Congrats to Auburn University!

Arky gonna beat us to it also....we going to be getting into the four position

Hi Jackson. Did you mean the "Pretzel" position? Or did you really mean the # 4 position.

# 4 position = being the 4th team to begin head coach search...

pretzel position = getting in too little ($$$) too late (waiting till end of season).

Just wondering. BTW, hope you're having a great day.

Why do other schools fire their crappy coaches and let it be known to the world that they are searching for a new coach, while UT's supposed search is like a CIA mission... Are we afraid to hurt Doolander's feelings??

If the CIA mision leads us to the promised land, then I am all for it.

well guess we arent the ONLY winless SEC school this yr in conference...AU hasnt won anything either...and they are 2-7...if they do fire Chizik would be fit at UT or would be be another DD???

Kentucky is gonna get a huge hire and so will Auburn.....and we're gonna be stuck with Dooley. Kentucky hasn't done squat ever and they're gonna get Petrino. Auburn is gonna fire Chizik after 4 years and he won a championship. Dooley has won 4 SEC games in 3 years and we are willing to keep him....what is wrong with this picture?

Reactions: 1 person
Kentucky is gonna get a huge hire and so will Auburn.....and we're gonna be stuck with Dooley. Kentucky hasn't done squat ever and they're gonna get Petrino. Auburn is gonna fire Chizik after 4 years and he won a championship. Dooley has won 4 SEC games in 3 years and we are willing to keep him....what is wrong with this picture?
The higher ups are willing to set around and let Rome burn...

Reactions: 1 person
Chizik’s contract runs through the 2015 season. If he is dismissed, Auburn would owe him a $7.5 buyout, payable over the remainder of his contract....Wow...And people here are whining about paying Dooley 5 million.

Auburn fired tubberville & what is he doing now? They settled for Chizik & who are they gonna get this time? It's easy to fire somebody it's a replacement that's usually hard & sometimes go from bad to worse.

We have the most dysfunctional leadership, coaches, and fan base in America. I'm a VFL but there is sooo much negativity and drama surrounding the program right now we are f-ed if we do and f-ed if we don't.

Yes, but do you want him here? I mean, assuming that Dooley and Dykes are not our only choices.

Honestly, I think he should be a legitimate candidate. He's had success everywhere he's been. Has a good reputation as a recruiter too. I'm of the mind that we should look at guys like Dykes and Butch Jones and other young up and comers who have had success at multiple places. I think we should go through the process and interview them and see who can bring the most to this job.

I can't say I want Dykes, necessarily, because I don't know enough about him yet, but that is what we have an AD for. They are supposed to get to know these guys, interview them, and make a judgement call. That's their job. I don't like this "let the boosters throw money at a couple of big names and see where the chips fall" business. That tells me the AD doesn't want to do his job.

It's because they are worthless pieces of horse DUNG.They don't have the balls because they got burned Lame Kiffin.If they hire a new coach it will be a no name guy that comes cheap.BOOK IT....WORTHLESS LEADERSHIP IN KNOXVILLE RIGHTNOW.At least Auburn has the BALLS TO FIX their problem.

gotta see who they hire first, but atleast their willing to make a change

We have the most dysfunctional leadership, coaches, and fan base in America. I'm a VFL but there is sooo much negativity and drama surrounding the program right now we are f-ed if we do and f-ed if we don't.
Only sensible move is to jump off the ledge and find out whether we can fly. Holding pat for another season is not an option. Dooley may be here in 2013, but the damage to the program will take a generation to heal.

It is not the fact that he has been fired it is the fact that the administration is addressing the concerns of the program with the fans! For those here in bama like myself you see everyday bama is king and auburn is the stepping stone or just the other school. 1 championship in the last 50 years and I believe the other one they may have been poly institute tech!
I have been following tenn. football since the 80's and the way coach fulmer got run off I never would have thought with the tradition at UT we would settle for this! I do support this team and these players, i just hate they do not have any one to coach them up.

VN Store

Back