Comic Books

Trying a couple of options from Boom Comics. Hadn’t read any of their stuff before. Started with We Only Find Them When They’re Dead and Know your Station. Both are space-based, sci-fi. I like Know your Station better so far.

Outside of DC, Image, Marvel, do you folks have publishers or titles that you really enjoy?

Trying a couple of options from Boom Comics. Hadn’t read any of their stuff before. Started with We Only Find Them When They’re Dead and Know your Station. Both are space-based, sci-fi. I like Know your Station better so far.

Outside of DC, Image, Marvel, do you folks have publishers or titles that you really enjoy?

I read the first tpb of Something I’d Killing the Children from Boom. More of a horror book.

The Black Hammer books from Dark Horse are really good. It’s superhero but more character driven.

Reactions: franklinpence
Just ordered book one of Saga. I had read the first few volumes a while back. Excited to get back into it.

It recently started back from a 3 year hiatus.

I read the first book. Need to make time and get back into it.

Reactions: bignewt

There's all those canceled pros that make the comics gate comics, I've been checking them out recently.

There's all those canceled pros that make the comics gate comics, I've been checking them out recently.

No one was canceled. They just didn’t want to work on the books the big 2 were putting out. (Fair enough. I’ve not been interested in the direction of most books from them the past 10 years either). Then they hitched their wagon to the anti-woke crowd.

I guess they found their niche but it involves a lot of crying. Plenty of indie creators out there just doing their thing with our making it about stupid culture war stuff.

I feel like that's it's own discussion per artist/writer, but I'm referring to the comics they are putting out. Also ( due to an unfortunate passing. ) My brother 'n law gave me some Hulk comics for Christmas that belonged to his dad. Some late 70's issues. He want's me come check some more out. I love the smell of that old news print.

Edit: It was weird mentioning that since I really respected his dad.

Reading Kroma. It’s a 4-issue limited series from Image. Three issues out so far. I’m enjoying it.

For those in Knoxville, this Saturday February 25th from 8am-5pm, Spring Into Comics 2023 will be at Rothchild Catering and Conference Center. $5 admission, kids get in free. I know comics vendors will be there as well as Magic the Gathering cards.

I like your table. Do you have a comic shop?

No. I’ve been sharing and chatting comics on Instagram since 2019. Last year had that desk mat made because I was tired of the bland dining room table. I want to get more into doing these book reviews on YT. It’s just a matter of finding time to film them.

No. I’ve been sharing and chatting comics on Instagram since 2019. Last year had that desk mat made because I was tired of the bland dining room table. I want to get more into doing these book reviews on YT. It’s just a matter of finding time to film them.

I like your Turok bit with the Beverly Hills Cop exchange.

Reactions: BenGrimm
Just finished Superman Space Age by Mark Russell and Mike & Laura Allred. It was excellent!

It follows a pre-Crisis Superman from the 1960s through the mid 80s before the Antimonitor arrives. I think it’s hard to write a really good Superman story but Russell found a great way to explore the character and the larger DC Universe. Lots of introspections on what it means to try and save the world. What happens if you can’t?

it was a 3 issue prestige series. The collected edition comes out in May.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
The number of multiple copies of books in that collection is staggering. It will be interesting to see the movie/documentary once that comes out.

Yeah it seems like he realized that these things would appreciate back in the 70s and started stockpiling.

And the Star Wars toys that he bought and just put away.

Recently read the first tpb of Killidephia.

Vampire story set in present day with the head vampire is John Adams. Fantastic art. Cool concept of a well worn motif. I did find the plot a little disjointed though. Over all pretty solid and I will probably read the 2nd volume.

If anyone is in Knoxville this weekend, come on by Fanboy expo and visit the Buzzard Brothers. All sorts of comics from Golden Age up and lots of vintage toys.

Reactions: BenGrimm

VN Store

Back