Comic Books

Been reading Usagi Yojimbo Saga from Dark Horse. Like many I was introduced to Usagi via TMNT. Ive always wanted to explore the character more and finally bought vol 1 collection (although it’s not his first series). So far it’s really good. Turtles are in the first story. I see why so many look to Stan Sakia as a master cartoonist.

On a similar side note I also started reading the original TMNT series with my kids. I guess we were going too slow because my 10 year old just took it upon himself to finish vol.1 and 2 on his own 😂

Lol, I thought you were a new poster.
Yeah I figured a name change was due with Texas joining the SEC probably best to drop the “burnt orange”.

Couldn’t think of a good variation so I went with the Thing since he’s orange 😂

Going on a Ram V kick. Enjoying his storyline in Detective Comics. Picked up the first issue of Rare Flavours, and just read Laila Starr and Grafity’s Wall. It’s all so well done.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolInNorthCack
Preview of some books I’ll be covering for my Journey into 1993 before the end of the year. May not get to all of them.

These have been fun to watch. I have some of those titles from Image. The Maximum Carnage storyline from Spiderman was fun to read in ‘93 also.

For that Deathmate series, I have the prologue and epilogue and yellow, black, blue, and red.

These have been fun to watch. I have some of those titles from Image. The Maximum Carnage storyline from Spiderman was fun to read in ‘93 also.

For that Deathmate series, I have the prologue and epilogue and yellow, black, blue, and red.
I forgot about Maximum Carnage. I don’t have it but I’ll see if I can get a cheap copy. A buddy just sent my the first Deadpool mini from 93. I’ll be covering that one in the coming weeks for sure.

Sounds like you have the whole set of Deathmate. I mentioned Black because it was the first appearance of Gen 13 so folks point to it as a “key”.

Hey @BenGrimm - not sure where you’re located, but Towne Square comics and records in Gallatin has a good selection of reasonably-priced back issues. I went by there when I was in town last week.

Over the summer ai revisited Batman Knightfall with my kids. Doing a video per day on it this week.

Batman Knightfall starts here! (part 1 of 5)

Looking forward to watching this one!

This is such a good series. I was mid teens when this came out. The Sam Keith covers for Detective Comics in the lead up to the series and first few issues of the series are great.

The Vengeance of Bane graphic novel is one of my all time favorite comics.

The only negative for me are the Kelley Jones covers. Never have cared for his take on Batman.

Looking forward to watching this one!

This is such a good series. I was mid teens when this came out. The Sam Keith covers for Detective Comics in the lead up to the series and first few issues of the series are great.

The Vengeance of Bane graphic novel is one of my all time favorite comics.

The only negative for me are the Kelley Jones covers. Never have cared for his take on Batman.

Kelly Jones was weird to me back in the day but I’ve come around to it and really love those covers.

I also backed his and Matt Wagners Dracula GN on Kickstarter. Can’t wait to get that in my hand later this year.

Kelly Jones was weird to me back in the day but I’ve come around to it and really love those covers.

I also backed his and Matt Wagners Dracula GN on Kickstarter. Can’t wait to get that in my hand later this year.
That sounds cool. Didn’t know they were doing Dracula.

I’m tempted to start picking up some Grendel books.

Reactions: BenGrimm
I’d like to get into Grendel too. I only really read the Batman crossover.

Matt Wagner’s Mage has been on my list forever as well.
That’s where Grendel was introduced, right? I think that’s the case. Somewhere in the first 10 or so issues of Mage.

VN Store

Back