Cooper Leaving

Perhaps, but I never said I did know what happened.

There is such a thing as fake news. What is your source of info? Unless you were at the meeting how are you so sure you know what transpired?

The minute you said this, I knew all I needed to know. Girl bye!

Reactions: 13 people
Holly handled this with class. Holly may not have inherited summitt's motivational prowess, but she def has the integrity part down, which was something i very much admired in coach summitt. I think westbrooke and hayes will make us soon forget the cooper situation..

Reactions: 5 people
Holly handled this with class. Holly may not have inherited summitt's motivational prowess, but she def has the integrity part down, which was something i very much admired in coach summitt. I think westbrooke and hayes will make us soon forget the cooper situation..

Coop was an Alpha female.
And we have several more.
Great teams have to have several of these types of players.
Might be time to consider an Alpha coach in the mix.

I hate to see Tea go as she was a very gifted player. However if she wasn't happy as a ladyvol then transferring is the right thing to do. I would rather have a player that wanted to be here vs one who did not. There have been times that the only thing that was wrong with our team was chemistry. These young ladies are just that young, and it may be beyond some of them to really know what they want when they are coming out of high school. One bad apple can spoil the whole bunch with hating. Ms Middleton I'm sure is a great young lady but did not have the mental approach needed for big time college basketball and she knew that her playing time this year would have be close to nil. The class we have coming in, has the personnel to over come this setback. Go Ladyvols:)

Reactions: 3 people
I hate to see Tea go as she was a very gifted player. However if she wasn't happy as a ladyvol then transferring is the right thing to do. I would rather have a player that wanted to be here vs one who did not. There have been times that the only thing that was wrong with our team was chemistry. These young ladies are just that young, and it may be beyond some of them to really know what they want when they are coming out of high school. One bad apple can spoil the whole bunch with hating. Ms Middleton I'm sure is a great young lady but did not have the mental approach needed for big time college basketball and she knew that her playing time this year would have be close to nil. The class we have coming in, has the personnel to over come this setback. Go Ladyvols:)

Are you going to blame the new recruits as well when they underperform? Don't blame the kids....If your brother's kids come over to your house and break things, do you fault the kids? Or your brother for not having control over them?

If the kids aren't performing, look to the adults.

I have coached for over 35 years. If my kids aren't performing up to standard...Maybe one or two times out of 20, I can directly blame the kids, but for the most part, it is on ME!

Reactions: 2 people
Mercedes and diamond have been working out with Te'a dad since they got out for the summer break so kill the Te'a left because of diamond rumors.

Reactions: 11 people
Are you going to blame the new recruits as well when they underperform? Don't blame the kids....If your brother's kids come over to your house and break things, do you fault the kids? Or your brother for not having control over them?

If the kids aren't performing, look to the adults.

I have coached for over 35 years. If my kids aren't performing up to standard...Maybe one or two times out of 20, I can directly blame the kids, but for the most part, it is on ME!

What? Good Lord, this is the type of ridiculousness that is so prevent today. Especially concerning youth and young adults. No responsibility. No accountability. Always shift blame away from where it should be.

Reactions: 5 people
What? Good Lord, this is the type of ridiculousness that is so prevent today. Especially concerning youth and young adults. No responsibility. No accountability. Always shift blame away from where it should be.

I think what he is saying is if they aren't performing at the best of their ability, then put in someone who will. Better 100% than 89%, even if the 89% produces more. That holds the youth accountable for their actions, but it takes a strong coach/adult to hold that line. I've seen coaches do it; very upset parents, but always got attention and performance from the athlete:). Weaker coaches are too scared: might lose the game, get parents angry, get fans angry, get athletes angry, etc. Just mho as gule would say:good!:.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back