Conzo & Dooley

Our fans sometimes are a disgrace, you wanna fire a 2nd year coach who is 8-5, playing without his best player, and his team was 2nd in the sec last year. Not only that but they wanna a lier and a cheater to come back and coach the team. It's very embarrassing reading these boards somtimes.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Pretty sad isn't it.

Our fans sometimes are a disgrace, you wanna fire a 2nd year coach who is 8-5, playing without his best player, and his team was 2nd in the sec last year. Not only that but they wanna a lier and a cheater to come back and coach the team. It's very embarrassing reading these boards somtimes.

Then read them correctly. Because of tie breakers we were awarded 2nd, statistically we were tied for fourth and the washed out in the first round of the sec tourny, lost at home to mtsu in second round of nit. I'm not impressed.

Reactions: 3 people
Then read them correctly. Because of tie breakers we were awarded 2nd, statistically we were tied for fourth and the washed out in the first round of the sec tourny, lost at home to mtsu in second round of nit. I'm not impressed.

Where were we predicted to finish last year pre season? We sweeped an Elite 8 team that had a lottery pick player. Beat a team with 2 Lottery picks, and a team with 2 first Rounders and a 2nd rounder. But what did you expect from that roster?

You expected better than a 4th place finish last year?

Haha! U do understand for us to be 2nd we would have had to have beaten those teams tied in 4th with us?

Where were we predicted to finish last year pre season? We sweeped an Elite 8 team that had a lottery pick player. Beat a team with 2 Lottery picks, and a team with 2 first Rounders and a 2nd rounder. But what did you expect from that roster?[/QUO

Preseason last year I predicted 20 wins and we should have won 24. A prediction is just that and an educated guess is still just a guess. We started the season playing 5 4*'s, first time in Tennessee history and you guys act like we would have only won 6 games with any other coach. You want CCM to succeed and so do other fans including me. You act like politicians " Are you going to believe me or your own lying eyes?"

Where were we predicted to finish last year pre season? We sweeped an Elite 8 team that had a lottery pick player. Beat a team with 2 Lottery picks, and a team with 2 first Rounders and a 2nd rounder. But what did you expect from that roster?[/QUO

Preseason last year I predicted 20 wins and we should have won 24. A prediction is just that and an educated guess is still just a guess. We started the season playing 5 4*'s, first time in Tennessee history and you guys act like we would have only won 6 games with any other coach. You want CCM to succeed and so do other fans including me. You act like politicians " Are you going to believe me or your own lying eyes?"

Would love to see a link to those predictions, not just for yours, but everyone's.

Haha if you call Kenny a 4 star.

I like how people just want to say that if you have 4 star players, you should be winning. Well, we returned maybe one starter (if you want to call Tatum a starter), and the other 4 starters averaged the following minutes the previous year under Pearl: Golden (13.3 minutes); Maymon (9.1); Hall (7.0); and McRae (5.3). Sheesh, that is a whole lot of experience:no: especially when you lost over 70% of your scoring. I don't understand why people won't actually look at the reasons for things happening instead of just blindly making statements.

Our 4 star players had no experience, and that is why they struggled mightily early last year on top of having their own weaknesses.

I am disappointed at some coaching strategies, too, but let's at least understand why things occur.

Not only that but they wanna a liar and a cheat to come back and coach the team.

Every successful coach has lied and/or cheated to some extent over the course of his career. Many of them keep getting away with it right under the nose of the ncaa and their programs continue to flourish. You know who they are. I'd be perfectly happy to have the coach who took UT to its first number one ranking and its first Elite 8 appearance ever back in the saddle. Wise men learn from their mistakes and there's nothing wrong with giving a proven winner a second chance should the need arise, especially when he has expressed remorse over his inadvertent past transgression. UT basketball was once exciting, solely because of you-know-who. It is now anything but exciting. Cuonzo is not what we were hoping he would be. There’s a quick fix for that.

Would love to see a link to those predictions, not just for yours, but everyone's.

I can't remember if I posted it here or not but I thought we would be a borderline NCAA team and that is where we finished.

I was right that Maymon would be a baller......expected more from McRae and hall but was surprised by Goldens production.

I can't remember if I posted it here or not but I thought we would be a borderline NCAA team and that is where we finished.

I was right that Maymon would be a baller......expected more from McRae and hall but was surprised by Goldens production.

I bumped the "time for predictions 11/12" thread and it's only a few threads down from this one.

Every successful coach has lied and/or cheated to some extent over the course of his career. Many of them keep getting away with it right under the nose of the ncaa and their programs continue to flourish. You know who they are. I'd be perfectly happy to have the coach who took UT to its first number one ranking and its first Elite 8 appearance ever back in the saddle. Wise men learn from their mistakes and there's nothing wrong with giving a proven winner a second chance should the need arise, especially when he has expressed remorse over his inadvertent past transgression. UT basketball was once exciting, solely because of you-know-who. It is now anything but exciting. Cuonzo is not what we were hoping he would be. There’s a quick fix for that.

Some BP fans would agree with that, and some stranger things have happened, but BP's stigma of cheating, remorse (real or just expressed) or not, seems to preclude him from returning as HBC. Because of the budgetary constraints caused by the asinine Mike Hamilton's buyouts/payouts of anyone and everyone, Cuonzo probably will survive but he likely has only one more year to reach the NCAA tournament (next year) and then in the fourth year the pressure will really come. No bid then might be the end.

Conzo = Dooley

Both are good guys but are in over their heads. We need to realize this and pull the trigger on Conzo now.

Reactions: 1 person
Conzo = Dooley

Both are good guys but are in over their heads. We need to realize this and pull the trigger on Conzo now.

It is "Cuonzo". It would be understandable if Martin had a.) a losing season b.) no big wins c.) was a d bag and wasn't like able. I don't see the comparison..

Also Dooley isn't over his head now, he isn't our coach.

It is "Cuonzo". It would be understandable if Martin had a.) a losing season b.) no big wins c.) was a d bag and wasn't like able. I don't see the comparison..

Also Dooley isn't over his head now, he isn't our coach.

Actually, Dooley is in over his head when he gets up in the morning.

Martin exceeded expectations his first year. He is not meeting expectations this year. Knoxville is a tough place to coach. If you don't win, you don't last very long here.

VN Store

Back