Collierville coach resigns after video surfaces

I don't care either way, but the nimrod that recorded it should be never allowed to play again. Probably views himself as a whistleblower, but guys like him are a problem.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Go and listen to the racist rants from the 4 Memphis Melrose coaches. They are still working.

Weak sauce compared to some of the things I've heard from coaches over the years. That's just a little temper tantrum. Maybe those players need to try intramurals if they're that fragile. No way they'd make it at any level past HS or as a part of any HS program worth a damn.

I see not a damn thing wrong with what he said!! That's what's wrong with these punk ass kids today, mama and daddy coddle them till they are 18 years old and finally pop the titty out of their mouth at 22!! If you say boo to a kid now days, they go crying to their soft punk ass parents wanting justice against the big bad wolf coach because they didnt get their way or they DIDN'T do their job liked they are coached to do!! As for the small few on here that see's this as SO BAD...... either you didn't play or you played and have a authority issues of being told what to do and how to do it by a COACH!!!!

Kids and parents today need to MAN UP!!!!

So Grizz, you wouldn't have an issue with this coach "motivating" your child?

So Grizz, you wouldn't have an issue with this coach "motivating" your child?

NOPE!!!! If he is F'in up and being disrespectful to a coach and not doing what he is told, BREAK YOUR FOOT OFF IN HIS ASS COACH!!!! Then I'd break my foot off in his ass after the coach did!!!! That's the way I was raised and I'm an OUTSTANDING citizen today for it.

Reactions: 1 person
I see not a damn thing wrong with what he said!! That's what's wrong with these punk ass kids today, mama and daddy coddle them till they are 18 years old and finally pop the titty out of their mouth at 22!! If you say boo to a kid now days, they go crying to their soft punk ass parents wanting justice against the big bad wolf coach because they didnt get their way or they DIDN'T do their job liked they are coached to do!! As for the small few on here that see's this as SO BAD...... either you didn't play or you played and have a authority issues of being told what to do and how to do it by a COACH!!!!

Kids and parents today need to MAN UP!!!!

Generation "M"e.......We are effin doomed.

Any man that threatens a kid and challenges a kid to "step up to him" IS NOT a MAN. You all can "back in my day" all you want. I played 14 years worth and coached enough to know better.

He may be a great guy but this "supposed" leader of young men is doing nothing more than raging for no apparent reason. Oh nevermind, he wanted to put tape on his shoes.

Any man that threatens a kid and challenges a kid to "step up to him" IS NOT a MAN. You all can "back in my day" all you want. I played 14 years worth and coached enough to know better.

He may be a great guy but this "supposed" leader of young men is doing nothing more than raging for no apparent reason. Oh nevermind, he wanted to put tape on his
shoes.

what are these kids gonna do when they got a gruff old construction crew leader breathing down their neck or a nasty drill instructor up their ass? Tell the boss I don't want to do that because my parents said I don't have to? NO! He's gonna get his walking papers!! That My crew leader gives me a cussin every day!! And I bet your sweet ass it motivates me to get the job done the right way!!

R2P I guess you let your kids run around and do what they want huh. They have rules set in place for a reason. You dress as a team and play like a team.

R2P I guess you let your kids run around and do what they want huh. They have rules set in place for a reason. You dress as a team and play like a team.

BINGO!!!! Where I volunteer at, the HC use to let kids leave with their parents after a road game. Then he said we came as a team we leave as a team. And that's the way it is. No one person or PARENTS are bigger than the team.

He may be a great guy but this "supposed" leader of young men is doing nothing more than raging for no apparent reason. Oh nevermind, he wanted to put tape on his shoes.

I believe every word of this post. Yaaawn.

Hi gen m'er. Don't you have homework to do?

These kids today could NOT play for Woody Hayes, Bear Bryant, Gen Neyland, Vince Lombardi, Nick Saban, Steve Spurrier. These coaches were *******s and they were or are champions and they had the fear and the respect of their players.

I didn't listen - did he say anything about not having the damn courtesy to give a reach around? If not, then it's weak sauce.

Coach Abel was a nice guy. Everyone liked him when I was there. I guarantee you 90% of high school football coaches do the same thing, probably worse. All it was was a motivational tool to get them pumped before the game and to call out some questionable actions by a handful of players. I really enjoyed the Sports 56 anchors throwing shots at the county and player who recorded the rant.

Coach Abel has been at Collierville for 24 years! He has been doing this every single year to get the team fired up! It's so sad that he is gone because one group of kids cant take criticism. Pisses me off. i went to high school just a litle ways down the road and my coach put this rant to shame. So sad.

Makes you want to puke?

Coach Abel was a nice guy. Everyone liked him when I was there. I guarantee you 90% of high school football coaches do the same thing, probably worse. All it was was a motivational tool to get them pumped before the game and to call out some questionable actions by a handful of players. I really enjoyed the Sports 56 anchors throwing shots at the county and player who recorded the rant.

Oh no he wasn't motivating them, he was warping them for life (sarcasm). Poor baby, go nurse on mommies boob till your 25!!

I guess I have always had a different approach to coaching. Granted I have only coached/am coaching HS tennis and baseball, I never found a scenario where I needed to flood a practice meeting with loads of profanity.

WIth that said, neither of those sports are violent like football, and I am aware that a different mindset is needed than tennis.

I am in the camp of being leaders of young men, and being a role model. I'm not saying my practices have never had a trace of profanity or "loud discipline", but I just don't coach like this guy or "a John Gruden".

If Tony Dungy can exclude this type of behavior while coaching, so can I. It's tough to ask kids to maintan discipline, work hard in the classroom, and then their sovereign leader sounds like that.

Do I think my generation and lower are soft, without a doubt. Would I allow my son to play for a coach who speaks that way, probably. The man can run his camp however he pleases. To each their own.

But, I have to admit, if a kid was secretly recording me, just waiting on a mistake...I'd have to stomp my "leaders of men spiel" like a terrible towel!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back