Colin Kaepernick Thread

So many "hot takes" (I hate that phrase but I don't know what else to call them) on this

First off, he never said that he personally was being oppressed, so that angle of attack (i.e., "how can he say that when 2 white people adopted him and he makes millions of dollars!") is invalid. I'll say that in defense of him.

However, what he's doing is pretty clearly attention-seeking and I don't like the generalities in his criticism. Name these people on paid leave who you think are getting away with murder. Everybody knows who you are talking about in a general sense, but name an individual who you think is getting away with murdering a black person.

Also, if he is the starting QB or thinks he has a good chance to get the job, does he say this? Probably not.

I honestly don't mind him exercising his 1st amendment right for something he apparently believes in.

I just wonder where his political morality has been for the last 5 years. I mean, I don't recall him sitting during the national anthem when he was the starting quarterback of a super bowl participant in New Orleans a few years ago.

It naturally makes me wonder if this guy's intentions are authentic or if he's merely an attention seeker who knows his time in the limelight has passed him by.

Kaepernick has spoken out on issues like this in the past. He says himself that his goal is to attract attention. Apparently it's working

I'm fine with what he is doing. He's doing what he feels is right and is putting his future job prospects at risk. I know I've often swallowed my tounge to protect my paycheck.

Reactions: 2 people
There is a wide assortment of legitimate criticism that one could throw at Kaepernick. That assortment does not include "he's rich" or "he's got white parents."

So? What does that have to do with your first amendment statement or what I said?

I do agree with him that it takes less time and training to become a police officer than it does to be a cosmotologist, and that isnt right. Our police officers do need better training, especially with use of force. Im fine with him taking a stand, but im not sure this is the right way to do it...although its well within his rights.

Reactions: 1 person
I do agree with him that it takes less time and training to become a police officer than it does to be a cosmotologist, and that isnt right. Our police officers do need better training, especially with use of force. Im fine with him taking a stand, but im not sure this is the right way to do it...although its well within his rights.

How much time and training has Kaepernick had as a QB and still can't find two wide open receivers?

He stinks on ice.

kapwat.0.gif

I don't even know what you're asking.

Your following statement...

There is a wide assortment of legitimate criticism that one could throw at Kaepernick. That assortment does not include "he's rich" or "he's got white parents."

What does that have to do with the first amendment?

Your following statement...

What does that have to do with the first amendment?

When you attack the messenger, rather than the message, or you decide that someone "should" do something as utterly meaningless as standing for the anthem, then you aren't a proponent of free speech.

When you attack the messenger, rather than the message, or you decide that someone "should" do something as utterly meaningless as standing for the anthem, then you aren't a proponent of free speech.
It is not utterly meaningless to many including Kaepernick.

What has he done to help? Last I checked he signed a $119 million dollar contract. How much of hat has went to help anyone?

His protest is not meaningless to him. Whether he stands or not is utterly meaningless to everyone else whether they realize it or not.

What you just posted is utterly meaningless whether you realize it or not.

Is anyone asking he be jailed or asking congress to enact a law regarding the imprisonment of individuals not respecting the flag/national anthem?

If yes, explain yourself please?

Is anyone asking he be jailed or asking congress to enact a law regarding the imprisonment of individuals not respecting the flag/national anthem?

If yes, explain yourself please?

Point taken. I should have said "Free Speech" as opposed to "the First Amendment."

While I think his reasoning is bad, some of the backlash against him is pretty stupid as well. Like the woman at the Blaze who went off on him, she jumped to a lot of conclusions about what he said that he didn't actually say.

VN Store

Back