Confident USU Fans (blue cool-aid)

They consistently refer to us as their toughest opponent this year.

If only we could say the same of them…

I am as big a Vols fan as anyone on this board and if you think we should over look Utah state you are crazy. They have won as many games in the last two years as we have in four years and yes I know they don't play in the sec but they are not a bad football team. Now that being said I do believe we will win because I always faith in my VOLS. I not going into thinking it will be easy. Anyway I know a lot say I'm crazy and will do what VN does but oh well. Anyway GBO!

Someone posted:
Tennessee - 42
Utah State - 17

I have a great deal of respect for Utah State. They get the most out of their players. They are well coached. They run a good system. All of that having been said, this is not an ideal setup for USU IMHO. Tennessee will have a pumped up crowd as they have the only major Sunday night college football game. USU has a great QB, but this type of injury usually takes 18 months to completely recover. TN's strength is WR, which directly correlates to USU's weakness in the secondary. Also, TN has better run blocking and RBs than last year (look for Jalen Hurd to have a big game).

To be clear, I believe USU beats the Vols in 2013, but Tennessee has greatly improved their speed and athletes (as an example, the Vols starting safety in 2013 is now 3rd string due to the quality of talent recruited by Butch Jones). I wish USU fans no disrespect and I hope they come down and have a great time in Knoxville. That having been said, I don't believe this game will be close in the 4th quarter.

Then someone replied:
In all seriousness, I will bet you (and anyone other Vol fan) $5,000 if you want to give me 25 points. I'm looking to retire soon...this would accelerate the process. I'm guessing that in reality, however, you aren't as dumb as your post makes you sound.

I am as big a Vols fan as anyone on this board and if you think we should over look Utah state you are crazy. They have won as many games in the last two years as we have in four years and yes I know they don't play in the sec but they are not a bad football team. Now that being said I do believe we will win because I always faith in my VOLS. I not going into thinking it will be easy. Anyway I know a lot say I'm crazy and will do what VN does but oh well. Anyway GBO!

With their schedule... we'd be talking about naming a street after Dooley.

If Jones is the coach we all hope he is... this game is not close. UT wins by 17+. The Vols simply have superior... everything.

Reactions: 1 person
I believe it was the late-20th century poet and philosopher Michael Tyson who said, "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

Reactions: 6 people
Except Utah State is ****ing Utah State. Not Tennessee by any means.

Tennessee has been closer to Utah St. than Tennessee as of late. Some seem to forget we are only 1 season removed from the Dooley malfunction.

Is Tennessee as bad as some of those quotes make them out to be? No. (but similar stupidity can be found on here as well)

Should they feel confident they can come in and compete with UT? Absolutely. We ve done nothing in the last five years to scare them into thinking otherwise.

Should they feel confident they can come in and compete with UT? Absolutely. We ve done nothing in the last five years to scare them into thinking otherwise.

I wouldn't have a problem with them saying they are gonna compete with UT. but they are acting like they are gonna win by 20 or 30 points. I don't see them winning by more than 10, and that should only happen with a total collapse of UT's offense. They will not be able to shut the run down, and they will not be able to score more than a couple times imo.

I clicked on their thread asking USU fans to predict the score of the Tennessee. Of about 20 responses, all but 2 picked USU to win. Wow. In all honesty, we got a whole lotta fans just like these guys who constantly pick us to beat Florida, Oklahoma and Alabama. Fans are fans.

Nothing much to see here folks. One or two really homerish fans pick USU and say some absurd things. I could point out specific posters here who also make homerish, absurd statements about Tennessee but I'll refrain. If you go to an opponents message board and expect all 100% level-headedness, well you need to have your head inspected. It's the nature of the beast.
There are one or two fans that think we are going to roll Tennessee. I am hard pressed to find too many that honestly think we will win, let alone blow Tennessee out. Tennessee is a quality program with superior resources, recruits, and tradition. I'm glad we get to open at such a great venue and I think we'll compete well.

Reactions: 7 people
I wouldn't have a problem with them saying they are gonna compete with UT. but they are acting like they are gonna win by 20 or 30 points. I don't see them winning by more than 10, and that should only happen with a total collapse of UT's offense. They will not be able to shut the run down, and they will not be able to score more than a couple times imo.

They shouldn't stay within 17 pts of us on paper but the game isn't played on paper and anything can happen. However, like you said, their are a handful of predictions that have them pretty much blowing us out 34-17. Lol.

These guys dont act like they just have a chance, they act like they could step in the SEC and easily win the east. I don't think we should overlook them by any means but some of their fans need to take their meds

I love how they saw their D is way better than Florida's was last year in the opening paragraph or two...

Nothing much to see here folks. One or two really homerish fans pick USU and say some absurd things. I could point out specific posters here who also make homerish, absurd statements about Tennessee but I'll refrain. If you go to an opponents message board and expect all 100% level-headedness, well you need to have your head inspected. It's the nature of the beast.
There are one or two fans that think we are going to roll Tennessee. I am hard pressed to find too many that honestly think we will win, let alone blow Tennessee out. Tennessee is a quality program with superior resources, recruits, and tradition. I'm glad we get to open at such a great venue and I think we'll compete well.

USUFans.com • View topic - Predict The Score - FB 8/31 @ Tennessee

Reactions: 3 people
Nothing much to see here folks. One or two really homerish fans pick USU and say some absurd things. I could point out specific posters here who also make homerish, absurd statements but I'll refrain. There are one or two fans that think we are going to roll tennessee. I am hard pressed to find many that think we will win. Tennessee is a quality program with superior resources, recruits, and tradition. I'm glad we get to open at such a great venue and I think we'll compete well.

You're a good dude Mad, but about 90% of the guys in the "predict the UT score" thread picked USU to win. That being said, you're right, fans are fans and tend to be severely homerish. For evidence, scroll on through this site.....most everybody thinks we hammer Florida this year and I'd guess 40% or so are certain we beat Bama or Oklahoma.

The losers mentality is all but eliminated from this program. Hopefully the new blood that hasn't been exposed to the losing culture brought in by Dooley can push the small group of remaining upperclassmen. These kids will be ready to play on the 31st. To the USU fans.. good luck with that.

They are as young as we are with not nearly the horses. The are coming a long way to open the season at night in front of 100K.

On paper it shouldn't be all that close. The biggest wildcard is Keetan. Guy was a stud pre-injury. Is he fully back? Can he make plays like he used too? That will go a long way in determining the score of this contest.

Reactions: 2 people
This is what one of their fans had to say about us...

With the inexperience and laughable QBs this is the easiest of the P5s USU has played on the road and should be a laugher.

Are you f$#!ing kidding me? :crazy:

I don't think USU will be an easy win or a pushover, but to say they will beat us so bad it's laughable is disrespect and pissed me off a little bit.

I'm not one that usually taunts or rubs it in, but you can bet that if we win this one I'll be asking this fan how laughable the orange train that just ran his team over was.

When I look back years from now at how far we fell at this point in time... I'm gonna remember this Utah State thread with the majority of their fanbase thinking they're gonna walk into a Neyland night game and leave with an easy W.

You're a good dude Mad, but about 90% of the guys in the "predict the UT score" thread picked USU to win. That being said, you're right, fans are fans and tend to be severely homerish. For evidence, scroll on through this site.....most everybody thinks we hammer Florida this year and I'd guess 40% or so are certain we beat Bama or Oklahoma.

I should backtrack a bit I guess. The majority of our fans did predict we would win, but only one or two in blowout fashion. It's a group think mentality in every message board and all of us have our goggles on. I have enjoyed talking with the majority of the Tennessee fans that have happened by, ya'll are good people and I look forward to the game.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back