Conference Realignments

Research triangle

They are....wake might be the only one i mentioned that's not

A lot of people just seem to assume that since aTm had such a "little brother" relationship with Texas, NC St must obviously have one with duke and UNC too
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Triangle means nothing to athletics.

Triangle means nothing to athletics.

You're mistaken though if you don't think academic presentation isn't part of the end all for the ACC schools.

That's part of the reason GA tech is much happier in the ACC then they ever were (or would be) in the sec (& why all the NC schools like what their little comfy, same area and conference setup gives them)

And yeah it kind of is one of the secondary selling points in expansion....part of what appealed of aTm was that they were also an AAU school; it's the university presidents that make the final votes on who gets in or where their school goes (along with the boards)

You're mistaken though if you don't think academic presentation isn't part of the end all for the ACC schools.

That's part of the reason GA tech is much happier in the ACC then they ever were (or would be) in the sec (& why all the NC schools like what their little comfy, same area and conference setup gives them)

And yeah it kind of is one of the secondary selling points in expansion....part of what appealed of aTm was that they were also an AAU school; it's the university presidents that make the final votes on who gets in or where their school goes (along with the boards)

NC State won't lose out on grant and research money associated with the triangle just because they change athletic conferences.

furthermore, the A&M example is a contradiction to your reasoning. It shows that an academically-minded school is willing to join the SEC

furthermore, the A&M example is a contradiction to your reasoning. It shows that an academically-minded school is willing to join the SEC

...I never said a school didn't want to join the sec because of the conference effect on any sort of academics

The main thing is - unlike a&m was - they're actually happy in the current situation they're in...(.there's a bit too about they like being able to play each other yearly and the NC schools pretty much control the ACC but not getting into that...)

(but this stuff has been said, constantly, about the NC St option since this talk all started back in June or July with the aTm moves)

I'm just saying, I don't think NC State is tied to UNC and Duke. Especially due to the triangle affiliation

That's what needs to be done... I would like the Big XII to stay together, but Texas needs to be put in its place.

Oklahoma has brilliantly painted Texas into a corner. The ball is in the hands of Texas. They make or break the Big 12.

If they choose to allow for an even distribution of TV revenues and agree to fire their henchman, Dan Bebee, then Oklahoma would consider coming back to a Big 12 that would be more stable than it is.

Texas can do this and bring stability to the league. If they don't, the entire nation will see them as the greedy school that created the mess we call conference realignment/superconferences.

Hell, you'd probably even see mizzou and maybe even tamu come off the table.

If a conference like the bxii dissolves, it would only be natural that others absorb left over teams to get a piece of that texas pie. I dont think that anybody doesn't realize this realignment madness can all be traced back to tu and their greed.

Hell, you'd probably even see mizzou and maybe even tamu come off the table.

If a conference like the bxii dissolves, it would only be natural that others absorb left over teams to get a piece of that texas pie. I dont think that anybody doesn't realize this realignment madness can all be traced back to tu and their greed.

Tamu already burned its bridge, they don't care to come back. Big 12 means mizzou stays though.

I'm not sure I see any way texas and its wants could even come out winning anyways. All this stuff is going to be put to majority vote...almost like OU spoke to the PAC-12 and held its board of regents vote just in order to get in a position to say "here are our demands to be met" (we're the big dogs now)

Doubtful the BigXII survives. The ACC has already gone to 14. I don't see the SEC, PAC, and B1G (or whatever they are calling themselves now) sitting still for long.

Or wait, what if OU is calling this vote to make sure texas actually goes to the pac12 too?

Wow starting to think too much on this

Now George Schroeder is saying on Twitter that the PAC-12 has decided not to expand.

ESPN reporting it too.

Last edited:
Wow breaking news from ESPN PAC 12 has decided not to expanded, and that OU and Texas are now trying to save the Big 12!!!!!!

Edit and they said that OU wants the Big 12 commissioner out!

In light of the widespread speculation about potential scenarios for Conference re-alignment, the Pac-12 Presidents and Chancellors have affirmed their decision to remain a 12-team conference. Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott said, “after careful review we have determined that it is in the best interests of our member institutions, student-athletes and fans to remain a 12-team conference. While we have great respect for all of the institutions that have contacted us, and certain expansion proposals were financially attractive, we have a strong conference structure and culture of equality that we are committed to preserve. With new landmark TV agreements and plans to launch our innovative television networks, we are going to focus solely on these great assets, our strong heritage and the bright future in front of us.””

- Pac-12 -

Unless the ou board of regents actually managed to put texas in their place, the bxii is a carcass waiting to get picked. Larry scott is one of the smartest guys in college athletics, he will have the pac turning out just fine.

VN Store

Back