Conservatives call for constitutional intervention, last seen, 230 years ago

I don't know exactly how it would work but if we want fair taxation that's about the only thing I can think of.
It would be the best way to collect money. All transactions would be taxed. The only problem I see with it is the constant need of Washington to need more and more money, thereby raising rates constantly.

I don't know exactly how it would work but if we want fair taxation that's about the only thing I can think of.
Once a person reaches voting age (adulthood), every person has to pay their share of government expenditures. Total budget divided by total adults.

It would be the best way to collect money. All transactions would be taxed. The only problem I see with it is the constant need of Washington to need more and more money, thereby raising rates constantly.
Very prescient. Giving the corrupt elites in DC power to set rates will be no better than what we have now. Good point.

It's up to us citizens to fix the government. It's our fault the government is in the shape its in.
Lol oh hog. Just glutton for punishment.

The last thing a citizen should do is ask the criminals in Washington to do anything.

It's up to us citizens to fix the government. It's our fault the government is in the shape its in.
The buck stops with us. But our system inside the system has been bastardized by corrupt people.

I'd like to see something along the lines of an end to ALL federal taxes on citizens and business. An end to ALL federal programs not mandated by the constitution and transfer them to the state level if the state should chose to continue them. Then the states get a bill every year from the federal government for the services mandated by the constitution (minus what the feds collect through tariffs and other fees) based on the state population. Leave it to the states to figure out how to tax their residents and/or pay the bill.

Idea needs a lot of work.

Reactions: ClearwaterVol
Once a person reaches voting age (adulthood), every person has to pay their share of government expenditures. Total budget divided by total adults.

********! Every head gets to pay, if you decide to have 10 kids it just increases what you owe.

I'd like to see something along the lines of an end to ALL federal taxes on citizens and business. An end to ALL federal programs not mandated by the constitution and transfer them to the state level if the state should chose to continue them. Then the states get a bill every year from the federal government for the services mandated by the constitution (minus what the feds collect through tariffs and other fees) based on the state population. Leave it to the states to figure out how to tax their residents and/or pay the bill.

Forces politics to be local. States can't print money. Two good benefits at least.

********! Every head gets to pay, if you decide to have 10 kids it just increases what you owe.
Those kids will pay as adults. But if we're going for fairness, we can't ask kids to pay if they don't have power to decide representation.

I could get behind something like that. Until we can abolish the entire system.

Repealing the federal income tax. So now the country defaults on its obligations. Awesome idea.

Term limits I would support. Balanced budget would have to a little bit more gradual.
The county is going to default on its debt obligations one way or the other. It’s either going to default on the bond holders ( better but not likely) or its going to do what governments have been doing for thousands of years, try to print their way out ( worse case but most likely scenario).

Reactions: McDad
The county is going to default on its debt obligations one way or the other. It’s either going to default on the bond holders ( better but not likely) or its going to do what governments have been doing for thousands of years, try to print their way out ( worse case but most likely scenario).
That is the scariest / doomsday scenario. Trying to print their way out.

Reactions: Matt2496
Ironically, government is too small when it comes to our Congress. That's an area we should all want to increase.

Well the 16th ammendment has some bearing on this.

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

Plus Section 4 of the 14th ammendment makes it fairly clear that if the debt is related to a budget or funding resolution passed by Congress we’re not allowed by our own laws to just ignore it

The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

VN Store

Back