some what normal again.

Thank you.. I appreciate that. I started having symptoms Friday, got the monoclonal antibody treatment Saturday, and thought my fever broke yesterday. But its back above 100 this morning.
I've been hammering Vitamin C, D, Zinc, and mucinex. It doesn't help that I'm immuno-compromised and still have a touch of cancer. But I'm sure that I'm over the hump and headed towards recovery.

I will pray for your quick recovery. Thanks for sharing. After my 4th day i started feeling better everyday. I hope that happens for you. Fatigue lingered for a couple of weeks but got little better everyday. I am also taking those vits

VN Store

Back